90 Day Reporting Online - just did it

bluweyze

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone have any idea of the average waiting time from pending status to accept? I submitted my online application exactly 7 days before my report date the 21st of April, but that was during Songran

I submitted in the morning and was approved later the same day.

I can't get beyond the first page. There's a message "contact the Immigration office". Did that this afternoon, with a print-out of the first page, showing all the data entered. The three people working the 90-day report counter all looked at that page and couldn't find anything wrong. All they could say is "maybe it will work next time", as they processed my 90-day report the old-fashioned way. I asked them to look on their computer to see if Immigration's records were correct, but either they can't do or won't do that.

So I guess the answer is that they hope "the system" heals itself in the next 90 days.

I'm no more wiser about how to use this on-line reporting now than before I went to the Immigration office as instructed when I couldn't get past the first page.

I'm no more wiser about how to use this on-line reporting now than before I went to the Immigration office as instructed when I couldn't get past the first page.

Believe I remember you getting a new passport recently. If you look at the last 90 day printed out receipt there is a bar code. Under it is the nationality and passport number. Do they match up with your current number? I will be trying the online on the 27th, 15 days before expiration, and see what happens.

Believe I remember you getting a new passport recently. If you look at the last 90 day printed out receipt there is a bar code. Under it is the nationality and passport number. Do they match up with your current number? I will be trying the online on the 27th, 15 days before expiration, and see what happens.

Looked over the new receipt VERY carefully. Everything is exactly the way I entered on the first page of the on-line form. Passport number, name, gender, nationality. Unfortunately, it doesn't have the arrival card info. I wonder if that's the problem? We made a little trip and have new arrival cards from October. (but today's 90 day report was the 2nd since that trip)

Looked over the new receipt VERY carefully. Everything is exactly the way I entered on the first page of the on-line form. Passport number, name, gender, nationality. Unfortunately, it doesn't have the arrival card info. I wonder if that's the problem? We made a little trip and have new arrival cards from October. (but today's 90 day report was the 2nd since that trip)

It appears to me that this new system is very hit and miss. I read on one thread that make one error, however small, even a spelling mistake, and the form cancels out, won`t permit any retries until the next 90 day report is due.

Another part I don`t like about this, is the few days wait before being notified that the report has been accepted. At least when personally visiting Immigration it`s over and done with in one go. I am having second thoughts regarding using the 90 day online reporting system and perhaps less hassle to just go in person. Whatever, it`s all a pain in you know where.

For those who can't get the online system to work (or are so stressed out that they can't wait a week for their notification), then, heck, just use the mails. Actually going to Immigration for a 90-day address report would seem to be to way down the list of preferable things to do.

Just tried the online at 15 days before expiration, counting the end date to be safe. No luck and get the check with your immigration office message. I quadruple checked every detail based on my passport, previous 90 day reports and receipts, and it is correct. The only thing I found is regarding my arrival date. I entered in 1993, left to get a double entry non-immigrant visa and arrived back in Thailand in 1994. But their pull down calendar for selecting the entry date only goes back to 2005. So back to mail in for me.

Just tried the online at 15 days before expiration, counting the end date to be safe. No luck and get the check with your immigration office message. I quadruple checked every detail based on my passport, previous 90 day reports and receipts, and it is correct. The only thing I found is regarding my arrival date. I entered in 1993, left to get a double entry non-immigrant visa and arrived back in Thailand in 1994. But their pull down calendar for selecting the entry date only goes back to 2005. So back to mail in for me.

Tywais, you don't have to use the drop-down menu for the arrival date, you know.

Or we could all take up a collection for you to make a little trip.

I'd really like for more of us with problems to actually go "check with your immigration office" rather than just copping out and mailing in the report.

Or perhaps you want to set the record for being the last person in Chiang Mai to still be mailing in your 90 day report after the rest of us are filing on-line. Is that it?

Just like you're trying to set the record for having the oldest arrival card in your passport.smile.png

Tywais, you don't have to use the drop-down menu for the arrival date, you know.

I'd really like for more of us with problems to actually go "check with your immigration office" rather than just copping out and mailing in the report.

Or perhaps you want to set the record for being the last person in Chiang Mai to still be mailing in your 90 day report after the rest of us are filing on-line. Is that it?

