Norwegian kills friend then shoots himself in the face during darts game

his first dart hit a treble twenty, second dart done the same,the third hit the wire and went up in the air and embedded itself right in the sisters head, as she collapsed on the floor sombody shouted out, one nun dead and eighty...

He was bad at maths also ?

2 treble 20's is 120 ........................................

You'll get a different total if you think carefully while reading. Of course I do admit, it is harder. But if you want the correct result (and therefore understand the joke)...
, one of the lads tried to resuscitate her, but I told him, you can kiss a nun once, you can kiss a nun twice, but don't get into the habit...

uaJbR6F.jpg

According to Thairath (03/04/15), who interviewed the restaurant manager who witnessed the shooting, Lars and Stine were close friends. Stine had lent Lars 2,000,000 Baht which had yet to be paid back.

On the evening of the shooting, the two men had been eating and drinking at the restaurant and were playing darts for money. Lars had won a few games amounting to only a few hundred Baht but then started to continuously ask Stine to pay him his winnings, despite the fact he actually owed Stine a far greater sum.

A loud argument ensued which eventually led to Stine furiously storming out the bar to his motorcycle which was parked outside and retrieving a gun stored under the seat.

He walked back into the restaurant and shot Lars 3 times before walking out, sitting down outside the restaurant and shooting himself once in the head.

I think you got the name wrong, Stine is a common female name in Norway, the rest of the story seems to be correct.

I think you got the name wrong, Stine is a common female name in Norway, the rest of the story seems to be correct.

You are certainly right : his real name seems to be " Stein Somchai Husøy" ( I don't know why there is " Somchay " in his name, it's more Thai than Norwegian

may be he is the same guy than here ( I don't understand Norwegian language ) : http://www.proff.no/rolle/stein-somchai-hus%C3%B8y/oslo/1137986/

When i saw Cha-Am (Hua Hin) area mentioned that explains everything. Just another foreign tourist trap with drunks/alcoholics . Curious how many foreign drunks are walking around with guns. Should all be deported.

I am not sure this part of Thailand has the worst farangs and problems : it's not Pattay or Phukhet

Back in the early 80's I knew a guy who took a 12 gauge to his face after killing his wife.

That doesn't always work. A friend of mine put a .22 in his mouth and pulled the trigger after a fight with his wife. The bullet lodged into his jawbone. Ouch!

Have not heard about that story in a while, one of my all time favorites. Made all

the more funny by the fact that his excuse about " accidentally" shooting his wife

actually worked ,and he got away scot free with the murder. Says a lot about the

Thai justice system.

Regarding his botched suicide, that is a classic error. Due to the angle of the hand

in relationship to the head, you more or less end up shooting off part of your forehead.

So whatever troubles you had before, now you have to deal with a bit of brain damage

as well. If you really want to kill yourself, just put the barrel in your mouth.....

All he did was to loose half his jaw bone and a bit of chin

No doubt like this one he only wanted to show he was nuts

Good luck in prison here

Reminds me of a horrible photo I saw a while ago. It was titled "Attempted Suicide", some guy had put a 12 gauge under his chin and pulled the trigger but blew his entire face away and survived.

Is it any wonder that many Thais think foreigners are a degenarate lot of nuts? Thailand sure gets the quality tourist.

Look also at the foreigner who threatened to throw his kid off a balcony....the drunken louts who spend their days in the bars and nights on the streets.....the bare chested brigade who parade around like peacocks here because they are nothing in their own countries? Endless stories here on a daily basis of drunken, fighting, insulting foreigners .

Unfortunately we are usually all lumped together with these idiots.

speak for yourself mate.

Why do all you Brits call people mate?? Let me enlighten you....

Dictonary definition;

The sexual partner of a bird or other animal.

Bit touchy are we Alwyn? Too close to the bone for you?

No....this is not me. I know how to behave.

Funny thing here all too often on TA...idiots post rubbish without knowing the person they direct their infintile drivel at.

I'm not sure I believe this. Who on earth walks around with a 9mill in their pockets? I'm talking about visitors, not locals.. The he got so incensed he shot his mate in the stomach a few times and then in the back of the head? Then being the gunman that he is.. he turns the gun on himself and misses? Methinks this will turn out like the Samui shooting at Bar Solo. There wikll be others involved I reckon. If I'm wrong the <deleted>!???

What the heck is your post about? Are you for real?

Did you actually read the OP and maybe even have the cop to Google the story before writing rubbish?

• Like 1

I thought foreigners can't have guns in Thailand?

The person who supplied the gun should face 10 years in prison.

You thought wrong. Get a licence and you can own a gun, any nationality can apply.

So what are the conditions to getting a licence? I wouldn't mind having a piece.

uaJbR6F.jpg

According to Thairath (03/04/15), who interviewed the restaurant manager who witnessed the shooting, Lars and Stine were close friends. Stine had lent Lars 2,000,000 Baht which had yet to be paid back.

On the evening of the shooting, the two men had been eating and drinking at the restaurant and were playing darts for money. Lars had won a few games amounting to only a few hundred Baht but then started to continuously ask Stine to pay him his winnings, despite the fact he actually owed Stine a far greater sum.

A loud argument ensued which eventually led to Stine furiously storming out the bar to his motorcycle which was parked outside and retrieving a gun stored under the seat.

He walked back into the restaurant and shot Lars 3 times before walking out, sitting down outside the restaurant and shooting himself once in the head.

