33-year-old Brit found dead in Phuket hotel bathtub

webfact

and one more ..... it's crazy to see so many foreigners coming in thailand to kill themself ..... for sûre the same stupids on this site will say that it's normal and have much more in england . how many case every day in thailand with foreigners ????? and it just the beginning , believe me , the thai want always more and more money , but the choose the easy way to get it , the farangs .

ok genius give us the figures to prove you're onto something - because until you can you're just making a fool of yourself !!

A guy has a heart attack and dies and in one sentence you've got it linked to a Thai money extortion racket - I think you need help !

I crooks were involved would they pick on a 33 yo? Plenty of easier targets surely.

Odd that such a young man would die like this however his level of fitness, allergies are unknown to us.

hate to say it but could easily have been a drugged and robbed incident, no info on whether he was alone when going to his room, if the guy was on holiday and it was his last night I would very much doubt he was alone.

The sort of details that are conveniently left out of a news report like the involvement of a 3rd party

Possibly left any dirty stuff out considering he may have had a family back home. Obviously if you were a reporter you would stick as much shit in as possible and not give a shit who you could hurt.

• Like 1

hate to say it but could easily have been a drugged and robbed incident, no info on whether he was alone when going to his room, if the guy was on holiday and it was his last night I would very much doubt he was alone.

The sort of details that are conveniently left out of a news report like the involvement of a 3rd party

"hate to say it but could easily have been a drugged and robbed incident, "

Hate to say it?? There's a resident contingent on TV who live for just such another opportunity to create drama to brighten their days. And with the help of Google, many of them are pathologists, police and coroners able to deduce what happened from reading a rather simplistic news report.

Sorry for his death and equally sorry for the excitement it causes the flock of vultures .

• Like 2

Good spot, Jaffacakes1.

The photo isn't high enough res to be able to confirm that it's Xanax in the strips on the bed. But it is good enough to see that it is not Nytol.

Xanax likely to cause more problems than Nytol for sure, especially with alcohol.

Was the empty Nytol box left as a 'red herring' I wonder?

Maybe he took both.

...checkout is 11:00 or 12:00......police came at 11:00 p.m.........does that make any sense.....???

...if you need to sleep....with time zone differences...etc...get some melatonin...

....not a drug...natural...no interaction that I have heard of either...

Yes, the timeline as reported is curious. Police called at 1130pm. The man had been dead for 6 to 7 hours, meaning he was alive until at least 430pm, when he decided to take a bath.

When the man failed to check-out staff went to check him. They knocked several times on his door and tried to call his room number but failed to receive an answer.

They opened the room and discovered the body of the man in the bath so called the police.

They waited until 1130pm for the night shift to enter the room?

and one more ..... it's crazy to see so many foreigners coming in thailand to kill themself ..... for sûre the same stupids on this site will say that it's normal and have much more in england . how many case every day in thailand with foreigners ????? and it just the beginning , believe me , the thai want always more and more money , but the choose the easy way to get it , the farangs .

Please stop your Thai bashing bs immediately. Many of us have an honest Thai wife, kids, friends, colleagues, etc..

I truly hope you aren't living here. And if so, please take the next plane. I'm really sick and tired reading such sick posts.

• Like 2

First and formost my sincere condolences to the family and friends involved in this new tragedy.

What strickes me the most is the ease in which we all start playing sherlock holmes and with a reason.....

WE DON'T HAVE ANY FAITH AND TRUST IN EXISTING LAW ENFORCEMENT IN THIS COUNTRY!

Scary isn't it??

• Like 1

Yet again, sad news reported. Why is it that so many bad things seem to happen in the land of smiles and paradise? Do people really come to Thailand to commit suicide? Lovely looking women, foods not that bad too but what a mess this place really is in. Many more safer, cleaner, enjoyable, polite and just places for tourist to visit in Asia. Why go to Thailand with all its double standards, racism, BS , corruption, greed, filth, noise, insecure and unjust systems, visa horse apples,, Where do I stop! We all know the real truth about the place!

