Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

Without reading all 77 pages on this subject;

Is it correct that online 90-day reporting can only be used after an applicant has made at least one 90-day report personally at an Immigration office?

OR

Can someone who has NEVER made a 90-day report of any sort before go online and file one?

OR

Does one's details need to be 'in the system' already before online filing is permitted.

OR

Is their website still dysfunctional?

Reason for questions are that after filling in the first page and doing the Captcha thing, it launches a popup window to contact an Immigration Office. When I click OK, it takes me back to page 1 with all the personal data but a new Captcha number. Repeat...

IE 11 on Win 7 and overriding the basic security flag on their opening intranet page.

Is it correct that online 90-day reporting can only be used after an applicant has made at least one 90-day report personally at an Immigration office?

OR

Can someone who has NEVER made a 90-day report of any sort before go online and file one?

OR

Does one's details need to be 'in the system' already before online filing is permitted.

OR

Reason for questions are that after filling in the first page and doing the Captcha thing, it launches a popup window to contact an Immigration Office. When I click OK, it takes me back to page 1 with all the personal data but a new Captcha number. Repeat...

IE 11 on Win 7 and overriding the basic security flag on their opening intranet page.

You could do an application for the first 90 day report ever but it might not be approved by the immigration office where it is sent to.

The only the thing needed is a record in the data base the system accesses. that is a record of you last entry to the country. If your last entry was years ago you may not have a record in it or if you have gotten a new passport since your last entry the wrong passport number would be in it.

The message you got means your record was not found. It can be an error in the info submitted. Double check everything is correct and that you used the pull down menu to select your nationality.

OR

OR

OR

You could do an application for the first 90 day report ever but it might not be approved by the immigration office where it is sent to.

The only the thing needed is a record in the data base the system accesses. that is a record of you last entry to the country. If your last entry was years ago you may not have a record in it or if you have gotten a new passport since your last entry the wrong passport number would be in it.

The message you got means your record was not found. It can be an error in the info submitted. Double check everything is correct and that you used the pull down menu to select your nationality.

Thanks joe, the pull down nationality list was a tad perplexing as I could not find UNIted Kingdom or GREat Britain but did find SCOtland (which I am) but maybe the Immi officer at BKK last December had me down in the system as Irish or something!

FYI, entered on 18 December, same passport on entry as I am trying online reporting on, never made a 90-day report before ever (always in-and-out of Thailand).

Edit. Just found BRITISH for nationality, used that along with all the correct info in upper case and still getting...

post-35874-0-54743500-1457242699_thumb.j

biggrin.png

(appended Thai script omitted)

USA: AMERICAN

UK: BRITISH

Take care not to pick one of the BRITISH variations like BRITISH (HK)

Sure you will not select BRITISH COLONIST cheesy.gif (and two more variations)

And indeed a SCOTTISH entry, for future use tongue.png same as UTOPIA.

Other notables: CZECH, CZECH REPUBLIC ?

Duplicate identical entry for ESTONIAN ?

EAST GERMAN cheesy.gif

All in one: not very consistent (DUTCH <> NETHERLAND ANTILLES) and some obsolete entries (like YOGOSLAV).

Edited by KhunBENQ

biggrin.png

Others with big problem: CZECH, CZECH REPUBLIC blink.png

I used BRITISH twice and still no success. I did note that unusually, the incoming Immigration stamper did not annotate the entry stamp in the passport with the flight number so if he forgot to do that, maybe he also forgot to enter it in the database, causing the possible 'not found' problem? I am using the correct flight number as I still have the boarding pass stub.

Oh well... Jomtien on Tuesday morning it is then with a biscuits and gravy breakfast at PoR.

Is a 90-day report AND a multi-reentry permit same day possible?

Edited by NanLaew

biggrin.png

Others with big problem: CZECH, CZECH REPUBLIC blink.png

I used BRITISH twice and still no success. I did note that unusually, the incoming Immigration stamper did not annotate the entry stamp in the passport with the flight number so if he forgot to do that, maybe he also forgot to enter it in the database, causing the possible 'not found' problem? I am using the correct flight number as I still have the boarding pass stub.

The flight number is not a required field so unlikely to be the problem.

OK, the 90 day online site is up again but still showing my entry as Pending.

I got the job done at our local Imm Office and have the paper in my PP.

Should I use the online system and cancel my application?

Yes cancel it.

Did you make inquiry at the office about what the problem might be ?

• Like 1

Yes cancel it.

Did you make inquiry at the office about what the problem might be ?

Thanks, OK I cancelled it.

Actually, A Thai friend who deals with Asian workers from Myanmar/Laos etc. Got it done for me.

I just prepared and signed the TM47.

Can anybody answer these three simple questions, possibly answered before but lost in the long thread.

OR

OR

My belief is that the first 90 day report must be made in person thus ensuring entry to the local database. From then on the online system can be used

Thanks for your speedy reply. May I ask what documents I need? Thanks in advance for your time.

My belief is that the first 90 day report must be made in person thus ensuring entry to the local database. From then on the online system can be used

Thanks for your speedy reply. May I ask what documents I need? Thanks in advance for your time.

