Briton Murder Suspect Arrested On Border Run

george

To B honest...if I were the suspect of a murder, I wouldn't travel on my real ID (Fake ID cards or passports can B bought throughtout bkk).

I also wouln't chose the malay border for the crossing...the lao border seems to more promising.

Just a thought. :o

AND WHY WOULD THE LAO BOARDER BE DIFFERENT MMMM?

Cause controls at the checkpoints to Lao are somewhat lax, buddy

(No proper check of identities of ppl leaving or entering LOS) :D

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop the visa runs. Applicants, who apply to stay on a short time basis, should have to hire the services of a government-approved agency to handle their visa applications.

Increase the investment amount to a minimum of 1000000 baht for one-year non-immigrant applicants with proof of how the money was obtained.

All visa applicants should be imposed to supply a letter from their home country police, confirming that there is nothing or something on file about them. If you are a Brit, police document costs £10 and can be applied for at a local British police station.

Up here in Chiang Mai, many Farangs are not socialble, not community minded or friendly, plus a high rate of farang undesirables.

If this tread continues the Thai government will enforce stricter rules for entry into the Kingdom.

The sooner, the better.

Stop the visa runs. Applicants, who apply to stay on a short time basis, should have to hire the services of a government-approved agency to handle their visa applications.

Increase the investment amount to a minimum of 1000000 baht for one-year non-immigrant applicants with proof of how the money was obtained.

All visa applicants should be imposed to supply a letter from their home country police, confirming that there is nothing or something on file about them. If you are a Brit, police document costs £10 and can be applied for at a local British police station.

Up here in Chiang Mai, many Farangs are not socialble, not community minded or friendly, plus a high rate of farang undesirables.

If this tread continues the Thai government will enforce stricter rules for entry into the Kingdom.

The sooner, the better.

:D Yes stop the Visa runs ..Other countries get a year before having to embark on one so why should other countries be treated differently with 30/60/90 day Visa,s ??

Hire the services of a Goverment approved agency regarding Visa,s ?? Yeah right !! Pay the money for the services of Lawyer who can find Loopholes in the system .. or worse still be the only one who could afford the tender to grease the palm of some corrupt polaticion ?? Thus giving another excuse to over charge the average Falang and in the process ..more than likely destroy the communities who,s main hub of income (tuk tuk , taxi,s , guesthouses ) comes from the Border traffic ???

:D Increase the investment amount to 1000000 Baht ??? So you want to turn Thailand into a exclusive enclave for the Rich ??? Because eveyone knows only the poor commit crime ??? WRONG the average Falang living in a house or condo at 900.000 Baht or less or even renting long term for 2.500 Baht is more likely to behave because he has more to loose in relation to what he earnt in his home country as opposed to some silver spoon fed moron who most likely had it all fall into his lap at a early age .. We only have to look at The Criminals and sex offenders that have made the headlines to realise that most hail from such backgrounds as Rockstar ..or Psuedo Entreprenuers (Whitecollar criminals) selling Bodyshop type Products or screwing pensioners out of their life savings in the form of ENRON to know that the worst of the worst come from privilaged upperclass backgrounds .. Besides Falang living within the community are more likely to booster the local economy where as Falang who spends most of there time behind the confines of their IVORY TOWER are more apt to dine out at the most expensive Places ..only encourageing the staff to do Double shifts and get paid less for it.

Impose a 10 GBP letter on a Visa Applicant ?? .. The Last time i got a 60 day Visa it cost me about 25 GBP add that up with the Two return train Journeys 15 GBP each and the 3 day wait (yes i could of done it by post but value my passport to much) and i would say plenty has been payed already ..BESIDES what do you think is happening during those 3 days ?? the Embassey are argueing over what colour ink to use on the Visa stamp ??? As far as i am aware Mr Ashad the topic of this thread flew in on a 30 day Visa that is automatically given for just short stay on arrival at airport ... change this rule and it would dramatically affect the Tourism industry and have a knock affect to many peoples lives in the Kingdom .. Least of all criminals

I,ve never been up to Chaing Mai but i,ve been to Thailand more than a few times .. As for undesirables i know the type you are on about .Many is the time i,ve sat up at Bar with one of the freindly locals playing a game of connect four sniggering at some Pompus Blowhard who thinks his Gods gift to the rest of the world ..They can usually be found Driving a over chromed cras 4 x 4 and paying 3 times as much for the same services the rest of us are getting for a lot less ..Even the Locals comment they must be Mafia or how else can they afford all that ?? (apologies to people who have worked hard for their flash motors).

