90 day reporting now available at all 7-Eleven outlets in Thailand

From the moderator team : many thanks for some fine posts that went along with the story on this day and apologies to those posters for whom we deleted posts that would have spoiled the joke too early.

petercool

haha ... it was a good one pete...thumbsup.gif

Went to do my 90 days at our immigration office today and it was closed. Notice outside said " due to lack of staff who have bought 7/ 11 shops we cannot open till further notice!" Went to 7/11 and all went smoothly after paying 500 baht to jump the queue. Apparently there is a special offer on you can do one years worth of 90 days for half price! Also sign up saying all types of visas available from next month.

• Like 1

Yes you can do many things @7/11.

90 day report i do not think so. You go to immigration for your annual renewal, and they say you never report.

I do it @7/11 where is your receipt, sorry they not give receipt. You have to pay now .

Not a good idea for farangs , to many things to go wrong. You are reliant on a cashier who is not interested in doing things to help you

Assuming there is some truth to the post and it is not an April fools day joke...ha ha...ha ...( I will get you my Dearie..... and your little dog too )

That scenario is near Guaranteed to happen to all too many people.

Probably best to wait until they announce that you can and or will be given some sort of receipt ( for the record ) that you performed your 90 day reporting at any of the 7/11 stores.

What is more than likely to happen is when you go into the 7 /11 and ask about the service I surmise that most of them will be clueless about what it is the large, sweaty, overly hairy and impatient foreigner is talking about while waving his passport in front of the timid little 7 /11 girl while she says in Thai: My Rue Rueng ( I don't know what he is talking about ) while the frustrated foreigner is waving his passport at her and in her face and showing her the 90 day reporting card and shouting: Passport, Passport ...90 day reporting....do here, do here....7 /11 can do here.....Thai Visa .com say so...can do here now.

Maybe...maybe not

Cheers

Edited by gemguy

“We know that many foreigners like to buy their cheap beer and bread and also collect the stamps from 7-Eleven, so it was our idea that they can also do their 90 day reporting when they visit their favourite store”.

And of course it was a Somchai that said it.

Enough with the coupon jokes. How do I get my hands on those TM47 forms we will need? I will bet they will become hard to find.

Thai Immigration online, save to pc, open with Adobe, fill it out, print, sign, change the date in the saved form to 90 day later. Come next one, just open and print, then sign. good to go