Norwegian kills friend then shoots himself in the face during darts game

I'm disgusted to hear about this , we Norwegians are not cowboys , carrying a gun in Norway is illegal. These guys were business partners and had a dispute. Probably very drunk and after killing his friend he decided to shoot himself, must be a very desperate person. Hopefully he can serve the sentence in Norway after spending a few years in Bangkok hilton, if he survives.

And these were NOT Thais, dear posters, but Norwegians........over a game of darts............

So you don't forget when you start bashing the Thais on other similar incidents.

May the victim Rests in Peace and the killer rots in jail.

Killer shot himself

Excellent point. So the Norwegian killer, realized he had made an incredible

mistake by shooting his friend, then turns the gun on himself in order to

commit instant justice. A Thai guy would have just done a runner.......

So you see Costas, rationalizing can cut both ways... :-)

Maybe not Thai, maybe just gone native!

Is it any wonder that many Thais think foreigners are a degenarate lot of nuts? Thailand sure gets the quality tourist.

Look also at the foreigner who threatened to throw his kid off a balcony....the drunken louts who spend their days in the bars and nights on the streets.....the bare chested brigade who parade around like peacocks here because they are nothing in their own countries? Endless stories here on a daily basis of drunken, fighting, insulting foreigners .

Unfortunately we are usually all lumped together with these idiots.

• Like 1

I'm disgusted to hear about this , we Norwegians are not cowboys , carrying a gun in Norway is illegal. These guys were business partners and had a dispute. Probably very drunk and after killing his friend he decided to shoot himself, must be a very desperate person. Hopefully he can serve the sentence in Norway after spending a few years in Bangkok hilton, if he survives.

Vast majority of Norwegians are a lovely sensible people.

No...we are not responsible for the few nuts who disgrace a country.

We in Ireland have to take the embarrasment of the drunken Irish louts who cause mayhem elsewhere.

Years ago in England 3 or 4 of us would play darts to decide who would buy the next round of drinks. Now if in Cha-am the stakes were very much higher and the game was fueled by booze and a gun was near at hand....................Most folk play darts ,pool or Dominoes with a mate or two , the loser is not expected to lose his life.

The unfortunate part is him having the gun so handy. Without it, they'd have punched each other a few times; maybe even broken a nose. But then they could have cooled off and apologised later for acting like a pair of <deleted>. But the gun changed all that. There can't be an apology now; just regrets and thoughts of "if only.." It's very sad for both of them.

Isn't it normal for older falangs to be packing heat when they go out for dinner here?

From the Thai side of things, it wasn't that long ago that someone senior "accidentally" killed his wife while cleaning his gun at the dinner table.

Having said that, I do believe there's a large number of mentally and emotionally unstable people here that shouldn't be allowed near alcohol, let alone guns.

That applies equally to both Thai's and foreigners.

Have not heard about that story in a while, one of my all time favorites. Made all

the more funny by the fact that his excuse about " accidentally" shooting his wife

actually worked ,and he got away scot free with the murder. Says a lot about the

Thai justice system.

Regarding his botched suicide, that is a classic error. Due to the angle of the hand

in relationship to the head, you more or less end up shooting off part of your forehead.

So whatever troubles you had before, now you have to deal with a bit of brain damage

as well. If you really want to kill yourself, just put the barrel in your mouth.....

Wow this is why you need to stay out of bars. People get crazy when they drink. Wonder where he got the gun?

Good point, seems a bit odd for middle aged Norwegians to be packing heat.

Maybe with so many Thais blasting people right and left, ( one of the highest

gun homicide rates in the world) , maybe farangs are starting to pack now

to defend themselves. But sure looks like it went wrong here.

Good post. However, I think I need a dictionary on this forum. "packing heat". Perhaps I'm just getting old.!!

Haha the term packing heat is a pretty old expression for America. For a while the

gang bangers were using the term gat for a gun, I have no idea what the latest

term is...

Edited by EyesWideOpen

And these were NOT Thais, dear posters, but Norwegians........over a game of darts............

So you don't forget when you start bashing the Thais on other similar incidents.

May the victim Rests in Peace and the killer rots in jail.

Killer shot himself

Excellent point. So the Norwegian killer, realized he had made an incredible

mistake by shooting his friend, then turns the gun on himself in order to

commit instant justice. A Thai guy would have just done a runner.......So you see Costas, rationalizing can cut both ways... :-)

So.. Norwegians are so 'good' that even when they are bad they instantly realise that their actions are so unforgivable as to enforce instant punishment upon themselves?.. yeah right, 'cos that's how the sort of a guy who shoots his 'friend' thinks, I'm sure!.. mmm... but a Thai, you know, like someone not involved at all in this case.. WOULD HAVE fled if HE HAD BEEN involved.. again, mmm.. pretty sure I'm seeing where your dubious thinking's headed (though still not WHY!!).. and so.. basically, your only input on this, is.. let's see how we can round this story off, about a story of some Norwegian guy going off his head, into another slight at Thais, yeah? Aahh.. gottit!!! thumbsup.gif wai.gif

A lot of people don't reaise the dangers of darts, I was playing in a pub in Liverpool and it was my mates turn to throw,just then one of the sisters of mercy came in collecting for the local convent and stood behind my friend, his first dart hit a treble twenty, second dart done the same,the third hit the wire and went up in the air and embedded itself right in the sisters head, as she collapsed on the floor sombody shouted out, one nun dead and eighty...

