33-year-old Brit found dead in Phuket hotel bathtub

webfact

33-year-old Brit found dead in Phuket hotel bath
Eakkapop Thongtub

1428376604_1-org.jpg
Police found two packs of Nytol on the bed, one was empty.

PHUKET: -- A 33-year-old British man was found drowned in a bath in a hotel room in Patong last night (April 6). Staff from the hotel discovered the body after the man failed to check-out.

At 11:30pm, Lt Thawatchai Simai from Kathu police was called to investigate an incident where the body of a British man had been found inside the bathroom of a room at the Baan Yindee Hotel on Mueanngern Rd in Patong.

Upon arrival at the hotel, police were led to a room where the body of the man (whose name has been witheld until his family has been informed) was laying on his side in a bath full of water.

Inside the room police found several bottles of alcohol, and two packs of Nytol on the bed, one was empty.

Police said there appeared to be no sign of an assault or fight on the man, or theft from the room.

A doctor has confirmed that the man suffered from heart attack and drowned in the bath and had been dead for 6-7 hours.

Staff at the hotel told police that the man had checked in at the hotel on March 23 and due to check out yesterday.

When the man failed to check-out staff went to check him. They knocked several times on his door and tried to call his room number but failed to receive an answer.

They opened the room and discovered the body of the man in the bath so called the police.

The man̕s body has been taken to Patong Hospital.

Staff at the hotel told police that the man had checked in at the hotel on March 23 and due to check out yesterday.

When the man failed to check-out staff went to check him. They knocked several times on his door and tried to call his room number but failed to receive an answer.

They opened the room and discovered the body of the man in the bath so called the police.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/33-year-old-brit-found-dead-in-phuket-hotel-bath-51764.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-04-07

• Like 2

Not the best destination at all. RIP, young man. Sounds like a very bad version of Hotel California. You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave..

God, what a sad way to remember how short life can be. My deepest condolences to his family and friends....

I'm truly amazed how fast they were to find out that it was a heart attack. No investigation needed? C'Mon.....wai2.gif

Edited by lostinisaan
  • Like 1

Anthihistamine overdose very rarely kills, and certainly not the amount in 1 strip. In addition, if affected by such when taking a bath, it is very rare to find a corpse on its side if assumed to have drowned.

Another great mystery unfolding.

and one more ..... it's crazy to see so many foreigners coming in thailand to kill themself ..... for sûre the same stupids on this site will say that it's normal and have much more in england . how many case every day in thailand with foreigners ????? and it just the beginning , believe me , the thai want always more and more money , but the choose the easy way to get it , the farangs .

• Like 1

Good spot, Jaffacakes1.

The photo isn't high enough res to be able to confirm that it's Xanax in the strips on the bed. But it is good enough to see that it is not Nytol.

Xanax likely to cause more problems than Nytol for sure, especially with alcohol.

Was the empty Nytol box left as a 'red herring' I wonder?

• Like 1

Just did a quick search and the manufacturers of Nytol do not recommend taking it with alcohol.

Can you do another search and find a drug they DO recommend taking with alcohol?

weed is nice, never noticed anything on the label about not taking with booze so must be ok.

• Like 2

Nytol blister pack vs Xanax blister pack.

Packet is even wrong size for box.

Now I'm no expert but....

nytol-night-box.jpgdscn7822.jpg

zolam come in an almost identical pack and have the same effect. Well noticed . There is a pack of nytol but the other blister packs are much more likely to be a benzodiazepine as they are packed in this way.

Just did a quick search and the manufacturers of Nytol do not recommend taking it with alcohol.

Can you do another search and find a drug they DO recommend taking with alcohol?

For some, that would be Coca-Cola ! whistling.gif

• Like 1

Good spot, Jaffacakes1.

The photo isn't high enough res to be able to confirm that it's Xanax in the strips on the bed. But it is good enough to see that it is not Nytol.

Xanax likely to cause more problems than Nytol for sure, especially with alcohol.

10 Xanax supersized with booze would put a Buffalo to sleep.

• Like 1

zolam come in an almost identical pack and have the same effect. Well noticed . There is a pack of nytol but the other blister packs are much more likely to be a benzodiazepine as they are packed in this way.

Well I sometimes take one of the ones shown on the right.They assist sleeping or stressful situations but hey ones enough and mixed with enough alcohol would not be advisable as with most drugs

Edited by Sparkles

hate to say it but could easily have been a drugged and robbed incident, no info on whether he was alone when going to his room, if the guy was on holiday and it was his last night I would very much doubt he was alone.

The sort of details that are conveniently left out of a news report like the involvement of a 3rd party

Easily done, if the guest was a female. I do believe an ID card would have been logged in at the front desk.

However, not everyone brings a girl in. He may of been in Phuket for other reasons.

Other visitors may show up on cam...if they had one..

Those details hardly ever get mentioned.

British consulate has been very busy, this year.....

• Like 1

What is the photo all about?

Is that evidence placed on the unslept in bed? Unbagged evidence, with out a single mark of fingerprint powders used on the key, Nytol box or other items conveniently displayed?

Is this supposed to be more impressive BIB work? It stinks, and I pity the family.

It certainly is a strange photo.

• Like 2

Good spot, Jaffacakes1.

10 Xanax supersized with booze would put a Buffalo to sleep.

I guess you slept well last night then?

Anthihistamine overdose very rarely kills, and certainly not the amount in 1 strip. In addition, if affected by such when taking a bath, it is very rare to find a corpse on its side if assumed to have drowned.

Another great mystery unfolding.

Maybe somebody helped him to drown?

...checkout is 11:00 or 12:00......police came at 11:00 p.m.........does that make any sense.....???

...if you need to sleep....with time zone differences...etc...get some melatonin...

....not a drug...natural...no interaction that I have heard of either...

glad someone in this thread noticed that. 10 Xanax and alcohol would surely kill you. The empty blister pak is not nytol.