Welcome new members

1 hour ago, retoohs said:

Posted a few photos over the last couple of days and thought I had better introduce myself. I'm a Kiwi in my late 50's and been taking photos as long as I can remember. I'm an amateur an landscapes are my passion. I have a Thai partner from Doi Tung in the north and we sped 4-6 months a year in Thailand with the balance in NZ. The gear I use is Sony which was a natural progression from Minolta for me. Currently using an old A99, 16-35/2.8 CZ, 24-70/2.8 CZ. 70-200/2.8 G, 100/2.8 M and my pocket camera is my trusty old RX100/lll. I have a website in desperate need of maintenance (not my thing so I keep putting it off) but if anyone is interested www.southernlightsphotography.com

Finally everyone who commented on pics I've recently posted THANKS, you've made me feel right at home

cheers

Alan

Hi Alan,

A warm welcome to the photo forum. 

Very impressed with the images you have posted so far and I'm sure my partner and mentor Jim feels the same way.

I am from Perth Australia and are sorry not to have made the trip to New Zealand. Every photo I have seen makes me wish I had. We live 30km south of Uttaradit.

My camera is also a Sony, an A58 presently using 50mm fixed lens and on the odd occasion, a 70 - 300. I am in the early stages of purchasing another lens to replace one that the auto focus decided to pack it in. Most likely to go for a Sony SAL18135. I have had bad luck with pocket cameras having had five that didn't last the distance.

Cheers,

Ron

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome here retoohs ; came sometimes to Doi Tung with my pickup or my MTBike..

Maybe one day can have a meeting  when I'll come again because I love your province.

As you I like landscapes and also trucks and coaches; it was my job during 13 years ; not all my active pro life but I loved that work !

@--Ron, I have an Olympus TG 860 which can go under water 15 meters and as u can see I can shoot sometimes beautiful photos;

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all!

I realize I didn't do things in a proper order, started posting before introducing myself, sorry about that!  I've been reading Thai Visa for a while, and when I discovered the Photography and the Arts section I decided to start sharing some images. I am French, and I've been spending 2 months a year in Thailand for more than 12  years, mostly around Krabi. Our family lives in Krabi town, so we've been able to come back every year and we feel at home there.

I am a self-taught hobby photographer, but my love for Thailand made me want to get better at taking pictures :  I am learning every day, and would appreciate any comment and advice from members. My favorite subjects are landscapes  and sunsets, but I also enjoy trying to capture animal images and street pictures. I use a Canon 650D (Rebel T4i), a 17-70mm f/2,8 Contemporary Sigma lens, and a 70-200mm f/4 L IS USM. Thanks for all your work, forum is great and seeing all these nice pictures is inspiring and heartwarming!

The following picture was taken in Koh Yao Yai in August.

My gallery in 500px : https://500px.com/jlffalcrz

21082016-IMG_1472_edit.jpg

Welcome jlff , for ease of use I will just note you as j , no need to apologise I still haven't registered as a new user. I come on from time to time , check out a few things and bugger off again.

Good to see you have an active interest in toggin', keeps one's mind active . Looks like you got the focal zones covered !

Look forward to viewing your images j .

A warm welcome to the photo forum jlff!!!

Just been over to have a look at your work,on your 500px page.........very nice indeed!

Looking forward to seeing more of your work and hopefully your will share some of your techniques and experience will us all.

Cheers,Shaggy

Thailand is a wonder full photo experience  .As a artist i work in a Bangkok photo lab making prints..contact sheets.from digital and film mostly digital..I shoot with a varied amount of gear.From Lomo pops to 20 mega pix mirror less.Film mostly color with some c-41 b/w Film cameras Nikon .Street shooting is the best with so many end less  inspritional  geo spots in Bangkok.Some day planning a photo book of the color full and interesting graffiti art that are on many walls in Bkk.Keep shooting photags..

Thank You Photags for your kind words. Sorry old school sans Flickr.

.I will sort through some  sd/cf cards and post some when I have time.

Some of my fave hero's in the area are Roland Neveu..Michael Klinkhamer.. in Cambodia...and all the visual color splash and art that adorns the city scape of the most vision inspired  city in SE ASIA  ..Bangkok. Cheers! Snap! snap1 snap!

I think I shot this with a Ricoh XRM 35 mm film camera back in 1990's pre digi .days. Film xp-2 c-41 process.

It's in Patunam ..at New Petburi Rd. It's a  on your toes crossing very loud traffic noise hot and smoggy.It was an awesome photographic experience just getting this shot.I was standing on the upper part of a traffic island looking thru the lens.People just walked into the shot like on movie set  just trying to cross  New Petburi rd. safely. I out these film shots on cd's for back up.Still have the Ricoh

.80190021.jpg

Welcome Jim Cortesos.... we look forward to seeing your images... There are many different threads where you could add your contributions or start your own "what I see" thread

If you could limit each post to three images, that would help those with slower modems ... thanks ! 

1 hour ago, samuijimmy said:

Welcome Jim Cortesos.... we look forward to seeing your images... There are many different threads where you could add your contributions or start your own "what I see" thread

If you could limit each post to three images, that would help those with slower modems ... thanks ! 

17 hours ago, BMW Overlander said:

Can you add motorcycles section too? Condition: it has to be pictured with a person or something signifying Thailand.

There have been a number of threads that have been closed following complaints from many members that there were too many which had people confused on where to post their images. These closed threads were joined with others to alleviate that problem.

Shaggy1969's suggestion is probably the way to go. For example, you could open a new thread  " BMW Overlander.....(with an extension of your choice) ". Shaggy has got one of his own " Shaggy's Isaan " and there are a number of others who have a similar thread with their own title.

Cheers,

Ron

ToonBroon, welcome to the Photography and the Arts forum.

It's a shame that you didn't  put your entries in earlier in the month to give them a better chance.

No worries though, we have made some changes for Octobers competition to eliminate the

disadvantage that images posted later in the month faced. All images will now have the same

chance regardless of when they were posted. I would suggest that that you re-enter them in the

October competition, I wouldn't have a problem with that.

Cheers and welcome aboard,

Ron

Hi HoboKay,

I agree with Jim and certainly would like to see more of your images.

I see that you do black and white so look for a new thread opening up 

on Friday 1st of october. " October 2016 Photo Quest " is a fun thing 

and you will be able to find it among the pinned topics at the top of the 

Photography and the Arts page.

Welcome aboard,

Ron

Archived