This is the last dart match i saw in Liverpool,enjoyed by the lads.

Typical Scouse joke.thumbsup.gif

A lot of people don't reaise the dangers of darts, I was playing in a pub in Liverpool and it was my mates turn to throw,just then one of the sisters of mercy came in collecting for the local convent and stood behind my friend, his first dart hit a treble twenty, second dart done the same,the third hit the wire and went up in the air and embedded itself right in the sisters head, as she collapsed on the floor sombody shouted out, one nun dead and eighty...

This is the last dart match i saw in Liverpool,enjoyed by the lads.

Typical Scouse joke.thumbsup.gif

Yup I think it was filmed at Anfield.

• Like 1

Too many foreigners die in Thailand for reasons that are not natural. Seems to be getting worse in the past year.

You gotta be kidding to write such nonsense. I live here 13 years and never hear that a foreigner killed a foreigner with a gun in Isaan.

Of course is shooting somebody with a gun not natural. And you're really blaming Thailand now? It's getting worse here, you're right.

Edited by lostinisaan
  • Like 1

That's a disgusting thing to joke about. clap2.gif

Too many foreigners die in Thailand for reasons that are not natural. Seems to be getting worse in the past year.

You gotta be kidding to write such nonsense. I live here 13 years and never hear that a foreigner killed a foreigner with a gun in Isaan.

Of course is shooting somebody with a gun not natural. And you're really blaming Thailand now? It's getting worse here, you're right.

Well Thailand is getting more westenernised, and they do tend to copy most things.The OK and all that. A 1911 .45 would do a better job,not a 9 mm pea shooter.

Due to a lot of muggings in Hua Hin, I was warned about walking around certain quiet areas evenings, ( 9 pm not midnight). I know one of my ex neighbours was armed. There had also been quite a few break ins , and murders. Maybe it's caught on in Cha Am too, that, and the fact that lots of Scandinavians, and other foreigners, drink an awful lot could be the answer.

The two people involved were business partners who had a disagreement about money/business dealings apparently.

Both are well known in Cha Am.

This would seem the most likely, I just cannot see anyone getting excited over a game of darts.

I just can't think of anything more boring.

Jesus Possum, you don't like facial hair and tattoos, now you're against darts.

The two people involved were business partners who had a disagreement about money/business dealings apparently.

This would seem the most likely, I just cannot see anyone getting excited over a game of darts.

that rules his choice of women down then..
  • Like 1

I'm not sure I believe this. Who on earth walks around with a 9mill in their pockets? I'm talking about visitors, not locals.. The he got so incensed he shot his mate in the stomach a few times and then in the back of the head? Then being the gunman that he is.. he turns the gun on himself and misses? Methinks this will turn out like the Samui shooting at Bar Solo. There wikll be others involved I reckon. If I'm wrong the <deleted>!???

Is it any wonder that many Thais think foreigners are a degenarate lot of nuts? Thailand sure gets the quality tourist.

Look also at the foreigner who threatened to throw his kid off a balcony....the drunken louts who spend their days in the bars and nights on the streets.....the bare chested brigade who parade around like peacocks here because they are nothing in their own countries? Endless stories here on a daily basis of drunken, fighting, insulting foreigners .

Unfortunately we are usually all lumped together with these idiots.

speak for yourself mate.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Rules out Cha Am for retirement!! Running out of places awfully quickly

I'd probably look into Antarctica if that's your criteria. Not because there's no chance of violent death, simply because there are so few human beings down there. Up until 2002, Norfolk Island was looking good then some idiot Kiwi had to go and ruin that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janelle_Patton

So is the jerk in prison in Sydney or on Norfolk Island?

I'm not sure I believe this. Who on earth walks around with a 9mill in their pockets? I'm talking about visitors, not locals.. The he got so incensed he shot his mate in the stomach a few times and then in the back of the head? Then being the gunman that he is.. he turns the gun on himself and misses? Methinks this will turn out like the Samui shooting at Bar Solo. There wikll be others involved I reckon. If I'm wrong the <deleted>!???

But to his credit, he did a much better job than the -guess they were tattooed Aussies- who accidentally almost killed a German tourist in Samui, when trying to shoot another guy.

I would never ever tell anybody that I'm hiding a Walther 9 mm Para under my pillow, for god's sake.

And the Tattoo shop shooter could walk out on bail. Holy Jesus and Maria of Nazareth on a buffalo.

Edited by lostinisaan

Not liking facial hair at ladyboys with tattoos, shooting darts out of the arse, quite understandable. Possum's right.