Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

Firefox and Chrome tell me " your connection is not secured " what to do ? they say it's the immigration's site fault, what to do ?

Ignore it and go onto the site.

Those messages appear because the security was self registered.

There is no risk associated with proceeding.

I have been encountering the same problem, after filling in and clicking the submission button on the first page, a popup message asked me to contact the immigration office and I stayed on the same page even when I re-submit the same page info? What could be the reason to this? am I supposed to follow to the popup message?

The popup says: For further information regarding the 90 days reporting service, please contact the Immigration Branch office in your residence area.

Edited by kfjanet

Just a reminder for entering data on first page:

• time frame observed: two weeks to one week before due date? (as explained on the help site)
  • all capital letters (is done automatically)
  • only fill fields marked with * (even leave given and middle name empty)
  • observe date order: day / month / year (not US format) and/or use calendar widget
  • nationality from drop down (results in English followed by Thai script), for US: AMERICAN/อเมริกัน, UK: BRITISH/บริติช

One of the worst behaviors of this site: all kinds of errors result in this same generic error message without any hint/reason explained.

Very poor.

If you have checked the above, then there is still error potential:

First report after entry?

New passport after last entry?

Entered Thailand "too long ago"?

to be supplemented wink.png

Edited by KhunBENQ

After doing it online successfully three times last year, every attempt to repeat that success last week resulted in the one-size-fits-all error message; contact immigration. Of course, at the same time the window for online reporting opens the one for reporting by mail closes, so my only remaining option was a trip to Big C, Imperial World and that noisy, crowded and chaotic office on the 5th floor. The officer attempting to process my report seemed to have almost as much trouble as I had with the internet version. After several attempts to enter my information on his computer, he wore a puzzled frown, and went in search of help from another official. Eventually he returned and handed me the receipt. I tried to ask him what was the problem, and would it also have have blocked my attempts to report via internet, but the word internet did not seem to be familiar to him. He just said "come here better". I left none the wiser.

• Like 1

Am I alone? When entering the 90 day reporting site I am greeted with a warning that the site is not secure. Is this really a problem as I cannot see that any of the required information could be used for scamming?

Am I alone? When entering the 90 day reporting site I am greeted with a warning that the site is not secure. Is this really a problem as I cannot see that any of the required information could be used for scamming?

Not a problem as has been explained many times.

The "warning" is tripped because immigration did a self certification of their secure site.

After a year of failed attempts at online, I asked in person at the Khon Kaen immigration office today as to why I can't report online.

Answer: "System no good. No can do." No other information offered. So there you have it folks, from the horse's mouth. At least for those of us living outside of The Big Mango.

Yes, I had a similar experience. Although it worked 3 times for me last year, the online reporting system now locks me out on the first page, for no apparent reason.

So I went to the office at Big C Imperial World, Lad Phrao and did it there the old-fashioned way. The clerk there had almost as much trouble to get my report through the computers there as I had encountered in using my computer at home, but with the help of some of his colleagues he eventually solved the problem, whatever it was.

I asked him "why can I not do it on the internet any more?" His response, "Internet...???", with a blank stare. I gave up, and went home. It is what it is.

Edited by roberta

I will know in May (next report).

Four successful reports for Khon Kaen so far.

And a new passport later in the year.

Similar to me....4 successful online reports so far (Kap Choeng)....next one due early April and also new passport later this year

Last year when I did my first 90 day report online it worked first time (once I got over the fact that my country is American), left Thailand in May so did not have to do a second one

This year, after returning to the Kingdom in October, (second arrival on O-A (M) ) attempted to do it online in December and it would not accept it so did it in person at Jomtien on 6 Jan 2016

Did it this morning using IE 11 and am awaiting final approval

Unfortunately still don't know if the December submission was rejected because of a computer glitch or because leaving in May cancelled my "account" and only in person reporting in January restored me to the database !

Used the full link provided by KhunBENQ at post # 1980, Thank You

Little topic hijack here, sorry in advance,

What's the situation if I'm a day late on my 90 day report when leaving the country: my visa expires next week anyway, want to leave LOS, if I just cross border a day after 90 day report was due, is there a problem?

I'm exiting before my visa expires, it's more convenient for me to leave rather than do a 90 day report and then leave in a mad hurry

Will there be a problem at the border?

Edited by lemonjelly

Little topic hijack here, sorry in advance,

What's the situation if I'm a day late on my 90 day report when leaving the country: my visa expires next week anyway, want to leave LOS, if I just cross border a day after 90 day report was due, is there a problem?

