Fibre-optic Internet Connection

Rotweiler

I have the basic CAT fibre optic and download speed just tested at nearly 34mbps.

I'll admit it's been occasionally patchy though; one who claims to know about these things suggests that those who wish to restrict what we see online may be fiddling with the system.

Edit: CAT users may not know that a phone call to 1322 with a request to reset your connection can work wonders. (English spoken).

There have been some problems with an undersea cable recently, which could explain the intermittent problems people have been having. I can't recall which cable it was, but repairs are supposed to be underway at the moment. On the whole, my True 10/1 internet is great - reliable and fast enough for what I need it for. The frustrations come when there's a problem and the support staff on the phone are vague at best at explaining the problem and when it will be resolved. In those situations though, I do have tethering from my phone which is sufficient in a pinch and very reasonable in Thailand. 400 baht a month for unlimited internet (i think it's maybe 1.5 gigs of fast download speed and then unlimited at a capped rate, which is still fine for general browsing, emails etc)

Archived