• Like 2

How does Doctor conform he died of a heart attack without an autopsy, RIP young man !!

Its just a falang-death so no money in it for BiB - solved as suicide, happens every week and many times more than once or twice ...

• Like 2

Anthihistamine overdose very rarely kills, and certainly not the amount in 1 strip. In addition, if affected by such when taking a bath, it is very rare to find a corpse on its side if assumed to have drowned.

Another great mystery unfolding.

What are you going on about? Where does it mention Antihistamines?

Nytol is a pretty strong sleeping pill, it is dangerous when taken with alcohol and it sounds like he took a few of them.

An awful lot of farangs die under strange circumstances in Thailand....it's all a bit odd with folk throwing themselves off balconies in tall buildings, drowning in bathtubs, falling off rocks and so forth.....if they all died on motorcycles I would understand, but this?

• Like 1

Good spot, Jaffacakes1.

The photo isn't high enough res to be able to confirm that it's Xanax in the strips on the bed. But it is good enough to see that it is not Nytol.

Xanax likely to cause more problems than Nytol for sure, especially with alcohol.

Was the empty Nytol box left as a 'red herring' I wonder?

Somebody just happend to have an empty Nytol box lying around! Oh yes, oh yes, oh yes! TV detectives strike again.

Nytol don't always come in those pretty blister packs. Some times they look just like the stuff on the bed. They aren't very strong and are obtainable over the counter in the UK so they must be piss poor for making you take the long sleep. Never worked well for me even for a nap.

How many short, black haired, slanty eyed women were seen slipping away with his wallet by the queue of Burmese who were waiting outside his door to get the blame for forcing him to have a heart attack in his bath and then having the damned temerity to lie on his side?

Poor bloke popping off at 33, but lucky enough to miss the big mystery game.

• Like 2

Anthihistamine overdose very rarely kills, and certainly not the amount in 1 strip. In addition, if affected by such when taking a bath, it is very rare to find a corpse on its side if assumed to have drowned.

Another great mystery unfolding.

What are you going on about? Where does it mention Antihistamines?

Nytol is a pretty strong sleeping pill, it is dangerous when taken with alcohol and it sounds like he took a few of them.

Antihistamines usually cause drowsiness and older ones are used as over the counter sleeping aids.

• Like 1

They do that just to annoy the Thaivisa Police Investigators.

Though it still doesn't take them long to solve it perfectly.... in their own sad little minds, of course.

• Like 2

I Think the front page News said heatstroke not heart attack and / or drowning! Or was that another person?

I stand corrected and with "glasses" on this time. ermm.gif Of course Heat wave and heart failure!

Edited by Felt 35

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

"hate to say it but could easily have been a drugged and robbed incident, "

Hate to say it?? There's a resident contingent on TV who live for just such another opportunity to create drama to brighten their days. And with the help of Google, many of them are pathologists, police and coroners able to deduce what happened from reading a rather simplistic news report.

Sorry for his death and equally sorry for the excitement it causes the flock of vultures .

"Hate to say it" but many deaths by misadventure and/or murder, in Thailand, are written off as "suicide" so lazy police can avoid paperwork, and Thailand's precious image to tourists is protected on the world stage.

This doesn't do much for a family back at home who may be relying on a life insurance payout, as this insurance, in general, does not cover suicide. Get the bigger picture????

I'm not saying this case is murder, or natural causes, but there have been numerous "suspicious" deaths of foreigners, called suicide by police, all over Thailand, which means the deceased's family may miss out on vital funds, due to the incompetence and/or laziness of Thai police.

Where does suicide come into this sad story? ... could easily be accidental death caused by too many pills mixed with alcohol .... or simply a heart attack in the bath .... 33 year olds have been known to have them ... but conspiracies are so much more fun for many TV members .... if its so bad here why not go home?

• Like 1