Mystery surrounds death of Brit in Hua Hin

webfact

What Thai girl is worth killing your self over, especially if she is going behind your back, they are in Thailand I don't get it, , there are thousands there that will love you long time, or at least longer than others, such a waste of life

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Hub of mystery deaths. Plenty more to follow as Songkran approaches.

Stop talking utter <deleted> !!!!!!

Leaving aside there isn't a mystery here - can we have all your well researched info on the other 200 countries on this planet please so that we can understand your 'hub of mystery deaths' statement !

Some of you on here really need to get out more..................oh no hang on the big Thai bogey man will be waiting for you won't he !

Statistically a UK citizen in Thailand is 20x more likely to die than that same citizen in a western country.

This is a fairly well broadcast statistic, and often used as cause of death in Thailand is often misreported.

Australia has gathered a very similar statistic.

.... mainly from motor cycle and other traffic accidents!

The story was in the Daily News on Friday 3rd April 2015 and was reported as happening in the early hours of Friday morning (Thai time) at a snooker shop called 'Master Cues' in 'Railway (sp?) Plaza Today' shopping centre on Phrapokglao road, opposite Hua Hin train station.
Initial police investigations revealed that before he died he had visited the shop twice looking for his former Thai girlfriend but had been unable to locate her.
He was reported as being drunk at the time and flew into a rage smashing up the shop. At one point he kicked in the shop window injuring major blood vessels in his left thigh and right calf (possibly the femoral artery?). He began to bleed to death and was taken to Hua Hin hospital but they were unable to save him

I0NlXH6.jpg
Th2IQbP.jpg

• Like 1

...........But do you think no Thai people die under same circumstances? You just don't hear about it because nobody on Thai Visa

gives a shit about some poor Thai man dying.................

Really? You need to take the blinkers off! coffee1.gif

Many TV readers do care about what happens to Thai people.

Leaving aside there isn't a mystery here - can we have all your well researched info on the other 200 countries on this planet please so that we can understand your 'hub of mystery deaths' statement !

Some of you on here really need to get out more..................oh no hang on the big Thai bogey man will be waiting for you won't he !

Statistically a UK citizen in Thailand is 20x more likely to die than that same citizen in a western country.

This is a fairly well broadcast statistic, and often used as cause of death in Thailand is often misreported.

When one adds many visiting foreigners seemingly unquenchable desire to become involved with dubious partners/love triangles, alcohol, drugs, untutored riding of high power motorcycles, waterfalls and dodgy diving schools, etc, to the basic Thai threats (including but not confined to: general carelessness, appalling driving and yabba fuelled individual/group violence) and consider the major factor, that a huge percentage of long-term foreign residents are in the senior (lining up for a heart attack) zone, is it really so remarkable that Thailand is the new "White Mans Grave"?

Spot on mate.

It's not the new White man's grave because to have a grave you must purchase a burial plot and everybody and their mama knows a foreigner can't legally own land in Thailand.

There are a many of men on boot hill today who died over "lucy" yesterday. But no matter how many have died before... that knowledge will not save the next. Just remember no girl, in Thailand, cares if you run out of money, fall dead by the hand of another lover or commit suicide. Because tomorrow another teerak is landing.

• Like 1

As the info slowly pours in, seems to be clear....

Alcohol fueled rage....the photos do show the damage.

Perhaps not as mysterious as the initial report.

I am guilty of doing rash things, in the distant past....with the "John Barleycorn"

and am only lucky to still be here.

It is clear this man had not thought this out well, and did not count on dying.

Just angry and under the influence.

Rest in peace.

Edited by slipperylobster

RIP. But it seemes to me farangs die too often in Thailand

More Australians die in Thailand than in any other country outside Australia. I should imagine that also applies for Canadians & Kiwis & Brits & most Europeans. Not sure about USA as I believe many get snuffed in Mexico & South America.

You are right about Americans dying in Latin America but the statistics may be regarded as somewhat distorted by the prevalence of dual nationals. For example, the vast majority of Americans who die in Mexico are dual nationals of Mexican origin. That includes the violent deaths.

