Car bomb attack is a paid job by same group of perpetrators in recent Bangkok bombings

Lite Beer

If the attacks are Muslim-related then there is a perfect target for them in Bangkok. Patpong is world famous as a red light area and there is a car park above Foodland where anyone can drive in and park a large van packed with explosives with no security check at all. Not only can they destroy a large area of Patpong with its go-go bars, but immediately to the north the soi catering largely for the gay community. That way they achieve several 'triumphs' in one go - killing sex workers, gays and the tourist trade. I'm sure they must be perfectly aware of this, and it surprises me that they haven't hit the area so far.

Why bomb your favorite hangout? Go visit Sadao Red Light area, and see where all the customers are from. southern insurgency is about power and smuggling under the guise of religion. They have no benefit from a devastated tourist industry in Thailand. There is only one group that benefits from a big reduction in tourist numbers in Thailand.

Favorite hangout? It's been a while since I lived in Bangkok and Patpong was never one of my hangouts, favorite or otherwise. Thanks for showing your ignorance by jumping to conclusions. And what group benefits from a (continuing) big reduction in tourist numbers, pray tell.

Edited by Bangkok Barry

If the attacks are Muslim-related then there is a perfect target for them in Bangkok. Patpong is world famous as a red light area and there is a car park above Foodland where anyone can drive in and park a large van packed with explosives with no security check at all. Not only can they destroy a large area of Patpong with its go-go bars, but immediately to the north the soi catering largely for the gay community. That way they achieve several 'triumphs' in one go - killing sex workers, gays and the tourist trade. I'm sure they must be perfectly aware of this, and it surprises me that they haven't hit the area so far.

If they weren't aware of it before your post they are now.

I'm sure they don't need me to point them towards terrorist targets. They are perfectly capable of working them out for themselves. They are not fools.

These have got to be the worst terrorists in the whole world. One attack after another-- a few injuries here and there and that's it.

This is playtime.

And, incidentally, a dandy excuse to keep a military junta in power, if that's your intention.

Does anyone sense a ruse here? The bombs are timed so that they cause minimal loss of life...seems a bit odd really if you think about it.....if you really want to shake things up you don't set bombs off in the middle of the night when no-one is around, do you? I am convinced that the army is correct in thinking it is the same group responsible for both bombs, but clearly the terrorists strategy is not to hurt tourism or tourists, otherwise the bomb would have had a very different timing. In circumstances like this it is good to ask 'cui bono?'

Who benefits from these bombs. Personally I cannot think of a single person, either in Thailand or outside of it, that benefits from setting off bombs which only do property damage and where no group claims responsibility. It seems that the ongoing struggle in the South is much more serious where lives are being lost regularly.

Who benefits from creating a sense of danger and insecurity? Pretty obivious, if you ask me. Just look at all the posters demanding that the government "crack down," shoot terrorists on sight, suspend civil liberties, etc. Perhaps impose martial law? That's just what Thailand needs!

Put these two quotes together:

"There's a sucker born every minute." P.T. Barnum

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjeman Franklin

If they weren't aware of it before your post they are now.

I'm sure they don't need me to point them towards terrorist targets. They are perfectly capable of working them out for themselves. They are not fools.

Good grief ! The only place to find smoked salmon and vegemite on the island and it gets bombed !

• Like 2

"Panitharn Watanayakkorn, an advisor to Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan, said the authorities have gathered a lot of information and evidences related to the car bomb attack at the Central Samui department store late Friday night..."

The deputy advisor sure works quick....

I have a question though, if the attackers wanted to sabotage peace and order of the country why would they wait 22h30 when the food court and most shops are closed?

maybee not a good bomb maker,

not presice ignition time ?

hopefully luck for many lifes !