Online 90 day reporting available from April 1st

Appears to be broken today! Successful last couple of times but when entering the same info as last time get the "Report to ....." message when submitting the first page. No change in my details and not left the country since my last report.

Me too. I just get the "report to" page after submitting page 1.

I tried yesterday & got the dreaded box. Just tried now (Win 7, Chrome, IE Tab) & the site appears to be down. Some of the page loads but not the text inside the 'agreement box'.

It's my first report so I wasn't expecting too much but it's the worst time of year to do a report in person. I gather all offices are closed next week & I really don't want to venture out on the motorbike the week after; no doubt there'll still be some idiots out there trying to kill me with water...

Appears to be broken today! Successful last couple of times but when entering the same info as last time get the "Report to ....." message when submitting the first page. No change in my details and not left the country since my last report.

No..not broken

Works every time. Been using it for a year.

Only problem is that I had to use the dreaded IE explorer (which I hate).

Just careful to click on the acceptance, and drop down boxes. Dates in order.

If you make a typo, then start over. Takes only 5 minutes.

I tried yesterday & got the dreaded box. Just tried now (Win 7, Chrome, IE Tab) & the site appears to be down. Some of the page loads but not the text inside the 'agreement box'.

It's my first report so I wasn't expecting too much but it's the worst time of year to do a report in person. I gather all offices are closed next week & I really don't want to venture out on the motorbike the week after; no doubt there'll still be some idiots out there trying to kill me with water...

Try using this link that bypasses the agreement page, https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do?cmd=acceptTerm

I suggest you bookmark the links to reporting in IE tab. That will create a IE tab bookmark folder which makes it easy to open them.

• Like 1

If it works for you, it works, and appears to be in good order. If it doesn't work for you, it appears broken. If the site was really "broken", then it would probably not load at all, or have an obvious malfunction. It is impossible to know how many people try to use it and fail, but my guess is that this is the majority. It works for a privileged minority (and I was last year among that number), but some small error or inconsistency in the database, totally opaque to us, and no fault of ours, makes it unusable for most of us.

I propose a backup system; download and print the form, fill it out in the normal way, sign it, scan it and email the scan to immigration, along with a scan of the relevant pages of the passport. Identical documents as for reporting in person, but without the tedious journey and the long queue. Of course it will never happen, but one can dream...

• Like 1

If it works for you, it works, and appears to be in good order. If it doesn't work for you, it appears broken. If the site was really "broken", then it would probably not load at all, or have an obvious malfunction. It is impossible to know how many people try to use it and fail, but my guess is that this is the majority. It works for a privileged minority (and I was last year among that number), but some small error or inconsistency in the database, totally opaque to us, and no fault of ours, makes it unusable for most of us.

I propose a backup system; download and print the form, fill it out in the normal way, sign it, scan it and email the scan to immigration, along with a scan of the relevant pages of the passport. Identical documents as for reporting in person, but without the tedious journey and the long queue. Of course it will never happen, but one can dream...

I have never been able to get past the first page because of my very old entry compounded by getting a new passport since then. Was told by immigration to do a border hop if I wanted to do online reporting.

You do have the option of doing reports by mail.

My wife had been doing most of my reports but when they moved the local office 30 km further away from the house I started doing them by mail and have now done 2 of them that way.

Yes, it can be done by mail, but one such as I, who still entertains the forlorn hope that the online system will start working again soon, is already barred from the postal method by having waited until two weeks before expiration of the current 90-day period before attempting to do it by internet. At that time, two weeks before expiry of the previous 90 days, the time window for postal notification has already closed. To summarize, the postal method is only available UNTIL two weeks before expiry, and the online method only AFTER that same date. By the time you find out that the online system will not work for you, it is already too late to avoid reporting in person.

• Like 1

Yes, it can be done by mail, but one such as I, who still entertains the forlorn hope that the online system will start working again soon, is already barred from the postal method by having waited until two weeks before expiration of the current 90-day period before attempting to do it by internet. At that time, two weeks before expiry of the previous 90 days, the time window for postal notification has already closed. To summarize, the postal method is only available UNTIL two weeks before expiry, and the online method only AFTER that same date. By the time you find out that the online system will not work for you, it is already too late to avoid reporting in person.

The written rules for doing reports by mail state you can mail your report up to 15 days early or later if it arrives at immigration 7 days before the report date. I understand a few offices say you have to mail it on or before the 15 days but that is not correct.

