Abbot pleads for help over some 100 stray cats, dogs

Lite Beer

Abbot pleads for help over some 100 stray cats, dogs

TRANG: -- The abbot of Wat Phra Buddha Sihing in Trang's Nayong district Sunday urged local people stop abandoning dogs and cats at the temple now that the temple has to take care of more than 100 dogs and cats dumped by their owners.

The abbot also pled for urgent help from government agencies to vaccinate the animals. He said the temple has to shoulder about Bt30,000 worth of feeds for the dogs and cats.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Abbot-pleads-for-help-over-some-100-stray-cats-dog-30256984.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-03-29

Dear Abbot, try a few of these:

post-155312-0-96584800-1427624304_thumb.

It is a booth with a solar operated mechanism that operates by the insertion of cans,

pet and plastic bottles to be recycled and in return provides food and water in its

basins for strays.

We did ask the distributors, cat and dog can be subsidized with Som Tam too.

The only time I have been scared by dogs was when I took a shortcut through the Nai Harn temple grounds while on my scooter. About 30 or 40 surrounded and chased me I gassed it and nearly crashed when I rode through a sand patch.

As much as I love dogs I say put the bloody mongrels down they are a nuisance.

I wonder how long it will take before people start hitting those vending machines feeding the homeless cats and dogs?

Isn't this silly? Who comes first? people or animals. Better Ideas start a trade with Vietnam, catch the critters and sell them

off to those who still find dog meat and exotic food source . Hell, I remember their was a Mexican Restaurant on Sukeumvit Road back in the 1970's Had a midget and a tall guy with Mexican clothes on with sombrero hat. They had taco, burritos, and enchiladas with ground dog meat. I ate there several times near Soi 12 And it tasted good!

I wonder how long it will take before people start hitting those vending machines feeding the homeless cats and dogs?

Isn't this silly? Who comes first? people or animals. Better Ideas start a trade with Vietnam, catch the critters and sell them

off to those who still find dog meat and exotic food source . Hell, I remember their was a Mexican Restaurant on Sukeumvit Road back in the 1970's Had a midget and a tall guy with Mexican clothes on with sombrero hat. They had taco, burritos, and enchiladas with ground dog meat. I ate there several times near Soi 12 And it tasted good!

"Who comes first? people or animals"

Animals! They are generally more useful than people and less destructive

Better be careful , may be in your next life you'll be a stray dog yourself ... ?

I left a temple in Khok Samrong, Lopburi, in November 2013. When I left, there were over 40 dogs and probably at least 40 cats there. It was costing me around 4000 baht a month to feed them. I was the only one putting out money, anything else they got to eat was scraps. With all the dogs and cats running around Thailand, the govt. should have a free spaying and neutering plan for them. coffee1.gif

them vending machines look like a good idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkHFW3jCH20

I think the idea is great. And they could catch strays around them to be spayed and neutered and at the same time, reduce the stray population and do something for the environment. They could sell the plastic bottles to buy the dog food so no costs after purchase. Only someone to take care of the machine who is solar powered.
Metal models does not require any installation, it is ready to plant and use. Only base fixing is required if you need it and they send a the kit for that. They work with a solar panel that generates 12 volt electricity and feeds it into a battery that can operate the machine for 17 thousand times.
The unit costs around 10'000 USD but the cost could easily be recovered by selling advertising space on those boots.
Well, I'ts obviously not a Thai invention so doubt it they will ever be accepted here.

Should anyone be interested in having such a boot in his garden or temple, just PM me wink.png

Strays should be put down (humanely) if no proper home can be found for them. At minimum a sterilisation program should be undertaken.

Can you explain why?

I know in the south of some stray dogs which are living in the forest, already for some generations. They are wild animals but still friendly to people.

Strays should be put down (humanely) if no proper home can be found for them. At minimum a sterilisation program should be undertaken.

Can you explain why?

I know in the south of some stray dogs which are living in the forest, already for some generations. They are wild animals but still friendly to people.

Great idea , just let stray dogs go feral in forested & native land areas , to breed and multiply, hunt in packs killing native animals and livestock alike and posing a significant threat to people specifically children. I vote for you as environment minister !!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

When our dog was about 5 months old I was back in Canada. I reminded my wife almost daily to have her fixed. She waited too long and we soon had 5 new pups.

We were able to give away 2 and I decided to keep 1. My wife talked to the head monk at our local temple and he told her they could easily take care of them because they always get more food every day than they can eat.

I told him I would pay to get them fixed when they were old enough, but he said that it was not necessary because a vet comes regularly and gives them medicine to prevent pregnancy.

This a rural temple and there are not a lot of dogs there but quite a few cats last time I visited. (Our dogs are fixed now).

Archived