3rd waver

I was teaching at a school in the north.I tooked of 1 year and would like to teach again. I used 2 wavers already and my question is can I get a 3rd waver. in case yes can I use the 3rd waver only with the old school or can I use it also with a new school. It is impossible to get any infos from kurusapa. any help would be very nice.thanks in advance

To get a third waiver (provisional teaching permit) you must be at the school at which you were granted the second one and you must show proof of development to meet the requirements such as studying for a M.Ed. or graduate diploma in Education.

• Like 1

The shadows of the teacher's provisional teacher's license wavered continually in the breeze by the sea....

As a German citizen you'll have to have a degree and translated into Thai, then get it certified and you'll also need a Thai culture and ethics

course.

I assume that you "took one year off", right? If you'd been at the school for longer and they like you, your chances might be good to get a third provisional license, or waiver letter.

Just being able to give you the right advice, did you teach English, or another language in the north?

But to be perfectly honest with you, the laws might be the same all over the country, but some provinces take it much easier.

If you could provide more details, you'll get the best possible advice. Cheers- wai2.gif

Edited by lostinisaan

Sorry to jump in on this topic, but if you’re on your first waiver at a school, what are the chances of getting a second at the same school without taking those tests or doing a culture course?

it's reported that applicants got a second provisional teaching permit without having done the culture course.

Sorry to jump in on this topic, but if you’re on your first waiver at a school, what are the chances of getting a second at the same school without taking those tests or doing a culture course?

it's reported that applicants got a second provisional teaching permit without having done the culture course.
Thanks!

Your chances are very good, but if I were you, I'd go to the TCT in person. Being there in the morning, the chances are good to pick it up in the afternoon.

• Like 2

Your chances are very good, but if I were you, I'd go to the TCT in person. Being there in the morning, the chances are good to pick it up in the afternoon.

Thanks for the advice. Crossing my fingers!

Best of luck when you go to them. New is that you need to take a number now and please be aware that you'll have to deal with the gloved <deleted>. .

There's a coffee corner that wasn't there before, but when you're there in time you might make it to one coffee only.

Please do not worry when he for example starts jelling at you: " No teechaa, you no have degree in education" and other utter nonsense.

Just be polite, as they guy doesn't have the manpower to make any decisions ,except from taking your application form.

I went through that in July and couldn't believe the guy's behavioral and obviously mental problems.

He's maybe dealing with too many Filipinos and Africans. This guy should be inside of a high security mental hospital.

The funny part is that there're stickers all over the place. saying: We love teachers."having a screaming little freak" jelling at you.

But we have an old saying in good old Germany. You'll never eat a soup that hot when it was cooked. .

Edited by lostinisaan

Best of luck when you go to them. New is that you need to take a number now and please be aware that you'll have to deal with the gloved <deleted>. .

There's a coffee corner that wasn't there before, but when you're there in time you might make it to one coffee only.

Please do not worry when he for example starts jelling at you: " No teechaa, you no have degree in education" and other utter nonsense.

Just be polite, as they guy doesn't have the manpower to make any decisions ,except from taking your application form.

I went through that in July and couldn't believe the guy's behavioral and obviously mental problems.

He's maybe dealing with too many Filipinos and Africans. This guy should be inside of a high security mental hospital.

The funny part is that there're stickers all over the place. saying: We love teachers."having a screaming little freak" jelling at you.

But we have an old saying in good old Germany. You'll never eat a soup that hot when it was cooked. .

My lord. When I went there a couple weeks ago, I just smiled and stood there while an official from school talked to a nice woman. The official later collected my documents and went back to the TCT on my behalf. I was told I didn’t need to be there. I hope it works out. How long does it usually take to process?

Just wanted to let everyone know I got my second waiver no problems. The dude with the gloves just said to study more and gave me some paper with an educational institution on it.

Next time you go, take a piece of paper that explains comparisons for a Thai Bachelors degree and that of the UK or America. This 'degree' in education that the 'gloved one' is asking you to pursue was achieved when most of us got our 'o' levels and very definitely achieved when we did our 'A' levels. The main difference is that we didn't buy ours. Can he say the same?

I have the link somewhere and I would love to present it to this Micky Jackson wannabe.

For the last time...................... we are not teachers. Our test results do not affect the students final score. We are not permanent staff nor will we ever be. We do not teach the curriculum if there is such a thing. We encourage the kids to speak..........that's it. blink.png

• Like 1

I don’t remember, my colleague has the paper. I’ll have to ask her.

Even better, please scan the document and post in on here.

I’ll do my best. Can’t guarantee my friend hasn’t thrown it in the bin already as she thought it was funny.
  • Like 1