My office is flexible on the mail in reporting. If it gets there by the report date they will still process it. They received my last report 7 days before the report date but did not do it until the report date so that I didn't loose any days.

I tried to do my reporting online, to Samui Immigration back in January of this year and by D-day my application was still pending. I telephoned Samui and asked then if I could post them a printed copy of the TM47 to which they agreed. About a week after posting the application I received a receipt.

That may be true and generally accepted - but it is not what immigration officially says on there national web site.

Notice :
- Your registered mail must be sent to the Immigration office at least 15 days before the due date of notification.

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days

This notice was posted on the immigration website some time ago and it only states the mailed in report must arrive 7 days before the report date. 90day_notification.pdf

Immigration as usual has not updated their website in a long time. I think the 15 days before number is to insure there is enough time for it to get there by the 7 days before date if sending by registered mail.

No..not broken

Works every time. Been using it for a year.

Only problem is that I had to use the dreaded IE explorer (which I hate).

Just careful to click on the acceptance, and drop down boxes. Dates in order.

If you make a typo, then start over. Takes only 5 minutes.

Why I wonder do you feel it necessary to make such a statement. On the day in question [Friday] it was 'broken'; be that a malfunction or server overload I am not the only one who uses it regularly, and so know the ropes, but couldn't submit on that day. One day it might be perfectly stable and work for everyone but not quite there yet. The day after {Saturday] it worked fine with exactly the same info and sequence. Not approved yet as it's the weekend: I would have thought that maybe with Songkran holiday round the corner they might work over the weekend to prevent a backlog --- but that was in a moment of silly thinking.

biggrin.png

• Like 1

Used online reporting for long time, without problem. Had brief trip to UK returning 10th April. My 90 day report due 24/04/2016. Tried to do online today, advised to contact local immigration. Is it because my new arrival card number doesn't match previous ones?

Used online reporting for long time, without problem. Had brief trip to UK returning 10th April. My 90 day report due 24/04/2016. Tried to do online today, advised to contact local immigration. Is it because my new arrival card number doesn't match previous ones?

If you re-entered the country on April 10th your 90 day report resets to day 1 on that date and a report is not due on April 24th. It will be due on July 8th.

Edited by elviajero

If you entered the country on 10 April 2016 you are not due to make a 90 day report until July 8

• Like 1

A new entry to the country restarts the 90 day counter at day 1.

24. April is void.

Your next due date is 8 July 2016.

Online report can be done in the time-frame from 24 June to 1 July incl.

Reporting in person can be done from 24 June to July 14 incl.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Does anyone know if Jomptien web site is down, I have tried a few times now to online report and just get a message saying "contact immigration office" My wife rang yesterday and yes they said, its down, but I would have thought if this was the case other TV members would have mentioned it on here?

Vogie #2066

Tried yesterday, got same result. I have tried many times previously over the period since this came o/l, but have always had same msg as yrs above. Asnother new to report, did not bother sending into here.

CG

Vogie #2066

Tried yesterday, got same result. I have tried many times previously over the period since this came o/l, but have always had same msg as yrs above. Asnother new to report, did not bother sending into here.

CG

Its the first time I've had any problems with the site, normally works like clockwork. Will keep trying till I meet the deadline and have to reluctantly make the pilgramage to Jomptien. Thanks for the reply.

Can someone who is in the know tell me is the 90 day report online one central office were all reports are done or is it somehow regional. I presumed it was central then said 90 day approvals were just tapped into computer????. Reason I ask is all the post like is KK down is BKK down ect ect

Can someone who is in the know tell me is the 90 day report online one central office were all reports are done or is it somehow regional. I presumed it was central then said 90 day approvals were just tapped into computer????. Reason I ask is all the post like is KK down is BKK down ect ect

When you apply for the report online it is sent to your local immigration office for approval.

When you apply for the report online it is sent to your local immigration office for approval.

thank you so not getting past first page as many say is nothing to do with local office.

• Like 1

Good timing for that post - thanks.

I am under the Chiang Mai office. My 90-day is due April 23rd. I submitted online on the 9th [14 day prior and so in the window] i copied exactly my previous online [approved] submission in January; checked and double checked. It was rejected! Just to be sure I tried again on the 11th but it was rejected again. I haven't been out of the country and so don't see how my info on the Immig server could have changed. Just one thought comes to mind and you answered that with your post. My January print-out has Chiang Mai contact info [tel 053 & [email protected]] across the top of the page whereas my April rejections have Sub-Division 3 with Bangkok info [tel 02 & email [email protected] Would appreciate your opinion before contacting them.