Police hunt for Russian for selling ‘bongs’

Thaivisa News

Surat Thani:- The Surat Thani police chief Monday instructed police on Koh Pha Ngan to launch a manhunt for a Russian who has posted an online ad to sell ‘bongs’ or water pipes made of bamboo for smoking marijuana.

The man uses a Russian name as КакoвПанганец and he has posted the ad on the Samui Sell and Buy Facebook page. His ad was posted in both Russian and English, offering to sell bong for Bt500 each.

The ad has been widely shared by Facebook users.

Surat Thani police chief Pol Maj Gen Apichart Boonsriroj said he had instructed Koh Pha Ngan police chief Col Prachum Ruangthong to hunt for the Russian.

The Russian posted that he was living on Koh Pha Ngan and the bongs had been made with high-quality bamboos.

Apichart said the advertisement blatantly violated and defied Thai laws and was unacceptable.

The Russian man also posted an album of photos showing a man lying under marijuana trees. The Russian uses a picture of an old man smoking a bong as his profile picture. The cover photo of the album is a teenage farang wearing green shorts and lying on the ground with marijuana trees surrounding him.

The post said there are handmade bamboo bongs on sale and the bongs are made in “Thai style [with] love and soul”. The post claimed the bongs are easy to use and environment friendly.

The post said the bongs with drawings will be added with surcharge and the bongs are available in various sizes.

This is another case of the police not seeing the tree because of the forest. They never go for the big time crimes because they are payed off or also employed by certain people...........but some one posts a silly non dangerous advert then they go into overdrive as if the person is a global criminal! Thai police are one of the worst public servants I have ever had to come across.............arrogant and completely useless!!

Edited by Eddy B
  • Like 1

Crime of the century!!

Dear police force use your energy on catching the guys selling deadly "ice", or are all the masterminds wearing uniforms??

Post of the century!!

Yes, you're right, while the bong seller is being sought not one other crime anywhere in the country is being investigated, not one, anywhere. Unless you look at all the other crime investigation reports all over the media, of course.

• Like 1

On the busiest road, in the highest tourist area of this city, I can buy many models of water pipes from any of dozens of vendors. Not only water pipes, but glass meth pipes too. Turkish hookahs and the shisha to go with it too. All openly displayed.

What gives?

• Like 2

On the busiest road, in the highest tourist area of this city, I can buy many models of water pipes from any of dozens of vendors. Not only water pipes, but glass meth pipes too. Turkish hookahs and the shisha to go with it too. All openly displayed.

What gives?

He's Russian.

• Like 1

Yup...a very dangerous criminal & menace to society this Boris The Bong Maker.

Makes all the other criminals...the murderers, rapists, child molesters, terrorists,

etc...etc...pale in comparison. Don't lollygag about BiB's...get cracking and

apprehend this evil crim asap. The safety & security of LOS depends on you.

Yet on Silom Road, police are walking past stalls selling crack and meth pipes...

Wow......this is a serious statement man......... can you prove it?

Of course it's true...same as my post earlier.

Are you looking to shop and don't know where?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Yet on Silom Road, police are walking past stalls selling crack and meth pipes...

Wow......this is a serious statement man......... can you prove it?

Of course it's true...same as my post earlier.

Are you looking to shop and don't know where?

I always know where to shop but thanks anyway.