decent burger

willfreeman

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My fave chckburger is at Bamboo cafe on ratchawiti, they use a whole piece of white meat, with a crunchy coating, lot of tomato and onion slices, 85 baht, add homemade fries, for 30... is good.------PIZZA---- , also on Ratchawiti is the new to me place called Boutique Pasta (BP) ... shared a pizza there recently, very good and if you like to gorge, they have all you can eat pizza for 200 baht on Thursday and maybe monday. The endless pizza is made to order from a selection of 6 or so varieties. have heard that By hand or handmade? pizza on M.M. soi 7 has closed.

After experiencing the same at the CM saloon next door for 125bt I decided to make my own.

Off to makro; baguette 60cm long 25bt really fat chicken breast 16bt one onion 3bt one potato 10bt...expensive.

Had half a red pepper left. Lettuce did without; bought a large chang beer instead 50bt.

Sliced the chicken fried it chipped the spud and made 3sandwiches equal to the size of the Saloon.

Total price 104bt......for two of us.

Beautiful setting; beautiful company anf a great effort by me.

I think to boot it all we had sex as well.

Not sharing my diy tips on this one.

Lots of burger stalls opening out by me in Cmu area....nimman has some--Think park has Hiso fancy burgers

The Beast burger food truck on nimman sells out..is good but 140 is high for me but was good-small IMO

There is new Echo burger at cm gate--fills my need for 35 bt--basic--can upgrade--is pork --sells out

Also some on shutep rd behind Cmu--steak bars too--50bt....got a Hawaiian pork burger with cheddar

Think i saw some chix ones as well but not tried...also try Chef Kos steak on the shutep strip---offers

diff steak sauces---WINE sauce...and actually stopped cooking to wipe my table off--bravo chef--bravo!!!

And dare i say it when its late and i need a fix the 7-11 cheese burger with onion sauce--works for me! wai2.gif

Another gourmet, eh?

Buy 2, 7 - 11 burgers, fill the carry bags with as many toppings you can force in, go home add some favorites from your frige, throw away, or save 1 set of buns, make your own Big Mac and save a bundle !

Must be good with instant noodles

Lots of burger stalls opening out by me in Cmu area....nimman has some--Think park has Hiso fancy burgers

The Beast burger food truck on nimman sells out..is good but 140 is high for me but was good-small IMO

There is new Echo burger at cm gate--fills my need for 35 bt--basic--can upgrade--is pork --sells out

Also some on shutep rd behind Cmu--steak bars too--50bt....got a Hawaiian pork burger with cheddar

Think i saw some chix ones as well but not tried...also try Chef Kos steak on the shutep strip---offers

diff steak sauces---WINE sauce...and actually stopped cooking to wipe my table off--bravo chef--bravo!!!

And dare i say it when its late and i need a fix the 7-11 cheese burger with onion sauce--works for me! wai2.gif

Another gourmet, eh?

As far as Hiso or gourmet---the one in THINK Park is fusion--never seem to be open..maybe early

and down the street beast burger comes in 2nd...had BB..was good but small for 140 IMO...thumbsup.gif

Value for money and taste: Echo Burger at the CM Gate, 35 for a basic, 50 baht for a burger with bacon and cheese.

Only problem is the wait, they've got a small setup and often the hot plate is full, is definitely popular since it opened a couple of months back.

Buy 2, 7 - 11 burgers, fill the carry bags with as many toppings you can force in, go home add some favorites from your frige, throw away, or save 1 set of buns, make your own Big Mac and save a bundle !

Wash it down with some Siam Sato and put the fan on no.3 setting.

re

Perns opened a new place (called Burns The Burger) which is about 50 yards east of the Zoe in Yellow place

hes right ! .. here ya go smile.png

dave2

The guy who owns Perns was the first owner of Mike's Burgers after Mike sold it. Mike's Burgers was still pretty good back then, so might be a good sign.

I could had guessed with the paint job of the place..... As for Mike's, I ate there once when I first came to CM back in 2009 and I burger I had was pretty gross.... never went back.

Seems to me it is hard to really talk about the best burgers. We have the expensive ones with every thing on them and then we have the ones like at Gecko's inexpensive char broiled pretty much put your own condiments on to your satisfaction.

I love like the Whopper and the Joe's special at Dukes. But they are not really comparable. Been meaning to get over to Orange on hallafil street by the mosque in the night bazaar area. His are not high priced and he spent many years in Chicago. So I would imagine they are good. Will check it out one of these days.