You're most probably right. The 'Stine' spelling was taken from Thairath. Chinese whispers...

Edited by katana

>>Stine had lent Lars 2,000,000 Baht which had yet to be paid back.
On the evening of the shooting, the two men had been eating and drinking at the restaurant and were playing darts for money. Lars had won a few games amounting to only a few hundred Baht but then started to continuously ask Stine to pay him his winnings, despite the fact he actually owed Stine a far greater sum<<

Honestly in that situation, I might have got just a little irritated myself!! (no, I would not have shot him)

whistling.gif When I worked in Saudi Arabia some years ago the Brits there used to have a "darts night" every Tuesday night.

Some had their wives with them there and to play doubles was a popular game with the couples.

In one game a husband and wife were playing partners. He missed a critical shot, and his wife believed it was because he was paying to much attention to another woman and not his shot.

So she was up next to shoot, and instead of the dartboard she pit her first dart into his shoulder.

That didn't do much for their future marriage prospects.

And these were NOT Thais, dear posters, but Norwegians........over a game of darts............

So you don't forget when you start bashing the Thais on other similar incidents.

May the victim Rests in Peace and the killer rots in jail.

So you don't forget when you start bashing the Thais on other similar incidents.

But then there are still two different nationalities involved right?

Ever considered to go home to save your country and clean up the mess of your economy? I will donate for your ticket.

And these were NOT Thais, dear posters, but Norwegians........over a game of darts............

May the victim Rests in Peace and the killer rots in jail.

But then there are still two different nationalities involved right?

Ever considered to go home to save your country and clean up the mess of your economy? I will donate for your ticket.

I thought foreigners can't have guns in Thailand?

The person who supplied the gun should face 10 years in prison.

Actually foreigners can legally own guns but this guy probably didn't have a licensed gun and, if he did, it is most unlikely he had Por 12 license for concealed carry, as they are extremely hard to get.

Foreigners can get a Por 4 license to keep a gun at home for protection of life and property. If you are a permanent resident, your application is treated the same as if you were a Thai citizen but foreigners without PR are subject to greater scrutiny. You need to have a house registration certificate (seasoned at least 6 months) and a letter to prove you are in employment and a bank statement. For foreigners without PR they will scrutinise details like how long you have been in Thailand and whether you intend to stay permanently and whether you have a family to protect (preferably a Thai one!).

Provincial governors can set their own rules stricter than the Interior Ministry's minimum rules and do. In Nonthaburi, even Thais have trouble getting a Por4 and I think most of the governors in tourist provinces like Phuket and Chonburi ban foreigners from legal gun ownership. For those living in Bkk, the Interior Ministry handles the applications itself according to its minimum rules. Bangkok currently imposes no limit on the number of guns residents can own, whereas other provinces may restrict residents to only one, unless they can come up with a good reason to have more.

Back to your point. I agree that whoever sells black market guns should be subject to stiff penalties. In fact 10 years is the max penalty for possession of an unlicensed gun and the penalty for selling one must be more than that. However, the law is laxly enforced, unfortunately. I once found a website in Thai advertising pen guns and all sorts of unlicensed weapons for B5,000 up. I can't find it now, so it may have been taken down. Probably harder to operate since they now require registration of all SIM cards.

I have always resisted buying a gun in Thailand on the grounds of good economy. I simply could not afford the huge quantity of ammunition I would need to shoot at all the bad drivers that daily try to kill me on the roads.

• Like 2

Wow this is why you need to stay out of bars. People get crazy when they drink. Wonder where he got the gun?

Good point, seems a bit odd for middle aged Norwegians to be packing heat.

Maybe with so many Thais blasting people right and left, ( one of the highest

gun homicide rates in the world) , maybe farangs are starting to pack now

to defend themselves. But sure looks like it went wrong here.

Good post. However, I think I need a dictionary on this forum. "packing heat". Perhaps I'm just getting old.!!

Haha the term packing heat is a pretty old expression for America. For a while the

gang bangers were using the term gat for a gun, I have no idea what the latest

term is...

What happened to 'packing a piece' meaning carrying a firearm & 'drawing the heat' meaning attracting the police'?

From my experiences of both staying in Cha-am and meeting Norwegians many of whom holiday there and some of whom retire there, I would say that this is a most unusual and uncharacteristic occurrence and further that there is only one lesson to be learned from this tragic incident and that is; 'a borrower nor a lender be'.

Takes a gun on a night out at a restaurant and game of arrows!!blink.png

If you carry a gun, it tends to go with you no matter where you go.

Why take the <deleted> thing in the 1st place?

Perhaps he felt safer with a gun; people carry guns the world over. There are at least two other problem more important than the fact he had a gun--he killed someone and he will never get that B2M loan paid back. I'll wager one of those two reasons is why he tried to kill himself.

his first dart hit a treble twenty, second dart done the same,the third hit the wire and went up in the air and embedded itself right in the sisters head, as she collapsed on the floor sombody shouted out, one nun dead and eighty...

He was bad at maths also ?

2 treble 20's is 120 ........................................

Yeah, he meant to say one hit 'double top' which is somewhat ironic given the circumstances.

Cha-am I always thought of as a quiet place and didn't realise this sort of thing could happen there.

Might as well stay in Pattaya.

Another on who can't add-up. 60+40 =........100 - Please try leaving Pattaya to clear your head.