Cacti

I am just dipping my toe into the cacti water and I've had varied yet enthralling results.

I am trying to grow some Lophophora williamsii and I am wondering if anyone has any tips inre: growing cacti in the Thai climate .. I am kinda a plant newbie so to say

Generally,I find, cacti grow well in this climate (mine do in Korat). I do, however, cover them partially in the rainy season... no particular reason, but I think it would be too much water for them. Re: Lophophora williamsii I'm pretty sure I've seen them growing here - just can't remember where.

Edited by djayz

I grow cacti on my land and they thrive in any weather. I have very sandy soil and they grow very fast. If your around Chiang mai I'll give you some. Doing a lot of transplanting of the larger ones. I just break them off and stick'em in the ground. Very easy to grow.

• Like 2

I grow cacti on my land and they thrive in any weather. I have very sandy soil and they grow very fast. If your around Chiang mai I'll give you some. Doing a lot of transplanting of the larger ones. I just break them off and stick'em in the ground. Very easy to grow.

You have Lophophora? Wow. Please google it and let us know.

• 4 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I see someone found the buttons. On another path, the Wife's cousin has

this this one growing in her yard. First 2 pic's.

I took cuttings and planted in 6" pots, a year and 3 months later, with 7 months

off for sick time I'am going to transplant these in the yard, Pic 3, had to chop

the weeds down to take the pic this evening.

rice555

P P #1.png

P P #2.png

P P  CUTTINGS.png