Hua Hin now hosts a nasty collection of the very brassy type of bargirl that is fluent in broken English and adept at manipulating farang men. There is also now a shocking number of ladyboys pretending to be girls in order to separate unwary male tourists from their cash., who are likely to become violent if any farang tries to point out that they are actually men.

In the earlier days of the nightlife there the bars tended to be stocked with Khmer speaking girls from Buriram and Srisaket. They were not as pretty as the girls in more competitive Pattaya but most were simple village girls who had just been dumped by Thai boys leaving them as single mothers in their teens or early 20s. Generally they couldn't speak much English but we're OK to talk to, if you could speak Thai or Khmer.

Now the whole scene is worth a miss, even though the bars and the "You want boom boom massage parlours" have expanded well outside Soi Binthabaht and are threatening to take over the whole town.

Edited by Dogmatix
  • Like 1

Hmmmmm...........Rest In Peace.

Meantime, are there a whole lot more Brits in Thailand than other Nationals or is it just a coincidence that more Brits are getting beat up and in trouble with the law and having more violent altercations with the Thais and seemingly more Brits being murdered or some how ending up dead under mysterious circumstances.

Is there a trend evolving or am I the only one noticing this???

Cheers

Meantime, are there a whole lot more Brits in Thailand than other Nationals

If so, the finger points definitively at the cause of conflict, isn't it?

The term 'hub of mystery deaths' was used earlier..look back in the records for the last 10yrs..Hua Hin does not have a good record when it comes to suspicious deaths of UK nationals..

...& to me this poor man may find himself on that same list.

In almost no time at all the MiB seem happy with the cause of death being almost accidental & no foul play..TiT..(in a western country, IMO.. the investigation would have been longer, wider, & more thorough)

R.I.P. Iain.

Give us a break!!

He was drunk and in a fit of rage kicked in a shop window, badly cut himself badly and bled to death!!

Nothing suspicious about that.

And for all the conspiracy theorists out there, the shop is a central location and probably plenty of people witnessed what happened!!

But as usual, don't let facts get in a way of a good Thai bashing thread!!

This character Usual Suspect is a barkeeper in the town and he likes nothing better than a bit of Thai bashing

Depending on what time Saturday he died... It would have still been Friday in UK!

Just reading news on Tv and i see one died in Hua Hin, one in Phuket and one assaulted in Pattaya....nationality? All british.....a coincidence?

Funny they write "Malay Peninsula" instead of "Thailand". I'm sure the British are above colonial geography now.

They are, that's just what this Peninsula happens to be called.

Doesn't the Malay peninsula technically start much further south, say around Surat Thani? I've never heard any part of mostly Buddhist Thailand that's so close to Bangkok being referred to as the Malay Peninsula. Only the British can do that, but it's inaccurate.

Hua Hin now hosts a nasty collection of the very brassy type of bargirl that is fluent in broken English and adept at manipulating farang men. There is also now a shocking number of ladyboys pretending to be girls in order to separate unwary male tourists from their cash., who are likely to become violent if any farang tries to point out that they are actually men.

In the earlier days of the nightlife there the bars tended to be stocked with Khmer speaking girls from Buriram and Srisaket. They were not as pretty as the girls in more competitive Pattaya but most were simple village girls who had just been dumped by Thai boys leaving them as single mothers in their teens or early 20s. Generally they couldn't speak much English but we're OK to talk to, if you could speak Thai or Khmer.

Now the whole scene is worth a miss, even though the bars and the "You want boom boom massage parlours" have expanded well outside Soi Binthabaht and are threatening to take over the whole town.

Thanks for sharing your expertise on Hua Hin's hookers.

But please connect the dots for me,

What are the connection between mentioned hookers and the thread-topic which is about a drunk guy kicking in a window, cuts himself badly and sadly bleeds to death??

• Like 2

I tell all my American friends to do not come to Thailand! Good man died but not enough technology to get data from his phone. If it smells like bull and looks like bull it is probably bull sh-t.

