Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Anybody else notice any significance to the date that this takes effect from?

Nah, you're the only one. alt=huh.png>

They do not realise that April 1 is a modern day Western construct ! smile.png

Ah but the meaning of which has been warmly embraced and played out on on a daily basis here biggrin.png

Yes, almost every day I have to check my calendar!

Im due to do mine on the 6th April.

I recently returned from Cambodia 6th March and says valid 8th June.

Im confused do i still report on the 6th April ref the paper in my passport or is June ok.

Plus can i do this online

Thanks for your help in advance

Potters

Be aware APRIL 6TH IS PUBLIC HOLIDAY CHAKRI DAY AND THERE ARE 3 OTHER PUBLIC HOLIDAYS IN aPRIL FOR SONGKRAN ON

13TH 14TH AND 15TH SORRY CANNOT SHIFT LOCK ON THESS PC

• Like 1

At some point in the future... so currently only available on a browser nobody uses and is going away completely.

i THINK YOU'LL FIND MOST THAI iMMIGRATION OFFICERS ARE USING IE

iF YOU ADD EXTENSION TO CHROME IT WORKS FINE

chrome-extension://hehijbfgiekmjfkfjpbkbammjbdenadd/nhc.htm#url=http://extranet.immigration.go.th/pibics/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

EXCUSE CAP ;LOCK WONT TURN OFF,NOT SHOUTING TRYING TO BE HELPFUL

IN CHROME TOOLS ADD EXTENSION OR GOOGLE

OPEN IE IN CHROME

• Like 1

At some point in the future... so currently only available on a browser nobody uses and is going away completely.

Like it or not, if you had to develop for just one browser, it is the obvious solution as it's installed on pretty well everyone's PC and will be for a few years yet.

I'd just be grateful that they're doing it frankly!

• Like 1

I normally do my in person 90 day report 3 - 4 days before it is due.

Using the on-line reporting, you report, at the latest, 7 days before the due date. If you leave an extra 3 days in case of problems, you are doing the report 10 days before the due date.

Assuming that the date you do the on-line report determines the next due date, you lose 10 days every report.

Your reporting does then, in effect, become an 80 day report.

This means that in a 2 year period you are doing one extra 90 (80) day report.

rawhod, on 30 Mar 2015 - 08:47, said:rawhod, on 30 Mar 2015 - 08:47, said:rawhod, on 30 Mar 2015 - 08:47, said:rawhod, on 30 Mar 2015 - 08:47, said:rawhod, on 30 Mar 2015 - 08:47, said:

Using the on-line reporting, you report, at the latest, 7 days before the due date. If you leave an extra 3 days in case of problems, you are doing the report 10 days before the due date.

Assuming that the date you do the on-line report determines the next due date, you lose 10 days every report.

You don't lose any days. The date of your next report will always be 90 days from when your last report was due, not from the date you reported.

I always previously applied by post 15 days before the 90 day report date. My new report date is always 90 days from the last report date.

My next report date is 9th April and the one after that will be due 8th July.

I suspect that the reason you have to apply online at the latest 7 days before, is in case there is a problem, which then allows you another 14 days to attend your Immigration office in person.

Edited by Faz

rawhod, on 30 Mar 2015 - 08:47, said:rawhod, on 30 Mar 2015 - 08:47, said:rawhod, on 30 Mar 2015 - 08:47, said:rawhod, on 30 Mar 2015 - 08:47, said:rawhod, on 30 Mar 2015 - 08:47, said:

You don't lose any days. The date of your next report will always be 90 days from when your last report was due, not from the date you reported.

That is not true, at least in Chiang Mai and has been that way for many years. I have a pinned topic in the CM forum for 90 day reports and because of complaints from members about losing days I added extra information to cover this issue. This is despite the main Immigration website saying otherwise. So as usual, your mileage may vary depending on your reporting area. Whether this will apply to online reporting or not, time will tell.

"n.b. The 90 days is from the date the report is processed and not from the expiration of the previous 90 day report receipt. Example, if you go in 5 days before expiration then you will be stamped for your next report 90 days from that date and not from the expiration date stamped on your previous receipt. This applies to walk in or mail in."

• Like 1

I always previously applied by post 15 days before the 90 day report date. My new report date is always 90 days from the last report date.

My next report date is 9th April and the one after that will be due 8th July.

I suspect that the reason you have to apply online at the latest 7 days before, is in case there is a problem, which then allows you another 14 days to attend your Immigration office in person.

I don't know what immigration office you are reporting to but I can assure it does not work that way at almost all other offices.

You next report will be due 90 days from when you do the report. It works both ways If you do it late your 90 days start from that date.

My immigration office certainly does it that way.

• Like 1

so can some one put me right on this at to "losing" days. how does it work at the main government office "the huge one" forgot name ok.if i report 15 days early, (going away) do i "lose" those 15 days. so the idea, if this is the case is to report "late" ie up to 7 days after due date. thanks

From the Immigration Act, English translation:

5. If the alien stays in the Kingdom longer than ninety days, such alien must notify the
competent official at the Immigration Division , in writing , concerning his place of stay , as soon as
possible upon expiration of ninety days. The alien is required to do so every ninety days. Where there is
an Immigration Office , the alien may notify a competent Immigration Official of that office.

Assuming that the date you do the on-line report determines the next due date, you lose 10 days every report. //

Yes, and ? So you will have to "lost" 5 minutes on your computer every 2 years. How is that a problem ?

• Like 2

so can some one put me right on this at to "losing" days. how does it work at the main government office "the huge one" forgot name ok.if i report 15 days early, (going away) do i "lose" those 15 days. so the idea, if this is the case is to report "late" ie up to 7 days after due date. thanks

I am don't think saying you loose days is the best phrase to use. I would say that you will have to do your next report sooner if you do your report early instead of waiting until ii is due.

You must be asking about Chaeng Wattana immigration. They start the new 90 days on the date the report is done.

Sorry to upset the apple cart but Amnat always give the next 90 day report, 90 days after the previous due date regardless of the date you apply.

My last report was due on 9/1/15. I posted it on 24/12/14. Received it back around 5/1/15.

Next report date is due 9/4/15.

Entered Thailand 27/4/14 on a 90 day Non Imm O.

Converted to retirement extension on 16/7/2014.

90 day reports thereafter from 16/7/14.

I have never attended Immigration on the due date of my 90 day report, always 1-2 weeks earlier.

After the April report I expect my next report to be due 8/7/15.

My extension expires 25/7/15.

I haven't experienced what your describing.

Another Immigration inconsistency?

Let's hope the boss at Kap Choeng reads this notification.....

Mick, let's hope the boss at Kap Choeng keeps hi snout out of it all together and let's the expats simply use a national online system biggrin.png

Your local immigration office will still be involved in the online reporting. Once you submit the "application" it is sent to your local office who will then do the approval so that you can then print out the receipt. They will still maintain your reporting records.

Didn't work with safari or chrome on my Mac. Is this April fool? Sounds strange they would launch IE only.

Did you try pasting the link address into your browser. Copy and paste this and try it. extranet.immigration.go.th/pibics/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

You will get the message that you need IE but you just need to click OK and it should load, Others have reported opening it in Chrome on a Mac this way.

If it fails the first time try it again,

Assuming that the date you do the on-line report determines the next due date, you lose 10 days every report. //

Yes, and ? So you will have to "lost" 5 minutes on your computer every 2 years. How is that a problem ?

My post was meant only as an observation to promote some discussion, which it achieved, not a complaint.