Just like you're trying to set the record for having the oldest arrival card in your passport.smile.png

Someone in the other topic showed how to get further down into the dates so could finally select from the menu but same issue. I had already tried manually entering, menu entering, using different dates as my information is a bit complex due to multiple passports since arriving and a re-entry stamp date I tried. As for going in to 'ask', others have tried to no avail and I'm a busy person. Basically they were told to try again or go away. I'm not wasting my time for the same results and this is the 15 days before for applying by e-mail.

I spent a lot of time on the CM immigration website to try and find any contact information so I could ask but they have nothing. Even their FAQ forum is broken where they have a topic on 90 day reporting but you can't signup. In other words, I haven't been passive about this issue and trying my best to get the information.

Trust me Nancy, I want to be able to use the system as much as anyone. I spent ages using every combination to get it to work and it didn't. I have 90 days to see more reports here as to results and solutions.

Someone in the other topic showed how to get further down into the dates so could finally select from the menu but same issue. I had already tried manually entering, menu entering, using different dates as my information is a bit complex due to multiple passports since arriving and a re-entry stamp date I tried. As for going in to 'ask', others have tried to no avail and I'm a busy person. Basically they were told to try again or go away. I'm not wasting my time for the same results and this is the 15 days before for applying by e-mail.

I spent a lot of time on the CM immigration website to try and find any contact information so I could ask but they have nothing. Even their FAQ forum is broken where they have a topic on 90 day reporting but you can't signup. In other words, I haven't been passive about this issue and trying my best to get the information.

Trust me Nancy, I want to be able to use the system as much as anyone. I spent ages using every combination to get it to work and it didn't. I have 90 days to see more reports here as to results and solutions.

I guess we have the same day for reporting.

Anyway, got all the way through the 4 pages in about 2 minutes,very easy,so it's wait and see.

Tried for er indoors a couple of weeks ago could not get past the first page.

Have you tried the Immigration Helpline numbers 1111 and 1178.

If you need assistance in using the online service, you can call the Immigration Services Hotline at 1178 or 1111

A lot are having this problem Tywais. Some answers from someone would be helpful.

Don't TV have some connections in Immigration.

A lot are having this problem Tywais. Some answers from someone would be helpful.

Don't TV have some connections in Immigration.

If you believe Andrew Drummond and Stickman, the genesis of this website began with someone who has "connections" in Immigration. WPFflags.gif.pagespeed.ce.52UL_9jJ74QZn4

I agree. What else could you have done?

When my 90 day is almost due, I intend to make an attempt to use the online system 15 days prior to my 90 day report date. If it does not work the first time, than it will be a trip to Immigration for me. The same applies for the next time and so on until all the bugs are cleared from the system. I also agree that actually contacting Immigration directly seeking information regarding the so-called online system will be disappointing, personally I wouldn`t waste my time.

I advise everyone to do the same, if the online system fails you, than use other methods to complete the 90 day report until if and when it eventually works.

I hope that if all of us who try and fail to use the on-line system bring a "print screen" of our attempt with us to Immigration and follow the instruction to "contact your local Immigration office" and ask what we did wrong, eventually they'll figure out that a sizable number of us are having problems and perhaps can modify the system to show us where the mismatch occurs.

Just throwing in the towel and mailing in your report, or quietly going to Immigration and submitting your 90-day report with no mention that you had troubles isn't going to create the push to let them know there are problems.

Well I am afraid going to Imm to complain is not "throwing in the towel" for me just a trip I don't need when the outcome will be more frustration.They are quite aware there is a problem I'm sure they have been told many times and its in one ear and out the other,the counter staff have about as much influence as we do.

I have lost count of the times I have asked about a new office and what happened to the bar code system to cut down on paper work and been told "coming soon".

I have already got my next 2 - 90 day mail ins sitting in the draw ready to go. I guess eventually the on line system will work but going to the PO is no big deal for me neither is going to the

bank or shopping

Asking the counter staff about the new office or the bar code system is indeed pointless, but I don't think it's the same thing as asking them about what you did wrong when inputting your 90-day report on-line that caused you to receive a message that said "contact your local immigration office"

I think next time, if I receive this message, I will be more assertive, in a polite fashion, of course. I've found that sometimes works. After all, the computer screen said to "contact the local immigration office" that's what I came to do, so if the three fellows who scratched their heads over why my form wasn't accepted don't know what was the problem, who does? I have time. I can wait. Could I please see the person who would know what the problem is? Perhaps someone who would look up my record in their computer?

