Best Burger in Bangkok 2015......

smokie36

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

230 munchies smokes? May I hazard a suggestion and head over to the western food section and the 4,122 page topic associated with said request for some light reading?

Looking for an up to date reply James....anyway aren't you busy in the gym these days? biggrin.png

230 munchies smokes? May I hazard a suggestion and head over to the western food section and the 4,122 page topic associated with said request for some light reading?

Looking for an up to date reply James....anyway aren't you busy in the gym these days? biggrin.png

Lets get one thing straight matey, just because I go to the gym don't mean I don't eat beef. Au Contraire mes amis, I like a good burger now and again..

There are the usual suspects, Bangkok Burger, Pullman G, Carl's, too many to list but so much is down to personal taste.

Where's the beef you might ask? (or not). Wendy took it home with her 16 years ago. Beetroot from downunder - get that <deleted> purple thing off my burger and put it in the salad. Fusion wasabi and topped with faux grass - you can keep it along with your Japanese Pizza you chimp-pansey.

A real burger contains two things in my opinion - good old ground chuck / charles or charlie from North America - preferrably from the north of it, and some quality chedder. the more the bedder.

But tis a can o worms you open once again to which I will leave you with one piece of advice, for those who are about to dine - I salute you....

Lets get one thing straight matey, just because I go to the gym don't mean I don't eat beef. Au Contraire mes amis, I like a good burger now and again..

There are the usual suspects, Bangkok Burger, Pullman G, Carl's, too many to list but so much is down to personal taste.

Where's the beef you might ask? (or not). Wendy took it home with her 16 years ago. Beetroot from downunder - get that <deleted> purple thing off my burger and put it in the salad. Fusion wasabi and topped with faux grass - you can keep it along with your Japanese Pizza you chimp-pansey.

A real burger contains two things in my opinion - good old ground chuck / charles or charlie from North America - preferrably from the north of it, and some quality chedder. the more the bedder.

But tis a can o worms you open once again to which I will leave you with one piece of advice, for those who are about to dine - I salute you....

I also favour cheddar....but I like it somewhat melted on top....onions I don't mind....but not fried preferably.

One thing it seems no one in Bangkok gets right is the bun....and that's an essential part of a great burger.

So....where is the best burger?

I also favour cheddar....but I like it somewhat melted on top....onions I don't mind....but not fried preferably.

One thing it seems no one in Bangkok gets right is the bun....and that's an essential part of a great burger.

So....where is the best burger?

apparently on On Nut according to the previous poster

How about the truck on Soi 38?....is that any good?

Smokes, i truly think you found your calling. Put down them spurs and put on some spurs and venture out in search of the holy grail of burgers.

Please report back in a month with your findings. Do it for all mankind. We thank you in advance for your contribution to humanity. :)

Smokes, i truly think you found your calling. Put down them spurs and put on some spurs and venture out in search of the holy grail of burgers.

Please report back in a month with your findings. Do it for all mankind. We thank you in advance for your contribution to humanity. smile.png

I'm only planning to eat one or two....but thanks for the offer! rolleyes.gif

Some good burgers for decent prices...

Papa's Kitchen - Patanakarn soi 30

101 Restaurant - Sukhumvit soi 101/1

Papa's Kitchen is very good I agree....if anything they tend to put too much of everything on it....making it difficult to get it in my mouth. Expensive drinks.

101 I'll have to check out.

It isn't cheap but the "The Burger" (the original) at the Hard Rock Cafe is very good (and huge, I might add).

If you don't want to spend that much, the burger at No Idea Gastropub on Suk soi 22 is also very good.

Will try the burger at No Idea....if I can ever see past the lamb shank! biggrin.png

My wife made a great burger once. It was perfect.....a couple days later I was hungry and she asked if I wanted another burger.....Hell yes.......after about 20 min I come inside and she is mincing my imported rib-eye......nontheless, Best burger ever.

I havnt had a lot of burgers outside the american branch burger joints in BKK. But a rare done burger at the Argentinian Steakhouse on soi 19 Sukhumvit was the best burger Ive ever eaten. But Im not from a burger country, I havnt sampled that many burgers ouside the branch joints.

The truck on 38 is banged out all night long. Think they open about 6 or 7 o'clock. I know people who travel a long way to eat there. Owned by a Scandinavian of some ilk. There are both Thai and Westeners in the queue. I am led to believe he has made so much money he now has a shop opened far end of Suk 55.

Never tried it myself as I'm not a burger fan.

The truck on 38 is banged out all night long. Think they open about 6 or 7 o'clock. I know people who travel a long way to eat there. Owned by a Scandinavian of some ilk. There are both Thai and Westeners in the queue. I am led to believe he has made so much money he now has a shop opened far end of Suk 55.

I believe that place only sells his burgers...I don't think he owns the place.

Definitively not at the pub in the Ascott hotel, they do not cook the bun, serve on a cold bun. The same at the Roadhouse barbecue on Suriwong road, sorry cold bun, not roast at all to save time I suppose. It is difficult to find a decent burger outside North America.

Definitively not at the pub in the Ascott hotel, they do not cook the bun, serve on a cold bun. The same at the Roadhouse barbecue on Suriwong road, sorry cold bun, not roast at all to save time I suppose. It is difficult to find a decent burger outside North America.

Is it a prerequisite to toast the bun? I always found if you have a high quality bun that didn't fall apart, toasting is not required unless one likes it that way.

Daniel Thaiger on Soi 38, they start at around 5PM and are usually sold out be 830PM, need to get there quick. In that time they sell around 150 burgers and yes they are damn tasty. Truck is right outside my apartment and it is owned by Mark and his Thai wife, he is from LA. I think if you like a good burger with a nice bun, this place is for you however only you can judge...I like them.

Well Pard.... in a pitch.. I gooble down the Japanese burger versions.. Then sometimes, those street kiosk burger guys can surprise the heck out of ya..

Higher end burgers at Hard Rock...naggha.. over priced.

Burger King.. when I am on the muchie...

Higher end priced hamburger, come out the same in the end and completion of metabolism ...

BUT.. shifting the best Burger to the Hawaiian Islands... Oahu... KICK ASS BURGERS.. can you believe 10 Dollars USA but worth it.

And the babes are easy on the eyes..thumbsup.gif

Daniel Thaiger on Soi 38, they start at around 5PM and are usually sold out be 830PM, need to get there quick. In that time they sell around 150 burgers and yes they are damn tasty. Truck is right outside my apartment and it is owned by Mark and his Thai wife, he is from LA. I think if you like a good burger with a nice bun, this place is for you however only you can judge...I like them.

Did I get anything right :(

Archived