THAI introduces voluntary resignation scheme offering up to 30-month salaries

webfact

"He reiterated that the programme is not early retirement programme as the company still has early retirement offer for staff."

and there is apparently no Thai word for "Redundancy". That is why they have so many "inactive posts" everywhere.

Labour turmoil - hahahhahaha

Section 44!

It is just one more instance in a decades long series of instances of the elite funnelling government monies into their pockets and into the pockets of their nearest and dearest.

Corruption, corruption, corruption!

This is not about elite funnelling government monies. This is a management decision which it believes will save money by bridging older workers to their retirement. Thai Airways has had labour issues in the past and management is trying to achieve its headcount in a humane manner that also maintains labour peace. You can chatter on about corruption all you want, but this has nothing to do with it. All of the legacy airlines have undertaken similar actions.

Yes it is.

Thai Airways Threatens Strike If Govt Refuses To Quit ...

In Parting Shot, Ousted Thai Airways Chief Blows Whistle on ...

This thread must be a source of merriment for some as I am identified as pro PTP and here I am arguing with someone that has PTP on the noggin.

Anyways, I'm not going to try and reason with you. Go ahead and believe what you want. I suggest you take all your business to Orient Thai, or Air Asia.

Is that suggestion because of the PTP member shareholding in them. http://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/thai-airasia-seeks-new-partners-204749/

Employees better take this golden opportunity, because after bankruptcy nobody gets anything, except a boot in the rear on the way out!

This is not a normal business environment. This is the Flag-Carrier of Thailand, and foreigners will never appreciate the value of the Thai flag to the national pride.

It cannot fail, regardless how poorly run or disasterously inefficient it is.

• Like 1