A1 airport bus on April 13th?

tuonsai

I'm flying out tomorrow (April 13) and looking to take the A1 airport bus from Mo Chit to Don Muang airport

Anyone know if it's running and will tomorrow also be a nightmare or does it quiet down a bit

on the 13th? Also will I get songkraned while waiting for the bus :)? How bad is it ?

Thanks

Thanks, that's exactly what I'm trying to decide. I'm planning to take a cab from my hotel to the A1 bus stop

which is at an entrance to Chatuckak park. The only issue is I would have to stand on the street to wait for the bus,

this could be 5 or 20 minutes. Is that a dangerous area for getting soaked ?

Or even better, is it possible just to ask the driver to keep the meter running until the bus comes?

Would he understand ?

Edited by tuonsai

Take the cab from the hotel to DMK. It will get there in flash. Traffic is light in Bangkok over Songkran. It might be the quickest ride ever.

If money is too tight to mention....get yourself to Hualamphong Station (bus or taxi) and take the train to DMK for 5-20 baht.

• 2 weeks later...

Take the cab from the hotel to DMK. It will get there in flash. Traffic is light in Bangkok over Songkran. It might be the quickest ride ever.

If money is too tight to mention....get yourself to Hualamphong Station (bus or taxi) and take the train to DMK for 5-20 baht.

During construction-work, on the road just outside the main bus-terminal, Mo-Chit was (last month) a bit of a mess & mostly-closed.

The A1-bus from DMK dropped us an extra 100m short of the usual spot on the main-road heading North, personally I'd recommend taking the taxi all-the-way until this work is completed.

Thanks for the responses. Just to update on this in case someone finds it useful.

I took a taxi to the A1 bus stop where I waited for about 15 minutes and took the bus. There was absolutely no incident, and hardly any traffic. I didn't even see any songkraners here.

So apparently by 13th it's all good, I didn't get a drop of water on me.

• Like 1