Then there is 7/11 McDonalds plain burger and other inexpensive offerings.

You spend so little on the food, might as well turn on the a/c.

Been meaning to get over to Orange on hallafil street by the mosque in the night bazaar area. His are not high priced and he spent many years in Chicago. So I would imagine they are good. Will check it out one of these days.

Reno, the owner of Orange Burger is a great guy. The burgers are not worth a special trip however. Never had one of his Chicago hotdogs. Maybe they are O.K. as he sold hotdogs for 15 years in Chicago.

You spend so little on the food, might as well turn on the a/c.

I am guessing anyone who makes there own Big Mac out 7-11 burgers and has a bottle of Siam Sato with it won't have any aircon to turn on.

Soi 1 Bar cafe Bakery is good. Check them out on Tripadvisor.

Be great if you can post back on the various burgers you find in your quest please. I am not a big burger eater but when I hanker for one, it's got to be a good one and not a Big Mac!!

Some new places for me to try here I see, but at the moment my vote also goes to the Soi 1 restaurant.

What is sad however is that the Soi 1 "big" beef burger is almost twice the price of the fabled White Plate mango burger, and perhaps only half as good. That's how incredibly good the White Plate mango burger was. Any other burger I've ever tasted pales in comparison to it, and that is before I even consider the very reasonable price of the White Plate burger.

Still, I have eaten the Soi 1 beef burger a handful of times now, and both quality and consistency has been good. Looking forward to trying out some of the other places mentioned her. E.g., Rock Me Burger.

After firing up the wet smoker today & making a bunch of chicken 2k for the family + smoking another batch of fish today for them - made up some burgers for me Mesquite smoked....after eating them just told the wife that even though turned out very good/well flavored that I really enjoy the Duke burger better when we go there and up pops this thread - Dukes gets my vote...

Interesting comments. I notice that street spelling is inconsistent and there are no maps attached.

Hmm; few posts but enough for you to realize that English spelling of Thai words is inconsistent due normally to how the person hears the Thai word pronounced.

Google can be your friend too - here ya go:

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Chiang+Mai+International+Airport/@18.7908758,98.9885828,17z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x30da3088e698f189:0xa02474e3fd934597?hl=en

You're welcome.... wink.png

Dont eat burgers very often but when I do I sometimes eat at Chiang Mai Saloon, which have shops in Loy Kroh and one in Rathiwi rd. Can add on different extras and tastes great. Not cheap though....

When Hubby is in the mood for a burger often he goes to Pern's -- best in our neighborhood. I've had them a few times and agree they're good, although I'm not a burger fan. I've gotta believe the new Burn's burger's are just as good or better. Whenever we got to Duke's or order in Duke's from Meals on Wheels, Hubby sometimes orders a burger, too, although they have so many good items on their menu, it's just too difficult to make a decision some times. Actually, we often prefer to enjoy Duke's at home. That way we can order in W-A-Y too much food and put the pizza in the reefer for later. Nothing like cold pizza the next day. Yum.

Reefer -- refrigerator, U.S. slang. Not as common as fridge. Actually may just be slang in our extended family. I know my step-nieces and nephews use it.

leftover pizza cold from the reefer is much better than leftover pizza reheated, agreed.

I do not frequent Dukes, but last night we went to Dukes (Night Market) and I had a Duke's Burger....and Hot Wings which were also really good.

Have to say it was very good. Big, tasty and well put together. Zero defects.

Highly recommended, and I don't often recommend places to eat...

Reefer -- refrigerator, U.S. slang. Not as common as fridge. Actually may just be slang in our extended family. I know my step-nieces and nephews use it.

leftover pizza cold from the reefer is much better than leftover pizza reheated, agreed.

A "reefer" is the typical American term for a refrigerated truck. Have never heard it used to describe a refrigerator (and I'm a Michigander too). Oh....yea....a "reefer" is also slang for a rolled stogie of Maui Wowie, Columbian Gold, and the million other terms for marijuana.

But have to agree with you about pizza warmed up in a microwave. Tastes like .......not so good.

A "reefer" is the typical American term for a refrigerated truck. Have never heard it used to describe a refrigerator (and I'm a Michigander too). Oh....yea....a "reefer" is also slang for a rolled stogie of Maui Wowie, Columbian Gold, and the million other terms for marijuana.

But have to agree with you about pizza warmed up in a microwave. Tastes like .......not so good.

... unless you've had a reefer and got the munchies ... 55

Archived