nicorette gum impossible to buy in pattaya

vento

Hi,

ive used Nicotinell gum but find it hard and lack of taste

all places in patty ive been to, have 2mg nicotinell with only mint flavour and it gets quite boring after a few days. Also i find the nicotinell gum a bit hard and nicorette seems (as far as i remember) more soft

ive tried to find a place which sell nicorette gum but seems impossible.

Anyone know of a place who stocks nicorette products?

p.s. im in Pattaya, but i dont mind driving to Bkk if i need to... :)

Cheers

I have also been trying to buy nicorette gum in BKK for the past 2 months with no luck. Boots pharmacy used to stock it but has now replaced it with nicotinell,if you have any luck trackins some down then please let me know,thanks

A friend had the same problem...ultimately, he switched to electric "vaping" cigarettes...they offer the nicotine, but not the smoke...he orders the device and accessories on the net, from China...the cost is pretty cheap, according to my friend, and his health has improved significantly in only 6 months...

• Like 1

Is there any outlets for nicotine patches that are placed on your arm? I no longer smoke and I quit using cold turkey. My wife has older relatives and all want to quit but they don't have the will power to just stop. So I bought a heap of the chewing gum. Gum no good they all say. Patches are widely used in Australia and if the user is committed, they can stop using. I also wonder if importing a kilo of patches from Australia is legal. Any advice?

Is there any outlets for nicotine patches that are placed on your arm? I no longer smoke and I quit using cold turkey. My wife has older relatives and all want to quit but they don't have the will power to just stop. So I bought a heap of the chewing gum. Gum no good they all say. Patches are widely used in Australia and if the user is committed, they can stop using. I also wonder if importing a kilo of patches from Australia is legal. Any advice?

Patches are widely available i think. ive seen them in various pharmacies. At least they have nicotinell patch, step 1, which are the strongest one available. be aware, its quite expensive. i think about 800-900 baht for 7 days/patches. Not sure if there is a thai brand available.

Nicorettes have been taken of the Thai market about 8 months ago. According to a pharmacist I spoke to, Nicorettes are being reformulated. I think its BS but have stopped using nicotene supplements (and stopped smoking) and didnt bother to follow up on the issue.

I prefer Nicotinell 2 mg chewing gum above the Nicorette Gum. It too is getting harder to find and some retailers won't split the boxes. I don't need that many and chew only when having a glass of wine. Don't know whether Nicorette is more scarce sorry or who has a supply,

You just have to keep trying many pharmacies to find what you want.

A friend had the same problem...ultimately, he switched to electric "vaping" cigarettes...they offer the nicotine, but not the smoke...he orders the device and accessories on the net, from China...the cost is pretty cheap, according to my friend, and his health has improved significantly in only 6 months...

I can't help with the Nicolette gum but can highly recommend e-cigs as an alternate to traditional tobacco FMC's. After 25 years of smoking I switched to an e-cig and love it. I tried an FMC last month and hated the taste, lasted 1 puff and stubbed it out.

For about 200 baht a week they are a great alternate. There are reports around stating e-cigs with nicotine have about 9 harmful carcinogenics in them which I can live with compared to the high number traditional FMC's have. No tar, no carbon monoxide and I can run 10km a day easily.

I prefer Nicotinell 2 mg chewing gum above the Nicorette Gum. It too is getting harder to find and some retailers won't split the boxes. I don't need that many and chew only when having a glass of wine. Don't know whether Nicorette is more scarce sorry or who has a supply,

You just have to keep trying many pharmacies to find what you want.

The big pharmacy on North road will still split up the box. Cant remember the name, but most likely one of the biggest pharmacies around i think.

also some of the small pharmacies in central festival, downstairs opposite the car park entrance, they will do it as well.

Nicorette 105 pcs Chewing gum 4mg

Price in Belgium € 25,96 plus shipping.

Nicorette 105 pcs Chewing gum 2mg

Price in Belgium € 19,72 plus shipping.

Is import in Thailand possible?

Edited by FredNL

• 3 weeks later...

Nicorettes have been taken of the Thai market about 8 months ago. According to a pharmacist I spoke to, Nicorettes are being reformulated. I think its BS but have stopped using nicotene supplements (and stopped smoking) and didnt bother to follow up on the issue.

Yes, you're right it is BS. I live in Thailand but am currently in Europe where Nicorette Gum is freely available just about everywhere.