Girlfriend of British Man who bled to death in Hua Hin speaks out

webfact

Girlfriend of British Man who bled to death in Hua Hin speaks out

hh.jpg

The girlfriend of Iain Mackay, who died after cutting himself when he kicked a mirror has spoken out to a UK, based newspaper.

Since reports emerged that the Scottish seaman kicked a mirror causing a fatal injury after seeing his girlfriend with another man, his girlfriend Nilobon has told a UK newspaper that the incident was nothing other than a horrible accident and she had no part in the tragedy, despite being accused by many of indirectly causing the fatal accident.

Nilobon, known locally as Patty has been quoted as saying that she was shocked and upset about what has happened and that she thought that Iain was a lovely man. She wants people to know that she had nothing to do with his death, especially those who have been calling her telling her she should leave Hua Hin.

Reports suggest that 40 year old Iain went into a bar where Patty works and became infuriated when he discovered she was not there. Police have said that in his rage he kicked a wall mirror and in doing so severed an artery in one leg and badly injuring the other one.

Reports on social media sites suggest that his rage came about because he believed Patty was with another man, a claim that she denies. Friends of Iain’s on Facebook claimed that hours before his death he had posted a video of Patty and another man drinking together.

Patty told reporters that she and Iain met about three years ago in Bangkok. Iain worked away and spent his free time living with Patty at her home in Hua Hin. She claimed that the relationship had been going well, despite him having to go away for two months at a time, however his last trip took him away for six months and when he returned to her on the 22nd of March the couple decided to put their relationship on hold.

Patty told reporters that she picked him up from the airport and everything seemed to be OK until he told her they had things to discuss. During that discussion he told her that he was having trouble settling down in one place and making the relationship work. He went on to say that he did not think the couple had a future together. She said she agreed as she had found his six month absence hard to handle, despite still loving him. Iain moved into a hotel but still kept in touch with Patty, even doing his laundry at her home.

Patty says that she was on the beach with her son prior to the incident that resulted in Iain’s death. She said on her way home she met Iain in a beer garden where the pair enjoyed a drink and something to eat. She left around 6pm when she said Iain was in a good frame of mind and seemed to be happy. She said he had planned to go out and get drunk as he had just finished a long shift at work and felt like enjoying his holiday.

Later on that night she says she saw Iain hanging around on a pavement outside the bar she was drinking in with friends. She said that he appeared to be drunk when he came up to her and started shouting at her, as it was now 1am she decided to return home. Patty said that she asked Iain if he wanted her to take him home, but he declined the offer saying he was having too much fun. She thought no more of the incident until the following morning when the police arrived to inform her of his death.

She was informed that Iain had gone to the Master Cues Pool Bar to look for her at around 3am, when she was not to be found he kicked the mirror. She went on to say that this was not the first time that Iain had lost control through drink, but it was not something that had happened recently. She also said that she had been in contact with his family who had been very supportive towards her.

She stressed that Iain was not a violent man but alcohol sometimes caused him to be confused and on the odd occasion that had happened he had always been very apologetic the following day. She said “He had a very good heart and I really loved him”. So far his family have declined to comment on the incident.

samuitimes-logo.jpg
-- Samui Times 2015-04-08

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If that had happened in the real world, somebody would have rushed and tighten the leg from the top to stop the bleeding.

Probably in this world of Thailand, people were watching him dying waiting for the Emergency services to arrive and may be taking photographs.

I hope I'm wrong with what I'm saying but I don't think I'm far away from the truth.

May he Rests in Peace.

If that had happened in the real world, somebody would have rushed and tighten the leg from the top to stop the bleeding.

Probably in this world of Thailand, people were watching him dying waiting for the Emergency services to arrive and may be taking photographs.

I hope I'm wrong with what I'm saying but I don't think I'm far away from the truth.

May he Rests in Peace.

lol, you're brilliant

I'm still trying to fathom out how you sever a main leg artery by kicking a "wall mirror", unless it fell off the wall in huge slices and his leg fell on a piece or the wall was hollow.

Yeah exactly.

In fact it says that he "severed an artery in one leg and badly injuring the other one.", so there must have been 2 large chunks of mirror that just happened to fall off the wall and just happened to cut deeply into both of this legs. hmmmmm

I mean, to penetrate deep into the legs the mirror must have fallen from a height to have pickup up enough momentum, or like you said have been a very large and heavy chunk of mirror with a couple of small pointing juts that happened to catch his legs...

Your last point about the hollow wall is most likely if his injuries were actually caused from a mirror. I once knocked to hard on a friends front door (whilst drunk) and my hand went straight through, cutting my wrist quite badly, so it is doable.

