decent burger

willfreeman

re

I just had a pork burger with bacon and cheese from 7-11 for 39bht.

It was OK.

a star is born .... sorry i couldnt resist :)

just joshin .. dave2

ps .. i know someone who has two of these for supper most nights :(

post-42592-0-58040600-1429008940_thumb.j

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was OK.

They're surprisingly edible......and this is from someone who would not be seen dead in a McDonalds.

I wish I hadn't posted now, my 7-11 were sold out this morning .........

ROCK ME BURGER is the best Burger I have had in chiang mai in almost 10years

If you want it cooked more just ask but they use premium beef and just like at Chez Marcos they dont overcook their steak since overcooking dries it out.

If you have not tried Rock Me Burger the do it you will not be dissapointed the potato wedges/Chips are awesome too

Just read all the reviews about Rock Me Burger on trip adviser, looks good. .. Do they have parking for cars?

Rock Me Burger is a roadside establishment on LoiKroh rd.,if lucky,possible to park at curb-side...otherwise,park & walk.

Ya, the burgers look great,but I have to wonder if the person who conceived of the thing has actually even tried eating it themselves.

I sat and had a beer there one night and watched a group of backpackers have a go, I almost choked on my beer from laughter as I watched the three of them in unison pick-up,take a bite and again in unison,gasp as half the burger ended up in their laps!........ Thais are always big on the idea of 'form' and usually pay little to no attention to 'content'...yes, a burger should look good and taste better but at the same time should be constructed to be eaten without making a huge mess....oh well,anyways, nice place and a cool group of Thai-guys doing the flip'n right in front of yo-eyes...... good luck and proceed with culinary caution biggrin.png

It was OK.

They're surprisingly edible......and this is from someone who would not be seen dead in a McDonalds.

Having seen these recommendations I decided to try one of these last night. You guys are having a laugh, right? Very soft bun and overall experience like chewing slightly flavoured cardboard.

But well done- you caught me at least. Never again, and I am not a picky eater

• 2 weeks later...

It was OK.

Having seen these recommendations I decided to try one of these last night. You guys are having a laugh, right? Very soft bun and overall experience like chewing slightly flavoured cardboard.

Hey I said they were edible didn't say from le Gavroche or Madame Prunier's.

Sorry.

Sorry.

So what was the point of your post? The op was asking about decent burgers and your contribution is to mention 7-11, where the burgers are 'edible' . Every burger in town is edible, good, horrible or indifferent. Maybe he should have been more specific and asked about decent burgers over 40 baht.

One doubt I would have bout 39b burgers (with cheese and bacon!) would be what's in that patty. Decent beef would have to cost at least 300 b a kilo and assuming the patty would cost maybe only 10 baht, then maybe they couldn't even afford to use this...

post-181944-0-37937700-1430033808_thumb.

Had my first burger at Rock Me Burger...

It was OK nothing fantastic. They depended on the scrambled egg and 150 gram patty. Not a problem holding it together if you are paying attention. But defiantly need more than pieces of toilet paper to clean your hands should have a sink there to rinse them after eating one. Next time I am going to have mine with the yolk broke and over easy. Also crisp bacon on it.

It is the restaurant for the Ramong (Raming) Lodge. Not 100% sure of the name. I had a buffet breakfast there years ago and it was not bad. Have to try it again some day.

It is on La Kroh towards the moat on the north side of the road.

Had my first burger at Rock Me Burger...

It was OK nothing fantastic. They depended on the scrambled egg and 150 gram patty. Not a problem holding it together if you are paying attention. But defiantly need more than pieces of toilet paper to clean your hands should have a sink there to rinse them after eating one. Next time I am going to have mine with the yolk broke and over easy. Also crisp bacon on it.

It is the restaurant for the Ramong (Raming) Lodge. Not 100% sure of the name. I had a buffet breakfast there years ago and it was not bad. Have to try it again some day.

It is on La Kroh towards the moat on the north side of the road.

11057320_562704283866486_836156995409672

https://www.facebook.com/Rockmeburger

Sorry.