I'm exiting before my visa expires, it's more convenient for me to leave rather than do a 90 day report and then leave in a mad hurry

Will there be a problem at the border?

Immigration does not check for 90 day reports on departure from the country. No problem to leave with a report due.

If you are going to return you might be fined for not doing the report if they notice you did not do one the next time you report.

• Like 1

It's worked smoothly for me so far, did my first one last year, did another report on Wednesday late afternoon, having entered overland in January, printed off the approval yesterday.

Overall, would people say it's working well or a bit of a headache?

It is a total shambles and just does not work.

Different strokes for different folks

Submitted mine today a 9:45 AM, received approval email at 4:45 PM, and went back into the web site printed out the approval and slip for my passport at 4:46PM

Overall, would people say it's working well or a bit of a headache?

It is a total shambles and just does not work.

I can understand your frustration, but there seems to be more and more people having success

Edited by mxyzptlk
  • Like 1

Tried about ten times,It just does not work.

It gives a security warning in Explorer and Firefox, if you proceed and fill out the information all you get is this:

attachicon.gifImmigration.jpg

Could be all kind of problems.

Go through the checklist:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/812263-online-90-day-reporting-available-from-april-1st/page-80#entry10531528

Tried about ten times,It just does not work.

It gives a security warning in Explorer and Firefox, if you proceed and fill out the information all you get is this:

attachicon.gifImmigration.jpg

Could be all kind of problems.

Go through the checklist:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/812263-online-90-day-reporting-available-from-april-1st/page-80#entry10531528

I am about as legit as it goes, it simply su**s

Last year I did it successfully, passport is old, no address change etc, I am not past due

It has always been annoyingly and frustratingly difficult to use, but last year I was able to get it to work 3 times. This year, not at all.

I have to wonder, what on earth is the point of these reports anyway? They are completely unverified. If I wanted to hide, for some reason, I could just make up any address I like and they would presumably accept it regardless, as they do with my real address. If someone does actually change address, then an entirely different report must be filed. I suppose it is just a psychological thing, to make sure we farang realize that we are 2nd class people, and must line up periodically to be counted like sheep just to remind us of our inferior status.

• Like 2

It has always been annoyingly and frustratingly difficult to use, but last year I was able to get it to work 3 times. This year, not at all.

I have to wonder, what on earth is the point of these reports anyway? They are completely unverified. If I wanted to hide, for some reason, I could just make up any address I like and they would presumably accept it regardless, as they do with my real address. If someone does actually change address, then an entirely different report must be filed. I suppose it is just a psychological thing, to make sure we farang realize that we are 2nd class people, and must line up periodically to be counted like sheep just to remind us of our inferior status.

Agreed, exactly the same pointless process as getting a "residence certificate". You can get them from immigration with no proof of address, you can even get them from the British Embassy with no proof, just sign the form!

• Like 1

Agreed, exactly the same pointless process as getting a "residence certificate". You can get them from immigration with no proof of address, you can even get them from the British Embassy with no proof, just sign the form!

Really !

This what the British Embassy say (seems to differ from your assertion )

"Affirmation of residency

This service is provided for British nationals required to make an affirmation of residency. The affirmation template will be available at your appointment for you to complete.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/notarial-and-documentary-services-guide-for-thailand

To complete and affirmation of residency you will need to bring with you:

Proof of your identity. We accept passports or national identity cards

Proofs of address

We accept driver’s licence, utility bills or postal mail showing your name and local address or house registration."

Really !

This service is provided for British nationals required to make an affirmation of residency. The affirmation template will be available at your appointment for you to complete.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/notarial-and-documentary-services-guide-for-thailand

Proofs of address

We accept driver’s licence, utility bills or postal mail showing your name and local address or house registration."

When I went last year I had only been in Thailand for a couple of months, I needed the cert to get my driving license. I had no driving license, no utility bills (none in my name), no postal mail and even if I did take the house registration, I can't recall, I'm not in it, it could have been anyone's.

Really !

Proofs of address

When I went last year I had only been in Thailand for a couple of months, I needed the cert to get my driving license. I had no driving license, no utility bills (none in my name), no postal mail and even if I did take the house registration, I can't recall, I'm not in it, it could have been anyone's.

Of course we believe what you say but the BE does not usually or willingly break its own rules and regulations or alter its requirements for a particular service.