RIP. But bar girl, relationship on hold? And he freaks because she's not waiting for him the moment he beckons. Why do some men think they own their Thai gf.

Because they put so much money in them that it feels like they bought them?

RIP. But bar girl, relationship on hold? And he freaks because she's not waiting for him the moment he beckons. Why do some men think they own their Thai gf.

There is nothing in the piece saying she is a bar girl, Bar girls are not the only women farang meet in Thailand.

I'm still trying to fathom out how you sever a main leg artery by kicking a "wall mirror", unless it fell off the wall in huge slices and his leg fell on a piece or the wall was hollow.

It's easily done, given that he was also drinking he could have bled out in minutes, catastrophic bleeding unless you get to the pressure point in time will result in a fatality and don't forget not everyone is FPOS Is trained especially in the application of tourniquets.

Sounds like a tragic accident brought on by his own rage.

Hell of a way to go out though.

People are over thinking this whole unfortunate scenario.

From the original news article, he was working for a company in a particularly stressed part of the oil business. Who knows, he possibly has just been laid off, hence his alleged wish to put things on hold.

In the end, the guy was drunk and out of his senses and made some very bad choices.

News just in!... flying glass can cut you!

There is nothing in the piece saying she is a bar girl, Bar girls are not the only women farang meet in Thailand.

It's a large part of this crowd here, obviously. Every Thai women according to these guys is either a bar girl or out to 'steal' all their money. It does get tiresome.

Yeah exactly.

In fact it says that he "severed an artery in one leg and badly injuring the other one.", so there must have been 2 large chunks of mirror that just happened to fall off the wall and just happened to cut deeply into both of this legs. hmmmmm

I mean, to penetrate deep into the legs the mirror must have fallen from a height to have pickup up enough momentum, or like you said have been a very large and heavy chunk of mirror with a couple of small pointing juts that happened to catch his legs...

Your last point about the hollow wall is most likely if his injuries were actually caused from a mirror. I once knocked to hard on a friends front door (whilst drunk) and my hand went straight through, cutting my wrist quite badly, so it is doable.

There is an artery that goes all the way down to you're ankles, as there is a pressure point there. It didn't state where the wounds were but a quick prognosis of him kicking it especially if he was not wearing proper footwear could very very easily slash his feet/artery.

You never seen a mirror explode when it gets hit with an object? I have, same with plate glass, seen it happen at a Club back in the UK when a drunk clubbed thought he'd be smart and boot the door in, except it don't go in the way, it bounced out and broke and parts stuck in his thigh, he was lucky as it didn't severe any arteries.

End of the day, as usual, you check out when you least expect it.....His girlfriends account of their life together sounded plausible and honest.... He, not a bad bloke, but by her account, able to fire up and lose his temper because of alcohol....Had a temper that was generally kept under control, but on this night, got full of booze, lost his way, lost his thoughts, then lost his temper.....kicking a mirror is exactly the same as kicking glass, as thats all a mirror is. Glass with a reflective coating.....Kick glass, or punch glass, and the greater chance is you will cut yourself, and unfortunately as God or Buddha has it, this kick did cause a cut that struck an atery....not an uncommon event, it happens, and sometime due to the injury, and the angle on which the arterey was cut, it is impossible to stem the flow of blood. I believe her account to be genuine, and this was just another sad accident that could happen the world over.....R.I.P

Reading her story she sounds so sweet and innocent ... to me nothing more than a load of b/s.

So what do you think she did? Wish bad karma upon him that caused him to kick a mirror, have an artery severed by a shard of glass, and it is all her fault that he in this instance he had no control of his temper....Yeh, you are right......its plausible that it is B.S, and that she automated this unfortunate death by a newly aquired app she installed on her phone called, "Kill foriegn boyfriend through his own stupidity" She only played the app once, and obviously it worked......Im so sick of Thai Bashers.....So sick of it.... I really wonder if some of you have been to Thailand.....Seriously...

Some of you guy's really have to read your posts before pressing that button at the bottom, you also require drastically a course in manners and thoughtful comment.

The number of you who use derogatory language when referring to the lady involved is disgusting, I would guess not one of you know her, have spoken with her, or even know some one who does know her, yet you refer to her as a "bar girl" when we know what you actually mean. One poster actually used the word "whore" in his short and irrelevant comment.

What is wrong with you people? have you no idea at all that this poor man's family may well be reading your thoughtless and stupid comments? Are your lives so sad and empty that you don't think of the other people involved in this sad and tragic event?

None of us are perfect but some of you out there really are the dregs of society...

May he Rests in Peace.

It sounds (from the report) that he was in a bathroom when he kicked the mirror. Major artery severed - you can bleed out in just a few minutes. It is entirely possible that he was not found until long after he had died.

Archived