How much should I pay for a CNG tank inspection?

bazza40

As a general rule CNG systems should be tested every 6 months . I notice some garages in Pattaya have a sign up saying words to the effect that you should have a certificate every 6 months otherwise they won't fill the tank . I've not been asked for one so far but my car is relatively new and was fitted by the Honda factory and the 6 month service covers a CNG test .

As a general rule CNG systems should be tested every 6 months . I notice some garages in Pattaya have a sign up saying words to the effect that you should have a certificate every 6 months otherwise they won't fill the tank . I've not been asked for one so far but my car is relatively new and was fitted by the Honda factory and the 6 month service covers a CNG test .

A full hydraulic test is only required every five years, what they mean is a visual check to ensure there is no external damage and the valves are working correctly.

Not sure were you see this but you need to get ispection just before your tax sticker expires. They will not give you your new tax sticker unless you have CNG inspection. New Honda is at 3 years then every year after that. We have a 2012 city.

LPG only requires inspection every 10 years because the tank is only rated to 25 psi. CNG tanks are rated to 250 psi, hence more frequent testing.

I had an inspection today for 500 baht, paperwork all supplied. Thought it was fairly meaningless, a half-hearted tug at the straps anchoring the tank. Sniffed around with a tester front and back. Did tell them the tank was empty, but that didn't seem to worry them.

• Like 1

I had not idea about "official" inspection of CNG and LPG tanks; but I bring my system (LPG) for inspection, at the company that installed it, according to the service book, they gave me.

It takes 5 minutes and I agree with 'bazza40', that it's a very superficial check.

At the yearly inspection of my 10+ year old car, they never seem interested in the LPG system.

• 4 years later...
4 hours ago, gamesgplayemail said:

hello,

Can you confirm that NGV test is yearly now ? to get the road sticker ?

And where do you do it around PATTAYA, and how much do you pay ?

Thank you.

It's not yearly. I believe it's every 3 years. No idea about Pattaya but in Chiang Mai the cost is about 1500 Baht. We had to do it this year but not last year. Called around to about 4 or 5 different places and they were all 1500.

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...