BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shaggy1969

Welcome new members

Welcome new members

to the 'Photography and Arts Forum'

We are a varied bunch of photographers on this forum,ranging from rank amateurs to seasoned pro's.If you are an amateur seeking to advance your

photography skills, then there will always be folk here to give you advice.If you are a more experienced photographer, then we would appreciate it if

you could share your knowledge by giving advice if asked.

The main focus points are.... share your images of Thailand,help each other and to enjoy the wonderful world of photography together !!!

Why not drop a quick message to introduce yourself to the other members? I am sure you will get a warm welcome.

Any questions? feel free to ask.

Just been able to post my first photos to this forum thanks to Shaggys advice!.... I take photos of anything to be honest, food, people, birds, plants.... anything that catches my eye or reminds me of my childhood in Africa.

Equipment is very basic, either iPad or Nikon Coolpix L120... one day I will get better kit.

Amazed by the skills of some people on here.

Welcome tolsti

I am sure we all are looking forward to viewing your shared images , nice to see a new poster on the threads

Cheers

Goompa

And a Big Thank You wai.gif also to shaggy1969 for pinning this thread.

I believe this pinned topic is not only for "Newbies", but also for our older ThaiVisaDotCom members, not in age, but as being a member of ThaiVisaDotCom. thumbsup.gif

Welcome one and all. Likes shall be provided.whistling.gif

Win w00t.gif

Great post there Tywais,many thanks for taking the time and effort to put that post together.

After geting bored with the "upper part" of TVF, I scrolled down and found "Photography and the Arts". Nice here!

Need some time to acclimate and not critizise too much...

After geting bored with the "upper part" of TVF, I scrolled down and found "Photography and the Arts". Nice here!

Need some time to acclimate and not critizise too much...

Nice to see we at least made the list , I mean being down the " Bottom " as apposed to being up in the " Mainstream " and all .

I wonder where I would end up if I were to scroll down from where I am ?

Oops , I remember now , I began in the " General " component , and then scrolled up ! Silly me .

Welcome Chon B

I hope you wont get too bored here .

Cheers

Hi all,

Moved to Chiang Mai recently and have taken up photography as a hobby. Always looking for new locations to practice, and would love to hear from anyone in the area who would be interested in sharing tips and locations.

Shooting with Nikon D750 and a variety of primes and zooms. Post processing with Lightroom 6.

Hope to learn and share with members of the forum.

Best regards,

Peter

Hi all,

Moved to Chiang Mai recently and have taken up photography as a hobby. Always looking for new locations to practice, and would love to hear from anyone in the area who would be interested in sharing tips and locations.

Shooting with Nikon D750 and a variety of primes and zooms. Post processing with Lightroom 6.

Hope to learn and share with members of the forum.

Best regards,

Peter

It might be a good idea to check out the photography sub forum.

Hi all,

Welcome to the Photo forum Peter. Very nice camera the D750 and really looking for some photos from it. I had been reading reviews on it and had a chance to hold one with the 24-120mm f/4 kit lens on it. I found the weight to be a bit too much for me though.

Thanks for the warm welcome! Yes, theD750 is a bit heavy, especially with a big lens, but a Caryspeed sling helps take the strain. Alternatively, primes are the way to go - 50g, 85g are great options, as is the 18-35 if weight is an issue. Best regards, Pete