Girlfriend of British Man who bled to death in Hua Hin speaks out

webfact

I'm still trying to fathom out how you sever a main leg artery by kicking a "wall mirror", unless it fell off the wall in huge slices and his leg fell on a piece or the wall was hollow.

Is it too difficult for you to imagine pieces of a large wall mirror falling towards the ground and hitting the drunk's leg? Those mirrors are made of heavy glass and, surprisingly, the pieces are sharp.

Obviously youngsters with little experience of life. Have a friend die from similar circumstances they would know.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If that had happened in the real world, somebody would have rushed and tighten the leg from the top to stop the bleeding.

Probably in this world of Thailand, people were watching him dying waiting for the Emergency services to arrive and may be taking photographs.

I hope I'm wrong with what I'm saying but I don't think I'm far away from the truth.

May he Rests in Peace.

Regrettably in the real world, as you so cynically put it, not everyone is as well versed in medical procedures as you think you are in order to know that one has to "tighten the leg" in these situations.

If you did actually know anything about emergency medical procedures you would not have made this post and I sincerely hope that if I am ever unfortunate enough to suffer an accident such as the one being discussed here that you are not close enough to offer your ill-informed medical advice.

If that had happened in the real world, somebody would have rushed and tighten the leg from the top to stop the bleeding.

Probably in this world of Thailand, people were watching him dying waiting for the Emergency services to arrive and may be taking photographs.

I hope I'm wrong with what I'm saying but I don't think I'm far away from the truth.

May he Rests in Peace.

But his happened in Thailand ( the hub of HIV)

I wouldn't have gone near it either.

"...Thailand ( the hub of HIV)"

Idiotic, ignorant remark.

People if ever you see someone bleeding heavily from a serious wound which you think involves an artery, you can save a life by simply taking off your belt and tightly strapping it on the limb above the wound and therein reduce the bleeding.

Someone else who knows nothing about the procedures giving bad medical advice.

A number of inappropriate remarks/flames and bickering removed.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

RIP. But bar girl, relationship on hold? And he freaks because she's not waiting for him the moment he beckons. Why do some men think they own their Thai gf.

There is nothing in the piece saying she is a bar girl, Bar girls are not the only women farang meet in Thailand.

This is TVF where all Thai ladies are bargirls until proven otherwise…

and all girls that work behind bars are hookers

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

People if ever you see someone bleeding heavily from a serious wound which you think involves an artery, you can save a life by simply taking off your belt and tightly strapping it on the limb above the wound and therein reduce the bleeding.

Someone else who knows nothing about the procedures giving bad medical advice.

Best thing to do is apply pressure on the wound using a shirt/towel or whatever is handy!

Yes I wondered about this would he have died in Europe - did the Thai ambulance take too long ? Could people apply a first aid Technique?. Our deep sympathies are with his family and friends especially from the many Brits who stay in Hua Hin. A real tragedy.

For those going on about the hospital and ambulance taking too long, and that there would be people around to help, this happened at 3am, and the bar is more like a shop with a bar, selling accessories and cues for playing pool; it is not located in the heart of the bar area and for anyone who knows Hua Hin, it is tucked away in a small plaza near the railway station. The chances are that when the incident happened, very few people were around because of the time and location, and anyone who attended to Iain may well only have been alerted by the sound of glass smashing, and very likely any sounds he made when the pain hit. There is an account (in Thai) on Facebook from one of the ambulance guys who were apparently called by the police, but were not told how urgent it was, just that someone had cut themselves on some glass, and the guy sounds genuinely mortified about what he found when he got to the scene, and that Iain had already lost so much blood they had little chance of saving him.

And to add to HHTel's comments, Patty didn't just work at the bar/shop, she runs it, although it has been closed since the incident, not surprisingly.

How many girls manage bars with no experience? Most girls I see, running a bar, have been exposed to foreigners and are comfortable with them. It sure is no place to keep a girlfriend, when you are off working. Bad idea, but only in my opinion. Nice to think that girls do not date customers...but not realistic. Reason...most of the customers are men...probably foreign men? If your girl wants you to buy her a bar....I would suggest that you not be of the jealous, possessive type. Not very many ladies, I know of, run out and buy a farang bar on their own.

