Girlfriend of British Man who bled to death in Hua Hin speaks out

webfact

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

End of the day, as usual, you check out when you least expect it.....His girlfriends account of their life together sounded plausible and honest.... He, not a bad bloke, but by her account, able to fire up and lose his temper because of alcohol....Had a temper that was generally kept under control, but on this night, got full of booze, lost his way, lost his thoughts, then lost his temper.....kicking a mirror is exactly the same as kicking glass, as thats all a mirror is. Glass with a reflective coating.....Kick glass, or punch glass, and the greater chance is you will cut yourself, and unfortunately as God or Buddha has it, this kick did cause a cut that struck an atery....not an uncommon event, it happens, and sometime due to the injury, and the angle on which the arterey was cut, it is impossible to stem the flow of blood. I believe her account to be genuine, and this was just another sad accident that could happen the world over.....R.I.P

Why is this kind of "normal" comment in the minority on this site? some consideration and common sense mingled with the few facts as we know them, it's not that hard to do is it?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

End of the day, as usual, you check out when you least expect it.....His girlfriends account of their life together sounded plausible and honest.... He, not a bad bloke, but by her account, able to fire up and lose his temper because of alcohol....Had a temper that was generally kept under control, but on this night, got full of booze, lost his way, lost his thoughts, then lost his temper.....kicking a mirror is exactly the same as kicking glass, as thats all a mirror is. Glass with a reflective coating.....Kick glass, or punch glass, and the greater chance is you will cut yourself, and unfortunately as God or Buddha has it, this kick did cause a cut that struck an atery....not an uncommon event, it happens, and sometime due to the injury, and the angle on which the arterey was cut, it is impossible to stem the flow of blood. I believe her account to be genuine, and this was just another sad accident that could happen the world over.....R.I.P

Why is this kind of "normal" comment in the minority on this site? some consideration and common sense mingled with the few facts as we know them, it's not that hard to do is it?

If that had happened in the real world, somebody would have rushed and tighten the leg from the top to stop the bleeding.

Probably in this world of Thailand, people were watching him dying waiting for the Emergency services to arrive and may be taking photographs.

I hope I'm wrong with what I'm saying but I don't think I'm far away from the truth.

May he Rests in Peace.

Well, this is how Malaysian Chinese would handle the situation...scoffing at the disgusting gwailoh while he's bleeding out. Thailand? I've only visited many times, but not lived there yet.

If that had happened in the real world, somebody would have rushed and tighten the leg from the top to stop the bleeding.

Probably in this world of Thailand, people were watching him dying waiting for the Emergency services to arrive and may be taking photographs.

I hope I'm wrong with what I'm saying but I don't think I'm far away from the truth.

May he Rests in Peace.

But his happened in Thailand ( the hub of HIV)

I wouldn't have gone near it either.

Some of you guy's really have to read your posts before pressing that button at the bottom, you also require drastically a course in manners and thoughtful comment.

The number of you who use derogatory language when referring to the lady involved is disgusting, I would guess not one of you know her, have spoken with her, or even know some one who does know her, yet you refer to her as a "bar girl" when we know what you actually mean. One poster actually used the word "whore" in his short and irrelevant comment.

What is wrong with you people? have you no idea at all that this poor man's family may well be reading your thoughtless and stupid comments? Are your lives so sad and empty that you don't think of the other people involved in this sad and tragic event?

None of us are perfect but some of you out there really are the dregs of society...

The story goes pretty much along the lines of a crazy bg/farang relationship, if you cant extrapolate that by what is in the story as posted, you might need to read more, of course that maybe be wrong but putting 2 and 2 together it normally makes 4.

rip to guy

May he Rests in Peace.

Really? Possibly blood gushing? Would like to think I would do as you say but in the real situation not so sure.

RIP. But bar girl, relationship on hold? And he freaks because she's not waiting for him the moment he beckons. Why do some men think they own their Thai gf.

There is nothing in the piece saying she is a bar girl, Bar girls are not the only women farang meet in Thailand.

It's a large part of this crowd here, obviously. Every Thai women according to these guys is either a bar girl or out to 'steal' all their money. It does get tiresome.

What gets tiresome is the way most Thai women behave...

Unfortunately, Bignose, it seems too many people are angry or prejudiced, or nursing some grudge(s)!

It is not only on Thai Visa, but extremely wide spread. Just go to other news forums (Yahoo News, for example), and read the comments.

However, it is refreshing to find an oasis (or two) of calm and reason clap2.gif in the desert of abuse and criticism.

Stay calm and reasonable smile.png .

I'm still trying to fathom out how you sever a main leg artery by kicking a "wall mirror", unless it fell off the wall in huge slices and his leg fell on a piece or the wall was hollow.

Don't worry I'm sure one of TV's resident Sherlocks will explain all.

I'm still trying to fathom out how you sever a main leg artery by kicking a "wall mirror", unless it fell off the wall in huge slices and his leg fell on a piece or the wall was hollow.

Yeah exactly.

In fact it says that he "severed an artery in one leg and badly injuring the other one.", so there must have been 2 large chunks of mirror that just happened to fall off the wall and just happened to cut deeply into both of this legs. hmmmmm

I mean, to penetrate deep into the legs the mirror must have fallen from a height to have pickup up enough momentum, or like you said have been a very large and heavy chunk of mirror with a couple of small pointing juts that happened to catch his legs...

Your last point about the hollow wall is most likely if his injuries were actually caused from a mirror. I once knocked to hard on a friends front door (whilst drunk) and my hand went straight through, cutting my wrist quite badly, so it is doable.

I was moving some furniture at home once, backed into a window and it shattered. One piece fell directly down onto the back of my ankle and nearly severed my Achilles completely. Damned thing took months to heal. When glass shatters, especially with momentum in the limb shattering it, it becomes lethal. No conspiracy here .

Seriously hard up for news, aren't we...?

I agree. This incident really doesn't have to be reported in such detail. Yes it is news but two or three paragraphs would have been sufficient. Just another tragedy in the land of smiles. Another example of the clash of cultures, maybe ?

May he Rests in Peace.

But his happened in Thailand ( the hub of HIV)

I wouldn't have gone near it either.

Farang blood, Farang HIV - dangerous indeed.

RIP. But bar girl, relationship on hold? And he freaks because she's not waiting for him the moment he beckons. Why do some men think they own their Thai gf.

Because they put so much money in them that it feels like they bought them?

This is normal. If you borrow money from someone, or take money for services and possible ongoing services, that is an investment.

Its natural to hope for a return and certainly with "bar girls" there are a number who just regard all this as a type of job.

Snaring and snowing men into expectations, some would like to fulfil, some cannot and some never intend to.

Let the buyer beware.

I'm certainly on the brink of being shafted at present, but I am happy to say, it was all my fault. Not hers. She is good.

There is nothing in the piece saying she is a bar girl, Bar girls are not the only women farang meet in Thailand.

"Reports suggest that 40 year old Iain went into a bar where Patty works and became infuriated when he discovered she was not there."

Maybe should re-read OP properly coffee1.gif

"Reports suggest that 40 year old Iain went into a bar where Patty works and became infuriated when he discovered she was not there."

Maybe should re-read OP properly coffee1.gif

So girl is a barmaid in Thailand so is for sale?

Well I've cut my arm bad by knocking into corner of an unbroken mirror...but don't let that stop the conspirators

Archived