Doubtful any trends will cease to conitnue as the Thai Govt like any other Goverments Prime objective is to create revenue. Also it would have to much of a adverse affect on Local Border communties and Tour operators

Enforce stricter rules YES anyone caught of a REAL crime whilst in the Kingdom should be deported and refused any future entry or at least a ban period befitting the crime REGARDLESS of their ASSETS or wether or not they have the POWER , INFLUENCE OR MONEY to buy their way out of TROUBLE ..This should discourage the worst of the worst at least ..Whilst the rest of us can get back bitching about the cost of chang and how we are going to make the next Border/Visa trip

:o:D:D:D:D:D:D

• 5 months later...

Father 'clubbed family to death'

A cab driver allegedly clubbed his wife and three children to death with a rounders bat because he thought she was having an affair, a court has heard.

Rahan Arshad, 36, then fled to Thailand - leaving the bodies undiscovered at the family home in Turves Road, Cheadle Hulme, Manchester - for almost a month.

Paul Reid QC, prosecuting, told the jury the evidence they would hear would be distressing.

Mr Arshad denies four counts of murder at Manchester Crown Court.

The jury heard when Mr Arshad was arrested, he said: "I confess to the murder. My beautiful kids, I don't regret killing that bitch, but my kids, killing my kids..."

The court was told he killed his wife Uzma Rahan, 32, sons Adam, 11, and Abbas, eight, and daughter Henna, six, in July.

The bodies lay undiscovered for almost a month

Mr Reid told the jury the couple had an arranged marriage in 1992 but their relationship hit the rocks from before Easter 2003 because Mr Arshad believed his wife was having an affair.

He said: "Despite Uzma's denials to many about the affair, including her family and friends, the affair was an open secret and lasted until about April 2006."

Mr Reid claimed that in the months before her murder, Mr Arshad admitted threatening to kill his wife and children.

He told the jury that on 27 July Mr Arshad, whom he described as "jealous and possessive" bought an 18-inch (45cm) rounders bat.

Blood samples

DNA traces from all the family members were recovered from the bat and blood samples were found on the trainers Mr Arshad was wearing when he was arrested, the court heard.

The jury was told that Mr Arshad left his car in the short stay car park at Heathrow before boarding a flight to Bangkok.

Although Mr Arshad had booked a return flight on 18 August, he failed to board the aeroplane.

He was stopped on 30 August at the Thailand-Malaysia border.

In a defence statement to prosecutors, Mr Arshad claimed he had returned home to find his children dead and that he had bludgeoned his wife to death with the rounders bat because he believed she had murdered them.

The trial was adjourned until Wednesday.

BBC

• 2 months later...
As we know, the immigration blacklist was not updated for the last 3 years !

Where did you get that information??

You add people to a list but no one cares about the execution of this since the list is outdated,

people who should have been removed are still on the list and new people can still enter the kingdom...

There should be additions to the list, but I was under the impression that removal is a virtual impossibility?

Perhaps you would prefer it if we all looked like this Globeliner. :D:o

post-14623-1180264650_thumb.jpg

Yes,by golly old chap, I think they should all look like that. Kick out the darkies, dagoes, <deleted> and fuzzy wuzzies and let's all get back to a pure Anglo-Saxon land where everything is cricket and shipshape!

Since Britain conquered the world in the 19th century, the world has conquered Britain in the 20th century. seems fair to me?

Can someone actually describe what a British citizen looks like in 2007? :D

Thai Immigration deport father of family killed in England

_41998846_rahan_arshad203.jpg

Rahan Arshad

BANGKOK: -- Thai police on Friday deported a British man

Is that what Brits are looking like these days ? :o

Doesn't look very British to me :D

You obviously haven't been to Britain recently.

Thai Immigration deport father of family killed in England

_41998846_rahan_arshad203.jpg

Rahan Arshad

BANGKOK: -- Thai police on Friday deported a British man

Is that what Brits are looking like these days ? :D

Doesn't look very British to me :bah:

You obviously haven't been to Britain recently.

:o:D:D:D