BANGKOK 21 April 2019 17:18

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CatieB

Chiang Mai University Language Institute

Study Thai at Payap University on the other side of town and you should have no problems.

Providing you are not in a wheelchair. They refused to accept me for their Thai Course because they were not willing to move a class downstairs.

Study Thai at Payap University on the other side of town and you should have no problems.

Providing you are not in a wheelchair. They refused to accept me for their Thai Course because they were not willing to move a class downstairs.
They have wheel chair access and elevators now.

I am doing this course at the moment and everything has gone perfectly. The teacher is extremely good.

I am doing this course at the moment and everything has gone perfectly. The teacher is extremely good.

Hey jonesyb,

thanks for your comment.

I'm considering to join this course in a couple of months, but I'm wondering if the statements on their website are still accurate

1) "The course fees for this course is 30,000 Baht for 216 hours of instruction."

From the last info I got, the minimum hours per years (for an EDVisa) almost doubled.

2) "This is a 12-month program. Class will meet 6-hours per week either in the evenings or weekend."

Although, on the same page they say: "Class will only be held Monday to Friday either (morning session - 09.00 to 12.00, afternoon session 13.00 to 16.00 or evening session 16.00 to 19.00). We do not offer weekend programs."

3) And finally, how do you feel about the school in general and the willingness of your teachers and classmates regarding teaching/learning the Thai language?

Would be great if you could share some insider information. smile.png

Cheers -minimax

Hey there. I will try and answer some questions for you the best I can.

1) I simply don't know. I shall ask at the university for you on Tuesday when I am there next.

2) Depending on which course you take, you will get two sessions every week during those times specified. For example, my classes are on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 16:00 - 19:00.

3) So far the school has been brilliant in every aspect. From the visa assistance, to the general organisation. I have nothing to compare him to but I think the teacher is brilliant and the structure of his classes is very logical and efficient. I am in a class with a mixture of people from all around the world including Americans, Koreans, Chinese. I am the only person from England. We all started with varying levels of Thai. I have none at all, some others have more but it is a beginners class. Everyone is extremely enthusiastic about learning. The class is also as full as it could be. There are 17 of us. The room could not fit anyone else in but it doesn't feel overcrowded, or that there are too many students for the teacher.

To summarise, I couldn't be any happier with everything so far.

If you want to know anything else feel free to let me know.

Hey jonesyb,

thanks for your comment.

I'm considering to join this course in a couple of months, but I'm wondering if the statements on their website are still accurate

1) "The course fees for this course is 30,000 Baht for 216 hours of instruction."

From the last info I got, the minimum hours per years (for an EDVisa) almost doubled.

2) "This is a 12-month program. Class will meet 6-hours per week either in the evenings or weekend."

Although, on the same page they say: "Class will only be held Monday to Friday either (morning session - 09.00 to 12.00, afternoon session 13.00 to 16.00 or evening session 16.00 to 19.00). We do not offer weekend programs."

3) And finally, how do you feel about the school in general and the willingness of your teachers and classmates regarding teaching/learning the Thai language?

Would be great if you could share some insider information. smile.png

Cheers -minimax

Hey

Hi mate,

hope your student life is going well.

I got a couple more questions...

Have you used any of the benefits provided.? Is the gym any good?

Did you have a chance to ask about the hours per year, included in the 30'000b-1year-package?

How is the learning going?

Do you learn reading and writing, early on?

Does the class sometimes meet outside the class-room to learn about cultural things?

Sorry for flooding you with all these questions.

Take care and many thanks for your insights. wai2.gif

Regards -minimaxx