After all, what's the worst that could happen? I guess I could sit in the Immigration office waiting all day for someone who doesn't exist.

Asking the counter staff about the new office or the bar code system is indeed pointless, but I don't think it's the same thing as asking them about what you did wrong when inputting your 90-day report on-line that caused you to receive a message that said "contact your local immigration office"

I think next time, if I receive this message, I will be more assertive, in a polite fashion, of course. I've found that sometimes works. After all, the computer screen said to "contact the local immigration office" that's what I came to do, so if the three fellows who scratched their heads over why my form wasn't accepted don't know what was the problem, who does? I have time. I can wait. Could I please see the person who would know what the problem is? Perhaps someone who would look up my record in their computer?

After all, what's the worst that could happen? I guess I could sit in the Immigration office waiting all day for someone who doesn't exist.

True, he may not even be in Chiang Mai ! good luck........ meanwhile I've already invested 70 baht in stamps for the next 2 mail ins.

I went to Jomtien immigration to do my 90 day report as i was rejected and asked why i was rejected. They have not got a clue or cannot be bothered.

I asked if they could tell me my flight No as i did not know this so i left it blank they said they did not know this or could not be bothered to look it up for me, they said it is on my boarding card which i don't think anyone keeps after there flight. Final result they told me to phone up the airport to find out.

I was told that it is on my arrival card underneath the bar code, but when i entered Thailand i did not fill that bit in.So i guess it's my fault.

I don't know it , they don't know it !!!

I went to Jomtien immigration to do my 90 day report as i was rejected and asked why i was rejected. They have not got a clue or cannot be bothered.

I asked if they could tell me my flight No as i did not know this so i left it blank they said they did not know this or could not be bothered to look it up for me, they said it is on my boarding card which i don't think anyone keeps after there flight. Final result they told me to phone up the airport to find out.

I was told that it is on my arrival card underneath the bar code, but when i entered Thailand i did not fill that bit in.So i guess it's my fault.

I don't know it , they don't know it !!!

@DLP,

The flight number isn't one of the required fields as far as I remember, but as an aside, your flight number should be written above the entry stamp in your passport.

post-209671-0-15531600-1430223010_thumb.

• 2 weeks later...

Tried to do my 90 days check online a few minute ago. First step with personal information worked. After writing the patchacode, just come back to the same place again, and not to step 2. Am I doing something wrong here ? As far as I can see I followed the form exactly. Any ideas please ?

Sonny

Tried to do my 90 days check online a few minute ago. First step with personal information worked. After writing the patchacode, (three times) just come back to the same place again, and not to step 2. Am I doing something wrong here ? As far as I can see I followed the form exactly. Any ideas please ? I did use IE.

Sonny

Hope it get all fixed soon

As too many people are getting frustrated with the system not working

Maybe the system can not handle all the people using it

As many people are getting through to the pending stage, myself included, one of the problems seems to be nobody following up at Chiangmai Imm to approve or otherwise?

I will be going in this coming week with my "pending" form to see if anyone can give an answer. I fear it will be blank faces, but hope not!

Tried to do my 90 days check online a few minute ago. First step with personal information worked. After writing the patchacode, just come back to the same place again, and not to step 2. Am I doing something wrong here ? As far as I can see I followed the form exactly. Any ideas please ?

Sonny

Sounds like you didn't complete one of the sections marked with an asterix *

Look at the top of the page and in red it will tell you didn't complete all the relevant section.

Happened to me first time I did it. I forgot to check the MR box.

50 minutes today but circumstances conspired! Longest in 5 years by a long shot!

Had applied online on 27th April, remained at pending till now so had to go in before due date, just after the weekend and before Wednesday's holiday.

Was able to have a brief chat with an officer I know, asked him why my application was still pending, went through the,you should do this and that which I had. Then asked if it was actually working properly yet and he simply said NO!

Most of the wait was caused by people not having the correct documentation and having to go away to copy it, if they had to get another number then maybe they would learn but they continued to jump back in the queue causing a backlog. One guy had obviously said the wrong thing and was at the counter for most of the time I was there being ignored by the frazzled female officer.

Car park was full but now available again across the road at the garage.

Archived