Nightlife in Korat?

Kenny202

The bar in the basement if The Mall

Maybe 10 years ago. There are now other options.

The Check Inn, The Beer Garden and the George and Dragon are in the center of town and are all within 100 meters of each other.

Sorry I don't know the street names but they have an internet/Facebook presence so Google is your friend...

By the by, I saw someone mention there was a fishbowl in Chaiyaphum. Firstly what's a fishbowl and does anyone know where it is :-)

. Isn't that where u select girls from, usually a number system, I believe...
  • Like 1

Where Bar 7, and The Grill , is a good lil Location has a couple of clubs on that Soi, not far from bus station, I usually stay Rich Hotel, btw The Grill used to be Great, I forget Soi name but Big a hospital nearby

The bar in the basement if The Mall

Maybe 10 years ago. There are now other options.

The Check Inn, The Beer Garden and the George and Dragon are in the center of town and are all within 100 meters of each other.

Sorry I don't know the street names but they have an internet/Facebook presence so Google is your friend...

Last time I looked the George and Dragon had been forsaken, totally bereft of customers, they'd all moved to the Check Inn.

However this big city has remarkably few night spots. Got plenty of good quality restaurants tho'.

• Like 1

By the by, I saw someone mention there was a fishbowl in Chaiyaphum. Firstly what's a fishbowl and does anyone know where it is :-)

. Isn't that where u select girls from, usually a number system, I believe...

you draw a number from a fish-bowl,

if you lucky you get the grandma; 5555555555

what you do in Korat ?

catching anim.. in ricefields for bbq ?

Kenny, if you don't know what a fishbowl is, you may not be old enough to go out to the bars at night...

Kenny, do not worry, I am 74 and do not know what or care about a fishbowl, I keep my carp in a pool. Hungry and waiting.

• Like 2

The bars listed above about sums it up, not much in the way of farang night life. I can however suggest a great little restaurant. Close to the night market, from the street looks like a small ice cream shop but there is a garden patio through the back. Search for the place...Called "Tatum"....Best food in Korat!

Bottom floor ratchetphuk (sp) hotel, there are several great places on the road where Doc Mai Cafe is. There are also many more great places around town. Its been a year since ive been there but, Korat has a great night life and its cheap. If you say it doesnt its because you fall into the category I previously mentioned or you are too scared to explore. Korat has some great issan food and cheap beer. Want girlie bars coyote places yes, it has them too. Get in a tuk tuk tell them what you want and they will take you. Yes you can pic up girls at the mall too. Many people go there to start their evening and go out from there.

The bars listed above about sums it up, not much in the way of farang night life. I can however suggest a great little restaurant. Close to the night market, from the street looks like a small ice cream shop but there is a garden patio through the back. Search for the place...Called "Tatum"....Best food in Korat!

I would like to add Chez Andy to that list...ain't cheap but is damn fine grub. Andy used to have a place down here in Samui but moved back to Korat...love the food, and if you want to watch F1 in a different language it's on.

http://www.chezandykorat.com/

I loved my trip to Korat.I was quite surprised how many farang were wandering about.I certainly wouldn't go to Korat to socialize with other farang as it is a Thai Town and so you should think " Thai Style " but otherwise i did notice The Check Inn Bar being quite busy with farang if that sort of thing " floats your boat " ........

F.J wai2.gif x

Hey Bill.

Did you manage to get to Buriram for the World Superbike Races?

Last time I went out in Korat at night was to some bars down near Sima Thani Hotel (Palin Square and along Sueb Siri Road). All were Thai entertainment places - thankfully (I am not a great fan of seeking Farang Bars in Thailand - far more interesting visiting Thai venues).

If you are after Farang Bars - better go to BKK or Pattaya.

Thanks for the photos Spaniel - do you have more?

New to Korat not new to Thailand. Are there any coffee shops to get a decent cup of coffee in town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

. Bottom Floor of The Mall, lots of Farang hang out there... I usually go to Amazon, Cheapest iced Coffee is 60 baht, Starbuks 150, BS. Amazons are usually at Petrol a Stations only Edited by Dannyboy666

Hey Bill.

Did you manage to get to Buriram for the World Superbike Races?

Last time I went out in Korat at night was to some bars down near Sima Thani Hotel (Palin Square and along Sueb Siri Road). All were Thai entertainment places - thankfully (I am not a great fan of seeking Farang Bars in Thailand - far more interesting visiting Thai venues).

If you are after Farang Bars - better go to BKK or Pattaya.

Thanks for the photos Spaniel - do you have more?

I have a few more pics. I'm off to Pattaya for a few days, when we get back I'll post them. Maybe I'll start a new post and post them there.

• Like 2