Nok Air comes under fire over treatment of handicapped man

Thaivisa News

Think this incident has been blown out of proportion and is the result of an unpleasant cocktail of ignorance, stubbornness and lack of ability to improvise. The crawling down the ladder thing then was performed for maximum media impact and surely was an unnecessary stunt.

I find it unfair to now discredit all of Nok Air for this single hiccup. We're all just humans...

Edited by catweazle
  • Like 1

Think this incident has been blown out of proportion and is the result of an unpleasant cocktail of ignorance, stubbornness and lack of ability to improvise. The crawling down the ladder thing then was performed for maximum media impact and surely was an unnecessary stunt.

I find it unfair to now discredit all of Nok Air for this single hiccup. We're all just humans...

Yes we are all human. And as such entitled to dignity respect and what we pay for.

Nok did not provide it despite the law.

In this case I do not blaeme the local staff, they did as best as they thought they could. I blame NOK for not training them in the legal requirements.

• Like 1

I think CEO Patee needs some serious skilling in the art of Public Relations, not to mention his idiot staff .

The very LEAST that NOK Air should do now is to offer the VICTIM and his wife a 12-Month GOLD PASS for FOC Travel on all NOK Air Services.

A smart CEO would do what you suggest, but not a greedy. Their only god is is money, hurt this idiots and boycott NOK Air.

This singled out incident is not a reason to damage NOK air.

I haven't read about earlier similar complaints. Boss man has offered his

excuses. Come on Guys!

This is a reason, but not mainly by this idiot staff, but by the lame excuse of the CEO.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

hmmmmmmm ..... notice how thai companies are all apologetic and sorry once social media get hold of their bad behavior.

Pattee should be fired without waiting for some more stupid comments from his side.

For me NOK air is now a no fly zone as Thai will be soon but I have booked one flight already and they don't want to give the money back.

I am sure you will be sadly missed but fondly remembered. 5555555cheesy.gif

I think you lacking common sence. If I would be the boss of of this idiot CEO he and these staff would facing consequenceses.

I think CEO Patee needs some serious skilling in the art of Public Relations, not to mention his idiot staff .

The very LEAST that NOK Air should do now is to offer the VICTIM and his wife a 12-Month GOLD PASS for FOC Travel on all NOK Air Services.

why the gold pass? what do you expect from a budget airlines? I have used nok air for quite some time most recently from Ubon to bangkok to Ubon round trip after surgery and they have did everything in their power to see that I was treated right! of course I had to climb the stairts in Ubon because the airport burned down but in Bangkok I was wheeled from the ticket counter to the selected seat! just because you need a wheel chair does not give you the right to expect special treatment!

staff carrying your butt down the ladder? that's a bit cheeky! the proper question would be "why no skyway at chaing mai airport?"

Anyway a case like this destroy 99% of good experiences with this airline, this should he know. If not, then he is not qualified for his Job. IMO is not neccessary to offer a gold card for 1 year, but I would do in his sitiuation say "they whole staff will faces consequences" and I would apologize and offer the couple a free flight into thailand with NOK air. All the staff inclusive the captain (caused he is was charge), would getting a piece of paper "warning" 1 case more and the whole crew of the plane is fired and I would do it.

Notice how you almost never see a wheel chair in this country? If you do , is it a Thai national??? How about a Thai in a cast.....wait....how about a Downs syndrome person???.....these people were bad in a past life....... jeez.......

Thai's like to kill each other, mainly in car accidents, final solution, seldom a disabled person left. Is this a kind of fate(Karma) just asking!!??? Ok was a kind of black humour. wai2.gif

Yes we are all human. And as such entitled to dignity respect and what we pay for.

Nok did not provide it despite the law.

In this case I do not blaeme the local staff, they did as best as they thought they could. I blame NOK for not training them in the legal requirements.

And don't forget to blame the stupid CEO he don't deserve this job IMO.

Air Asia are now penalising disabled passengers by charging them extra for wheelchair use. Now everyone can fly but at a cost.

There is only 1 solution boycott and blame them in FB.

No ......take another airline

Air Asia are now penalising disabled passengers by charging them extra for wheelchair use. Now everyone can fly but at a cost.

I agree. Please let me know which airline has never had any complaint filed against it.

This is not good enough, the staff have to face consequences, for this is the FB a very powerful instrument and this will be a warning to all other airline, they will brief their staff believe me.