So what was the point of your post? The op was asking about decent burgers and your contribution is to mention 7-11, where the burgers are 'edible' . Every burger in town is edible, good, horrible or indifferent. Maybe he should have been more specific and asked about decent burgers over 40 baht.

OK I'll admit it.

I quite enjoyed them.

They are a big step up from previous editions of low end fast food.

I thought it was worth people knowing.

So sorry i didn't quite get the classification of the subject right I must study the manual better next time.

I tried a Chilli cheese burger from Burns Burger yesterday and at 120 baht was pleasantly surprised. Burns Burger is after UN Irish and before Zoe on Yellow. Its certainly a fast food joint but they do have places to sit and the staff are very attentive. I will return to this place and try the other burgers and if the Chilli cheese is anything to go by, I dont think Ill be disappointed.

Worth a try in my opinion

My best in SEA was The White Plate in JJ's market. It was as good as a burger in San Francisco in a good restaurant. I don't know how he did it and I don't know how the place failed.

Where there's a will there's away.laugh.png

i agree! best burger around and i've had burgers at gordon ramsay's and the like. not sure if it really failed. the owner had another business back home (australia?) and left to pursue that which seemed to be a very lucrative future. he told me once that he looked at the 'white plate' more as a hobby. i'm not sure, but i think he sold it or handed it off to a friend who did not seem to care at all.

sad

sad

sad

- jf

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The best burger I have had anywhere in Thailand to this day was at the Farang Connection in Surin when Martin was the owner. As I said all others make a go and a flush. alt=biggrin.png>

My best in SEA was The White Plate in JJ's market. It was as good as a burger in San Francisco in a good restaurant. I don't know how he did it and I don't know how the place failed.

Well maybe you two could start a thread on Best Burgers in Chiang Mai that are no longer here. Have gone out of business.tongue.png

• 4 months later...

I know this is an old thread, but it is an important topic for some people. I had the 250 gram Australian beef burger at Beer Lab last night, it was very good. Big, juicy, tasty, and definitely not health food. I don't know how it stacks up against burgers in other parts of Chiang Mai, but it is definitely the best I've found in the Nimmanhamin area. 250 baht, not cheap but not outrageous for that much imported meat.

Unfortunately the 300 baht pints at Beer Lab remain hit or miss, and the Brewdog IPA last night was a miss--a little flat and not as fresh as it should be.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The best burger I have had anywhere in Thailand to this day was at the Farang Connection in Surin when Martin was the owner. As I said all others make a go and a flush. alt=biggrin.png>

Well maybe you two could start a thread on Best Burgers in Chiang Mai that are no longer here. Have gone out of business.tongue.png

Best burger in Frisco is at Bruno's ..... onions and flavoring are mixed into the burger then pan flamed on the grill in olive oil.....Served in a hollowed out authentic SF sourdough loaf → 1/3 - 1/2.....like heaven.....

Closest - and better IMO = Papa Rocks....After giving up on an exceptional burger here I finally found it there ....7" across on a homemade bun - In spite of myself have one a week there.....Keep thinking I'll have something else but can't get past the burger.....Order a Big Bopper burger and a 4 Tops pizza and eat there....sometimes order the ham or pastrami or chicken to go to try but aways end up back to the burger......

2nd - Dukes.....Have tried others around town and seen pics of others that looked obscene.....I'll stand on these two for presentation, quality, and taste.....

Duke's can make a decent burger, but the last time I went to the riverside location, the meat had all the juices cooked out of it and the fries were literally glistening with oil. Either their standards aren't standard, or they have started to lose the plot, or both.

Shame too, as when they have their mojo working, the burgers are pretty ok.

Duke's can make a decent burger, but the last time I went to the riverside location, the meat had all the juices cooked out of it and the fries were literally glistening with oil. Either their standards aren't standard, or they have started to lose the plot, or both.

Shame too, as when they have their mojo working, the burgers are pretty ok.

Tend to agree → think their A team talent got spread out and the Riverside location is now their training center.....Not sure which one to frequent anymore.....50/50 now.....Sadly.....

Archived