1. Completed Form TM47

2. Original Passport + Copy of Homepage showing given names / Passport number / Hologram or Photo etc, plus copies of;

- Current Visa

- Last Entry Stamp

3.TM6 Departure Card + Copy (Front and Back)

4. Proof of address, such as copies of landlords ID card, Tabian Baan and rental agreement (signed by landlord)

All copies should be signed.

Once your local Imm office set up a local file on their system using the above supplied details you should be able to do online reports.

Faz , all that for a 90 day report ?

All that for the INITIAL, FIRST EVER 90-day report. As he said, once all that is 'in the system', one can either drop by personally with just the TM47 form and passport OR do it all online.

Edited by NanLaew

All that for the INITIAL, FIRST EVER 90-day report. As he said, once all that is 'in the system', one can either drop by personally with just the TM47 form and passport

Also depends on the immigration office. Chiang Mai requires all listed copies for every 90 day reporting either in person or via mail in.

Item 4, proof of address depends on the immigration office. Not all require it.

Yes, for example, BKK-ChaengWattana doesn't require the proof of address for in-person 90-day reporting.

For the rest of the items on the documents list above, it's easier if you think of it just as providing only a one-page Immigration form and copies of various parts of your passport book.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

I did all my 90 day reports last year online, without problems. I have to do one this week and now it doesn't work. I have changed my address since my last report, but took care to register that change of address at immigration more than 2 months ago. Anyway, it failed on the first page, before I have to enter any address, and on that page I entered exactly the same information as last time. It worked then, but it does not work now. I am right in the middle of the 7-15 day time window. What on earth could be wrong? I thought the problems with this system had been fixed, and it worked for me 4 times last year.

If I really have to go and do it in person, does anyone know if it is still possible to do it at Imperial World on Lad Phrao (the one they say is only for Burmese, Cambodian and Lao workers, but would do a 90 day for anyone a year or more ago)? I can get there in about one hour, but the main office takes me three hours to get there, and even more to come home because it will be rush hour. Plus the long queue inside. Sigh....

• Like 1

I did all my 90 day reports last year online, without problems. I have to do one this week and now it doesn't work. I have changed my address since my last report, but took care to register that change of address at immigration more than 2 months ago. Anyway, it failed on the first page, before I have to enter any address, and on that page I entered exactly the same information as last time. It worked then, but it does not work now. I am right in the middle of the 7-15 day time window. What on earth could be wrong? I thought the problems with this system had been fixed, and it worked for me 4 times last year.

If I really have to go and do it in person, does anyone know if it is still possible to do it at Imperial World on Lad Phrao (the one they say is only for Burmese, Cambodian and Lao workers, but would do a 90 day for anyone a year or more ago)? I can get there in about one hour, but the main office takes me three hours to get there, and even more to come home because it will be rush hour. Plus the long queue inside. Sigh....

Yes you can report at Imperial World Ladprao.

Use an Agent?

Post - use EMS?

Before the website failed I managed to submit my application for the report.

The site then said pending.

Then failed.

Then restored to pending.

I sent my PP with TM47 to Imm via a friend who made the report for me and got the receipt for the PP.

Then I cancelled the online submission.

Why does it have to be this hard?

My Thai wife has a five year Spanish ID which needs no further cost or paperwork until renewal time and then it's only about €10!

No re-entry permits or annual extensions etc.....

Come and go as she wishes - must stay 180 days or more in Spain each year though.

Good Luck

TallGuyJohninBKK , Yes you find that here , different offices require different things , that is why I asked Faz , and then NanLaew started shouting at me.......smile.png

Different rules for different offices is par for the Thai course so does anyone have any info on what tome of paperwork the good people at Jomtien Immigration need to see for a first-time ever, newbie, virgin 90-day reporter?

Also, if I 'lose my virginity' early enough, is there a good chance of then going back to reception, getting a re-entry permit queue number and getting that done all before lunch?

Thanks!

NL

i always go to LAD PHROA, there is window far right, for us lot, went 3 weeks ago, hundreds of immigrants there, but no problem , i go in, number 14, they were on number 9 already, 20 miniutes and i was out of there

All that for the INITIAL, FIRST EVER 90-day report. As he said, once all that is 'in the system', one can either drop by personally with just the TM47 form and passport

Also depends on the immigration office. Chiang Mai requires all listed copies for every 90 day reporting either in person or via mail in.

The listing I gave was a first ever in person report as you stated.

(I omitted the last 90 day report slip because you haven't done one yet).

I'd be very surprised if they didn't ask for proof of address on your very first visit.

Always better to go prepared, rather than be disappointed and have to revisit.

As Tywais also states, different offices, different documents.

That's the beauty of online reporting.......no documents, the same for everyone across the board.

You should ask what's required at your local office for mail in, or in person reports when you introduce yourself first visit.

Amnat requires all the copies I listed, plus the last 90 day report slip, for mail in, or in person visits.

Most of the copies are taken from your passport anyway, so it's not a hardship.

I always carry the same copies on my person should I be stopped by the Police (which is frequent).

I also keep scanned copies of everything on my PC should I lose anything.

Your decision NE1, I'm just trying to give you some sound advice.

My decision to do what ? I only questioned and later stated that there are different rules wherever you go , be it visa , driving license , banks etc.

I wasn't trying to sway opinion.