Norwegian kills friend then shoots himself in the face during darts game

The two people involved were business partners who had a disagreement about money/business dealings apparently.

Both are well known in Cha Am.

This would seem the most likely, I just cannot see anyone getting excited over a game of darts.

I just can't think of anything more boring.

Rules out Cha Am for retirement!! Running out of places awfully quickly

I'd probably look into Antarctica if that's your criteria. Not because there's no chance of violent death, simply because there are so few human beings down there. Up until 2002, Norfolk Island was looking good then some idiot Kiwi had to go and ruin that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janelle_Patton

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Wow this is why you need to stay out of bars. People get crazy when they drink. Wonder where he got the gun?

Good point, seems a bit odd for middle aged Norwegians to be packing heat.

Maybe with so many Thais blasting people right and left, ( one of the highest

gun homicide rates in the world) , maybe farangs are starting to pack now

to defend themselves. But sure looks like it went wrong here.

What are you on about? I doubt a guy who shoots his friend over a game of darts was packing heat because of the Thais, more like he was a nut job or wannabe gangster who felt the need for guns because he'd watched goodfellas too many times. Some people are always blaming the Thais.

• Like 2

his first dart hit a treble twenty, second dart done the same,the third hit the wire and went up in the air and embedded itself right in the sisters head, as she collapsed on the floor sombody shouted out, one nun dead and eighty...

He was bad at maths also ?

2 treble 20's is 120 ........................................

his first dart hit a treble twenty, second dart done the same,the third hit the wire and went up in the air and embedded itself right in the sisters head, as she collapsed on the floor sombody shouted out, one nun dead and eighty...

He was bad at maths also ?

2 treble 20's is 120 ........................................

I was more surprised at their being a convent in Liverpool..
  • Like 2

Judging from the channel 7 video link in post #36 it appears there was an unpaid debt of 2 million baht and a wager between Mr Stine and Mr Fjeldsbo.

Maybe someone can give a more accurate translation.

Wow this is why you need to stay out of bars. People get crazy when they drink. Wonder where he got the gun?

Good point, seems a bit odd for middle aged Norwegians to be packing heat.

Maybe with so many Thais blasting people right and left, ( one of the highest

gun homicide rates in the world) , maybe farangs are starting to pack now

to defend themselves. But sure looks like it went wrong here.

Good post. However, I think I need a dictionary on this forum. "packing heat". Perhaps I'm just getting old.!!

• Like 1

And these were NOT Thais, dear posters, but Norwegians........over a game of darts............

So you don't forget when you start bashing the Thais on other similar incidents.

May the victim Rests in Peace and the killer rots in jail.

Killer shot himself

Excellent point. So the Norwegian killer, realized he had made an incredible

mistake by shooting his friend, then turns the gun on himself in order to

commit instant justice. A Thai guy would have just done a runner.......

So you see Costas, rationalizing can cut both ways... :-)

I'm not bashing anyone but wanted point out that the last story I read with a Thai man killing his soon to be wife and mother in law, danced merrily away from the scene. Just saying.

The two people involved were business partners who had a disagreement about money/business dealings apparently.

Both are well known in Cha Am.

Both were well known in Cha Am. May the victim Rest in Peace in a Heaven full of darts.-wai2.gif

Edited by lostinisaan

And these were NOT Thais, dear posters, but Norwegians........over a game of darts............

So you don't forget when you start bashing the Thais on other similar incidents.

Killer shot himself

I'm not bashing anyone but wanted point out that the last story I read with a Thai man killing his soon to be wife and mother in law, danced merrily away from the scene. Just saying.

Isn't it normal for older falangs to be packing heat when they go out for dinner here?

Of course all the time- a restaurant has five stars on trip advisor and the fillet mignon turns out to be a bit tough.

There seems to be some very angry people out there- RIP to this guy, not sure what is going on recently?

Killer shot himself

You're "just saying" what? (Jeeze, I hate that phrase.) ... Are you saying that one article you read tells the whole story about all Thai murderers.

• Like 2

Isn't it normal for older falangs to be packing heat when they go out for dinner here?

From the Thai side of things, it wasn't that long ago that someone senior "accidentally" killed his wife while cleaning his gun at the dinner table.

Having said that, I do believe there's a large number of mentally and emotionally unstable people here that shouldn't be allowed near alcohol, let alone guns.

That applies equally to both Thai's and foreigners.

........It is apparently a suicide attempt that failed due to pulling the trigger before raising the gun high enough

to the temple......Now the idiot is going to spend a long time in jail pondering how could he of made such a

mistake.

With a whole in his cheek, I hope they serve him a lot of hot soup!

A lot of people don't reaise the dangers of darts, I was playing in a pub in Liverpool and it was my mates turn to throw,just then one of the sisters of mercy came in collecting for the local convent and stood behind my friend, his first dart hit a treble twenty, second dart done the same,the third hit the wire and went up in the air and embedded itself right in the sisters head, as she collapsed on the floor sombody shouted out, one nun dead and eighty...

This is the last dart match i saw in Liverpool,enjoyed by the lads.

• Like 1