Macro Photography

Goompa

I hope this satisfies a macro image though not done with a macro specific lens. I posted one of this bug in the Nature forum but quality was poor due to using a mobile phone. Decided to go out with my Panasonic GH2 and 14-140mm (28-280mm 35mm equivalent) lens and get a better view.

1/320s, f/5.8, ISO 250, 280mm, spot exposure/focus .

17130642858_b550380dac_b.jpg

//edit - someone sent me the name of it - Kapok Bug (Probergrothius nigricornis)

Macro Photography cliché 101

When we acquire our first macro lens we get excited about this " New World " and start to find everything fascinating , then we need a tripod !

7 Baht will get you noodles at a 7-11 store , or get you a nice image smile.png

2Q7A0036.jpg

This image was taken with a reverse adaptor , a few $ available on the web , but you have to shoot in manual mode only ,

a tripod is essential for a good shot.

Canon 18-55mm reverse lens adaptor 1/125 ss F8

Good explanations here

http://digital-photography-school.com/reverse-mounting-your-prime-lenses-for-affordable-macro-photography/

Wasn't sure here or Still Life. True 1:1 Macro is more difficult with a m4/3 system due to the sensor size of 17.3mm wide which means the subject also has to be 17.3mm wide to be called a true 1:1 macro. This is about 1:1.6 magnification factor so close enough. smile.png Used my phone LED light to light it and cast a shadow to give more relief to the item. Photo taken with Olympus EM-1, 12-40mm (24-80mm 35 equiv) f/2.8 and on tripod.

16824021454_550136e418_c.jpg

• 4 months later...

Cheers for dusting this one off Goomps!

Don't have a real macro lens,but tried today with my 1.8,50mm with some Kenko extension rings.

Seemed to work okay,only getting the right focal difference was a wee bit awkward.Ending up just

moving back and forwards until I found the right range.The shots are still in my camera,will have

a look through them soon to see if there were any keepers.

Wonderful shot there kestrel.

Bit embarrassed to post mine now.........

Suppose we all start somewhere though,and I am a man of my word.

Had a bit of a trial run at home,trying out the two extensions (10mm & 16mm) separately and combined.

Ended up just using the 50mm coupled with the 16mm ring.After viewing the days shots in my cameras monitor

I thought that I had a few keepers,I was sadly mistaken by the time I uploaded them onto my computer tonight.

Here's one that is maybe passable,first shot is about a 30% crop of the original and the second is a full crop.

21973820775_e6de88f9d8_b.jpg

21785968748_7b63f21644_b.jpg

Don't think this can be classed as macro,more a case of a shaky close up biggrin.png

• 1 year later...

Archived