Jump to content
BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
Maizefarmer

Boreholes

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Liverpudlian said:

The pump in this pic will unfortunately burn itself out in no time at all.

He is quit right about the Pump.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Liverpudlian said:

The pump in this pic will unfortunately burn itself out in no time at all.

 

1 hour ago, HAKAPALITA said:

He is quit right about the Pump

The application I used is for info. His water table is only 3 meters and for the use the set up is ok. Slagging it off is typical of this forum. 😥The link I provied will give you a proper company involved. The cost for a deep bore pump and set up is 50K plus. The biggest problem with a solar set up is it growing feet.🤔 IMHO your better off paying the 1600 baht a month power bill.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, khwaibah said:

 

The application I used is for info. His water table is only 3 meters and for the use the set up is ok. Slagging it off is typical of this forum. 😥The link I provied will give you a proper company involved. The cost for a deep bore pump and set up is 50K plus. The biggest problem with a solar set up is it growing feet.🤔 IMHO your better off paying the 1600 baht a month power bill.

 No slagging at all.Your clearly an enthusiastic armature.Those Pumps dont like back pressure and eventually will jam at TDC. Often burning the motor windings or belts on restart.As you will find out later.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks khwaibah for the information and link. I’ll check it out.

Unfortunately options for all types of equipment available in Thailand often include a lot of cheap and cheerful rubbish. I’m always amazed how FIL manages to repair the stuff.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 No slagging at all.Your clearly an enthusiastic armature.Those Pumps dont like back pressure and eventually will jam at TDC. Often burning the motor windings or belts on restart.As you will find out later.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Cheers, I’ll keep that in mind. I know that FIL will never buy the cheapest option. We bought a pump last year and he was quite fussy about getting the right one, Village experience I suppose.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We rented a house a few years ago and the only water supply was from one these pumps, pumping water up from 20 meters, been they a few years and we used it for 2-3 years before we connected to the new local mains, the pump was never a problem , same with the motor ,during the dry season it worked hard water table dropped, had to pump a long time to get any water out, fitting a non-return valve stopped the problem of having to prim the pump often, nothing to burn out, had to replace the springs and valve once, that was due to high calcium deposits in the water, that only cost a few baht ,can not even remember replacing the belt 

The only problem I can see is will it provide enough water pressure for all those sprinklers.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kickstart said:

We rented a house a few years ago and the only water supply was from one these pumps, pumping water up from 20 meters, been they a few years and we used it for 2-3 years before we connected to the new local mains, the pump was never a problem , same with the motor ,during the dry season it worked hard water table dropped, had to pump a long time to get any water out, fitting a non-return valve stopped the problem of having to prim the pump often, nothing to burn out, had to replace the springs and valve once, that was due to high calcium deposits in the water, that only cost a few baht ,can not even remember replacing the belt 

The only problem I can see is will it provide enough water pressure for all those sprinklers.  

It does. After about 2 hours they had to turn the pump off as water was flooding over to another area.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone tried do make a DIY borehole?

Specially in clayground and around 2-4 meter deep?

 

When I was young my dad used to make 'one' with a copper pipe, connected to water source and have the water stream dig. He could get the pipe 4 meters deep. And used it for electric earth connection. (for the electric fence)

 

Can some technic be used too? I have the idea ; With a PVC pipe, 2" - 3" , the way my dad did with the copper conduit, and halfway pulling it out and put another , perforated, pvc pipe on it, put it back and with the same technic let it submerse to 4 meters and et voilla, a small well with 2" diameter, put in a wide garden hose and pump water out.

Thinking about getting volume not exeeding 1m2 each day

 

I am not far above sealevel, and the water level is 1.5 meter deep in the wet season. (unfortunately, because I have the dream of having a cellar for food storage.)

 

Rgds,

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, khwaibah said:

 

Thais have been doing this from day 1. FL hand dug a 4 meter deep well and lined with 76cm concrete rings. Water table is at 3 meters and stays constant. This well is 13 years old and still in use. 

Isn't that a dighole? 🤪

 

That's what was done too at dads home, for the well.. Rainwater was led into that. A circle 1.5 meter in dia meter 3 meter deep, then a cube with a iron lid on top.

It was built together with the house, so the hole was dug anyway.

For existing, near home, situation wouldn't do that. Need more equipment, against collapsion and with the rain season coming, I wouldn't dig that deep with a spade and ladder myself 🙂

 

Rgds,

 

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, khwaibah said:

 

Thais have been doing this from day 1. FL hand dug a 4 meter deep well and lined with 76cm concrete rings. Water table is at 3 meters and stays constant. This well is 13 years old and still in use. 

Not a bad idea perhaps is  stapple each ring fix and heal, and then stir the ground under it to a slurry, and let the gravity sink the concrete.

The same thing was done with underground stations in Amsterdam. Built half on top, and let them sink.

 

Rgds,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...