In my line of work I here these stories all the time

mostly not with a tragic end like this but the theme where the man is away from Thailand doing work

and sending money back to the GF that just happens to work in a bar or was being paid to not work in the bar.

RIP to the guy

but dont they ever do any reading about this BS that happens every hour of every day here

May he Rests in Peace.

From Wikipedia

It is possible to die of exsanguination from femoral arterial bleeding in as little as three minutes

Don't expect too much from a crowd anywhere, not just LOS.

BTW on my last first aid course, tourniquets are a LAST resort, not the first.

There's a bargirl scene in Hua Hin? I thought that beach town was a family friendly place.

Big town - room for all - main beer-bar areas are between Hua Hin temple and the Hilton hotel (stretching to the north & south) and if you prefer a more decadent scene, Soi 80 not far from the above, near the railway station, linking the road in the which the station is to the main north-south road (Phetkasem Road) - so I'm told.

I'm still trying to fathom out how you sever a main leg artery by kicking a "wall mirror", unless it fell off the wall in huge slices and his leg fell on a piece or the wall was hollow.

Yes...basically that is what happens....the glass fragments into pieces, some being small but many section remaining large while gravity takes over and large slices of glass mirror, with jagged edges and knife point ends, begin to fall ...heavily.... and do their damage as they fall onto you.

In the movies...they use sugar glass and you see it all the time in the movies....people crashing through windows and not a scratch to be seen.

In real life if you tried to crash through a large window ( not safety glass like there are in cars ) or threw someone through a window like that then you would be near shocked at just how much damage a persons body would or could receive ...as in plenty of blood ..everywhere.

As in: Warning ...do not try this at home as it could result in severe injury....results may vary.

Cheers

Alcohol: 115 x More toxic than Cannabis.

He had a chance to go home with the girl, but declined because he was "having a good time", i.e. he was drunk and wanted to get drunker.

Good times on a legal, but deadly hard drug.

Obviously a drug (alcohol) addict. RIP

Seriously hard up for news, aren't we...?

If a mirror kills someone, you think that is not news worthy? Really?

I beg to differ.

The story has violence, death, inference of sex, alcohol, bars, in short, all the goodies that society loves way too MUTT..

He had posted a video of Patty and another man drinking together.

The girl worked in a bar and this is what girls who work in bars do. A very sad state of affairs.

This is what most girls do, it's called human nature and it would be very unusual if a normal heterosexual girl didn't sometimes have a drink with a man, this is nothing to do with "girls who work in bars"

Posts such as yours are a very sad state of affairs.

There's a bargirl scene in Hua Hin? I thought that beach town was a family friendly place.

You must be very new to Thailand. There is a tourist barbeer scene in any tourist town and of course there is the THAI bar scene in EVERY town/ city.

That's right - In Hua Hin there's about sixty beer bars in Soi 80 and at least that number again in the area roughly between the Hua Hin temple and the Hilton hotel. Hua Hin is a big seaside town and tourist area which is also home to a lot of falangs.

He had posted a video of Patty and another man drinking together.

The girl worked in a bar and this is what girls who work in bars do. A very sad state of affairs.

This is what most girls do, it's called human nature and it would be very unusual if a normal heterosexual girl didn't sometimes have a drink with a man, this is nothing to do with "girls who work in bars"

Posts such as yours are a very sad state of affairs.

you're kidding right? Would you let your wife /gf go out with another man for a date (drink). Of course old friends and work colleagues etc is a non-issue. But please if ur partner especially a bar girl says darling farang man ask me to go out to bar for a drink. You'd say no worries enjoy? Non sense

My wife never ever even thinks about this sort of stuff. Why? She does not need to. She has everything she wants in a man. The importance of looking after your partner satisfying their needs will guarantee the thought of "maybe I should accept the offer to go out with this guy" becomes redundant.

Archived