• Like 2

When one adds many visiting foreigners seemingly unquenchable desire to become involved with dubious partners/love triangles, alcohol, drugs, untutored riding of high power motorcycles, waterfalls and dodgy diving schools, etc, to the basic Thai threats (including but not confined to: general carelessness, appalling driving and yabba fuelled individual/group violence) and consider the major factor, that a huge percentage of long-term foreign residents are in the senior (lining up for a heart attack) zone, is it really so remarkable that Thailand is the new "White Mans Grave"?

Spot on mate.

It's not the new White man's grave because to have a grave you must purchase a burial plot and everybody and their mama knows a foreigner can't legally own land in Thailand.

I hate to sidetrack this discussion of this man who died due to horrible, though avoidable circumstances but how many Thais even have burial plots? I've got news for you, almost none! Thais are cremated and their ashes usually disposed off in a public place. Very few Thais have graves. Now I don't know the rules for foreigners to be buried (rather than disposed of, not the same thing in my book) but while foreigners can't own land, a dead person, whether Thai or foreign doesn't own anything either, because they're dead. Just some food for thought.

How many people in the UK have burial plots these days? Not as many as get cremated.

There's not the space here & it was on the news that they were going to start burying in older graves.

I'm not sure what that post was about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I understand the story, the deceased (RIP) kicked his way into his EX girlfriends shop/bar and whilst doing so seriously badly cut his leg, (and I've seen the pictures!), and whilst he was smashing the place up, he bled so badly that by the time the police/ambulance arrived he was too far gone to recover and died in hospital from blood loss. This is a very sad story, but lets not make a murder mystery out of it. I visited the scene, there was glass from the window/door of the premises all over the place and blood everywhere. Furthermore, his EX girlfriend was not some young bar girl, but a mature, educated and very nice woman. I am terribly sorry that Iain died in such a way, but let's deal with the facts as much as possible please.

"kicked his way into his ex girlfriends shop/ B.A.R."

so she owned the bar? granted...not young...but in the business.

Is this shop not a bar? Does she not own it? I do wonder who layed out the cash for her bar business?

Sorry..this sort of leads me to think that he was intent on destroying her bar business...which leads me to think he paid for it.

Not an excuse, of course...but I have seen many men buy bars for their ladies, only to end up losing them..and the bar.

Sort of explains (not justifies) his rage.

Edited by slipperylobster

I tell all my American friends to do not come to Thailand! Good man died but not enough technology to get data from his phone. If it smells like bull and looks like bull it is probably bull sh-t.

They will come... Why? Because the worse thing you can do is tell a grown man "Don't come to Thailand" when your very own action is in contradiction.

Edited by Whyamiandwhatamidoinghere

They will come... Why? Because the worse thing you can do is tell a grown man "Don't come to Thailand" when your very own action is in contradiction.

And they will be even more eager to taste the forbidden fruit, to win a heart, to succeed in happiness...where others have failed.

In fact, they may ration out that.....if so many men come here to die........then it must indeed hold some kind of treasure worth dying for.

or stay home and order pizza and watch FOX news.

What are you rambling about?

He kicked up some shop like a child throwing a tantrum and managed to kill himself in the process what an utter waste of a life. It is a tragedy that could have been quite easily avoided with a bit of common sense.

Stop trying to make mysteries when they simply don't exist.

• Like 1

RIP. But it seemes to me farangs die too often in Thailand

... because it tends to attract a certain type ...

Prejudged or what? Give the poor guy (and all the other certain types) the benefit of the doubt until otherwise proved. RIP.

Loads of old retired UK dudes in Spain.

They are still 20x more likely to die in Thailand.

Old guys from the UK have been getting free health care in Spain, so the stats should be way worse that Thailand, but isn't the case.

As I understand the story, the deceased (RIP) kicked his way into his EX girlfriends shop/bar and whilst doing so seriously badly cut his leg, (and I've seen the pictures!), and whilst he was smashing the place up, he bled so badly that by the time the police/ambulance arrived he was too far gone to recover and died in hospital from blood loss. This is a very sad story, but lets not make a murder mystery out of it. I visited the scene, there was glass from the window/door of the premises all over the place and blood everywhere. Furthermore, his EX girlfriend was not some young bar girl, but a mature, educated and very nice woman. I am terribly sorry that Iain died in such a way, but let's deal with the facts as much as possible please.

