Mystery surrounds death of Brit in Hua Hin

webfact

"He was reported as being drunk at the time and flew into a rage smashing up the shop. At one point he kicked in the shop window injuring major blood vessels in his left thigh and right calf (possibly the femoral artery?). He began to bleed to death and was taken to Hua Hin hospital but they were unable to save him"

It sounds like his rage killed him . No mystery even if it's a weird way to die.

Edited by balo

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

As I understand the story, the deceased (RIP) kicked his way into his EX girlfriends shop/bar and whilst doing so seriously badly cut his leg, (and I've seen the pictures!), and whilst he was smashing the place up, he bled so badly that by the time the police/ambulance arrived he was too far gone to recover and died in hospital from blood loss. This is a very sad story, but lets not make a murder mystery out of it. I visited the scene, there was glass from the window/door of the premises all over the place and blood everywhere. Furthermore, his EX girlfriend was not some young bar girl, but a mature, educated and very nice woman. I am terribly sorry that Iain died in such a way, but let's deal with the facts as much as possible please.

"kicked his way into his ex girlfriends shop/ B.A.R."

so she owned the bar? granted...not young...but in the business.

Is this shop not a bar? Does she not own it? I do wonder who layed out the cash for her bar business?

Sorry..this sort of leads me to think that he was intent on destroying her bar business...which leads me to think he paid for it.

Not an excuse, of course...but I have seen many men buy bars for their ladies, only to end up losing them..and the bar.

Sort of explains (not justifies) his rage.

Still more likely she (or an employee/lover) whacked his leg with a machete.

Unless you were there to witness the cutting.

Over 50 years in the UK, don't know anyone who died (or almost died) a violent death of any sort.

Been in CM 5 years, one pal murdered (death recorded as hit and run), two pals attempted murder (recorded as road accidents), 2 died slipping in showers (recorded as accidental death), one jumped from a balcony with two other men in the room (one dressed as a woman) recorded as suicide. No investigation or autopsy in any of these cases.

Not to mention the legit cases, one 40yo drank himself to death, one 45yo vegetable after m/c accident while drunk, one 50yo died of cancer

That's none in the UK over 50 years, 6 (+3) in CM over 5 years. PEOPLE THAT I KNOW!

ok mate go for your life with this obvious murder mystery!!!!! http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/holiday-horror-scot-dies-swimming-5466313

get a hobby or preferably just go home!

• Like 1

Depending on what time Saturday he died... It would have still been Friday in UK!

If the story is correct & he Died at 3 pm Saturday that would make it 8am Saturday morning in the UK.....

*Pedant* It would have been 9am actually

RIP, not worth getting drunk and loosing it, but we are all different and some don't grow up until late in life unfortunately.

You can give people knowledge but hard to take it on board and rage and alcohol takes over to often.

Edited by kiwikeith

As I understand the story, the deceased (RIP) kicked his way into his EX girlfriends shop/bar and whilst doing so seriously badly cut his leg, (and I've seen the pictures!), and whilst he was smashing the place up, he bled so badly that by the time the police/ambulance arrived he was too far gone to recover and died in hospital from blood loss. This is a very sad story, but lets not make a murder mystery out of it. I visited the scene, there was glass from the window/door of the premises all over the place and blood everywhere. Furthermore, his EX girlfriend was not some young bar girl, but a mature, educated and very nice woman. I am terribly sorry that Iain died in such a way, but let's deal with the facts as much as possible please.

"kicked his way into his ex girlfriends shop/ B.A.R."

so she owned the bar? granted...not young...but in the business.

Is this shop not a bar? Does she not own it? I do wonder who layed out the cash for her bar business?

Sorry..this sort of leads me to think that he was intent on destroying her bar business...which leads me to think he paid for it.

Not an excuse, of course...but I have seen many men buy bars for their ladies, only to end up losing them..and the bar.

Sort of explains (not justifies) his rage.

Still more likely she (or an employee/lover) whacked his leg with a machete.

Unless you were there to witness the cutting.

Over 50 years in the UK, don't know anyone who died (or almost died) a violent death of any sort.

Been in CM 5 years, one pal murdered (death recorded as hit and run), two pals attempted murder (recorded as road accidents), 2 died slipping in showers (recorded as accidental death), one jumped from a balcony with two other men in the room (one dressed as a woman) recorded as suicide. No investigation or autopsy in any of these cases.

Not to mention the legit cases, one 40yo drank himself to death, one 45yo vegetable after m/c accident while drunk, one 50yo died of cancer

That's none in the UK over 50 years, 6 (+3) in CM over 5 years. PEOPLE THAT I KNOW!

Well you have lived a sheltered life indeed. Two of my friends were murdered, three died in car crashes, two committed suicide, and two overdosed all before the age of 40, all in the UK. All friends. Nobody I know has died in Thailand though there are a few who I wish had. I have travelled all over the world, including the once 'murder capital of Europe' Glasgow, but Thailand is the safest country I have experienced.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Hub of mystery deaths. Plenty more to follow as Songkran approaches.

Stop talking utter <deleted> !!!!!!

Leaving aside there isn't a mystery here - can we have all your well researched info on the other 200 countries on this planet please so that we can understand your 'hub of mystery deaths' statement !

Some of you on here really need to get out more..................oh no hang on the big Thai bogey man will be waiting for you won't he !

Take a little time and enlighten TV members to the 200 other countries.

To all the people complaining about farangs dying in Thailand....really?? I agree some did nothing wrong to deserve it.

But do you think no Thai people die under same circumstances? You just don't hear about it because nobody on Thai Visa

gives a shit about some poor Thai man dying. It has a lot more to do with people's social circles and choices than being

a foreigner.

It also could be gullible oil workers who are pulling the 3 months on 1 month off working off shore. Falling in slut love and then leaving the girl to be honorable and trustful for 3 months until they return and then only to find out their slut girl still had itches while they were gone but had found others to scratch them for her. Balconies and parking overhangs and now broken mirriors with door knobs are the new demise methods

More like 28 days on, 28 days off. Talking in general terms, what you say happens frequently. However, random generalisation is appalling and particularly so in this case. The lady in question did not ask Iain to smash in her window, thereby cutting his leg so badly that he bled to death. That was his choice, as was getting into a relationship with her in the first place. Alcohol fueled anger caused his death, not her.

Okay and what genius was holding the unused tourniquet? Geez. Lets all just watch a man bleeding profusely bleed out for crying out loud.

If you've got nothing sensible to contribute, don't bother, (DELETED)

Edited by seedy
troll / flaming
  • Like 1