decent burger

willfreeman

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My fave chckburger is at Bamboo cafe on ratchawiti, they use a whole piece of white meat, with a crunchy coating, lot of tomato and onion slices, 85 baht, add homemade fries, for 30... is good.------PIZZA---- , also on Ratchawiti is the new to me place called Boutique Pasta (BP) ... shared a pizza there recently, very good and if you like to gorge, they have all you can eat pizza for 200 baht on Thursday and maybe monday. The endless pizza is made to order from a selection of 6 or so varieties. have heard that By hand or handmade? pizza on M.M. soi 7 has closed.

Lots of burger stalls opening out by me in Cmu area....nimman has some--Think park has Hiso fancy burgers

The Beast burger food truck on nimman sells out..is good but 140 is high for me but was good-small IMO

There is new Echo burger at cm gate--fills my need for 35 bt--basic--can upgrade--is pork --sells out

Also some on shutep rd behind Cmu--steak bars too--50bt....got a Hawaiian pork burger with cheddar

Think i saw some chix ones as well but not tried...also try Chef Kos steak on the shutep strip---offers

diff steak sauces---WINE sauce...and actually stopped cooking to wipe my table off--bravo chef--bravo!!!

And dare i say it when its late and i need a fix the 7-11 cheese burger with onion sauce--works for me! wai2.gif

Other than Dukes, would mention that Perns opened a new place (called Burns The Burger) which is about 50 yards east of the Zoe in Yellow place on Ratwithi (spelling?). Had a bacon cheeseburger and fries there a couple of weeks ago and it was very good. Noticed that they had a chicken cheese burger on the menu too.

Soi 1 Bar cafe Bakery is good. Check them out on Tripadvisor.

Be great if you can post back on the various burgers you find in your quest please. I am not a big burger eater but when I hanker for one, it's got to be a good one and not a Big Mac!!

My fave chckburger is at Bamboo cafe on ratchawiti, they use a whole piece of white meat, with a crunchy coating, lot of tomato and onion slices, 85 baht, add homemade fries, for 30... is good.------PIZZA---- , also on Ratchawiti is the new to me place called Boutique Pasta (BP) ... shared a pizza there recently, very good and if you like to gorge, they have all you can eat pizza for 200 baht on Thursday and maybe monday. The endless pizza is made to order from a selection of 6 or so varieties. have heard that By hand or handmade? pizza on M.M. soi 7 has closed.

mmmmm...

all you can eat.... 200 bath Boutique Pasta Thursday.......done deal

What time does that start? As soon as they Open? all day? all night?

Burgertoriums come and go, Fat Elvis is now a travel agency, but around the corner yet again on Ratchawiti, is a new place called Burgers and spring rolls, interesting combo, big new place (air con !!!) always seems empty but I noticed they are doing some discounting promos so maybe worth a check out. BOIGAS... The old Mikes on the corner is now BBs and I chanced a try there a couple months ago, opted for one of tne bigger beef burgers and was surprised at the good taste, the bun was still the cheapes possible.

re

Perns opened a new place (called Burns The Burger) which is about 50 yards east of the Zoe in Yellow place

hes right ! .. here ya go smile.png

dave2

The guy who owns Perns was the first owner of Mike's Burgers after Mike sold it. Mike's Burgers was still pretty good back then, so might be a good sign.

I went to a few spots. Only decent burger I found was at BK's.

PS unless i trust a place completely (that excludes most restaurants in TL) ,

I get a burger cooked to medium at a minimum.

Get a bad medium rare burger and you will know the meaning of the word "PAIN".

just a word to the wise........

Don't know BUT that stuff above the Tomato and Lettuce looks very much like what comes out of a can of my Dog's favourite food.

My mum said roughage or ruffage, was always good for you...... I now beg to differ

Went to the old Mikes Burgers at the moat a few nights ago.. Not good at all, small, cheap buns, bare minimum condiments.. I'd go to McDonalds before I'd go back there.. Beast Burger on Nimman is pretty good, but still the best that I've had, is at Dukes Riverside, in my opinion..

ROCK ME BURGER is the best Burger I have had in chiang mai in almost 10years

If you want it cooked more just ask but they use premium beef and just like at Chez Marcos they dont overcook their steak since overcooking dries it out.

If you have not tried Rock Me Burger the do it you will not be dissapointed the potato wedges/Chips are awesome too

Went to the old Mikes Burgers at the moat a few nights ago.. Not good at all, small, cheap buns, bare minimum condiments.. I'd go to McDonalds before I'd go back there.. Beast Burger on Nimman is pretty good, but still the best that I've had, is at Dukes Riverside, in my opinion..

Had to mention MacDonalds? I don't really know if they can flatten out a patty any thinner...I broke a 55 year old habit of eating big macs. something wrong when you no longer taste any beef...just the special sauce and lettuce on a thick bun.

Archived