Is this shop not a bar? Does she not own it? I do wonder who layed out the cash for her bar business?

Sorry..this sort of leads me to think that he was intent on destroying her bar business...which leads me to think he paid for it.

Not an excuse, of course...but I have seen many men buy bars for their ladies, only to end up losing them..and the bar.

Still more likely she (or an employee/lover) whacked his leg with a machete.

Unless you were there to witness the cutting.

Over 50 years in the UK, don't know anyone who died (or almost died) a violent death of any sort.

Been in CM 5 years, one pal murdered (death recorded as hit and run), two pals attempted murder (recorded as road accidents), 2 died slipping in showers (recorded as accidental death), one jumped from a balcony with two other men in the room (one dressed as a woman) recorded as suicide. No investigation or autopsy in any of these cases.

Not to mention the legit cases, one 40yo drank himself to death, one 45yo vegetable after m/c accident while drunk, one 50yo died of cancer

That's none in the UK over 50 years, 6 (+3) in CM over 5 years. PEOPLE THAT I KNOW!

Edited by MaeJoMTB

The story was in the Daily News on Friday 3rd April 2015 and was reported as happening in the early hours of Friday morning (Thai time) at a snooker shop called 'Master Cues' in 'Railway (sp?) Plaza Today' shopping centre on Phrapokglao road, opposite Hua Hin train station.

Initial police investigations revealed that before he died he had visited the shop twice looking for his former Thai girlfriend but had been unable to locate her.

He was reported as being drunk at the time and flew into a rage smashing up the shop. At one point he kicked in the shop window injuring major blood vessels in his left thigh and right calf (possibly the femoral artery?). He began to bleed to death and was taken to Hua Hin hospital but they were unable to save him

I0NlXH6.jpg

Th2IQbP.jpg

Absolutely spot on from my local information. Where's the murder mystery here? There is none and you Thai bashers should &lt;deleted&gt; off home, you give us farangs that want to live here a bad name. Sadly Iain got pissed, lost his temper, then his life, through his own stupidity. That's the the 'facts' in this 'murder mystery'!!

• Like 2

Still more likely she (or an employee/lover) whacked his leg with a machete.

Unless you were there to witness the cutting.

Over 50 years in the UK, don't know anyone who died (or almost died) a violent death of any sort.

Been in CM 5 years, one pal murdered (death recorded as hit and run), two pals attempted murder (recorded as road accidents), 2 died slipping in showers (recorded as accidental death), one jumped from a balcony with two other men in the room (one dressed as a woman) recorded as suicide. No investigation or autopsy in any of these cases.

Not to mention the legit cases, one 40yo drank himself to death, one 45yo vegetable after m/c accident while drunk, one 50yo died of cancer

That's none in the UK over 50 years, 6 (+3) in CM over 5 years. PEOPLE THAT I KNOW!

Well mate, in this case your conspiracy theory is unfounded, he cut his leg open kicking the window in when he was pissed, probably whilst pissed off as well, that's very unfortunate, but it's also FACT! Before you make suggestions otherwise, check the facts, do some research, read and listen. People like you just propagate rumours and innuendo and do disservice to Thai's. The other cases you mention may not be what they seem, but don't assume without knowledge. As a matter of interest, did you lead a sheltered and blinkered life in the UK? I know people who died in hit and runs, not recorded as murder. I know many people who died in road accidents, not recorded as murder. A very good friend tripped at the top of the stairs at his home, fell and broke his neck, not recorded as murder, the coroner judged that he tripped over his dog! These things happen, frequently, elsewhere as well.

• Like 1

Scottish Daily Record has an interview with the girl which you can read online. Mind you I wouldn't hold the Record up as a bastion of journalism.

From what I have heard and I know the bar, (which is in Hua Hin, NOT Bangkok!) and the people in the picture with Patty who are pixeled out, the story sounds about right to me http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/thai-lover-scots-seaman-who-5470124

Edited by mikosan