Phnom Penh Non-Imm "O" For Retirement Report

OMGImInPattaya

That's very useful information.

On the assumption that you got a single-entry "O", would you happen to know if PP are issuing MULTIPLE entry Non-Imm O visas for those wishing for a retirement extension?

I suspect not but worth asking.....

VBF

yearly multiple in phnom phnem only if married and have children.

not for retirement.

I have seen no reports of a multiple entry non-o based upon marriage in PP. Only Savannakhet with no financial proof and Penang with financial proof does them.

If you want one for retirement Penang is a possibility with 800k baht in the bank.

yearly multiple in phnom phnem only if married and have children.

not for retirement.

Thanks Visarunner & Ubonjoe - was a bit of a forlorn hope but as I said, worth asking!

Edited by VBF

Yes single-entry. I can't say definitively but would think not...as the stated purpose of the visa is obtaining the retirement extension in Thailand, one entry would be sufficient for this purpose.

Yes, I did mine there last month.

Additionally, and I am not sure if it was of value, I took hard-copy evidence of work visas in two overseas countries, that I have worked in, that cover the last five or six years.

I will be heading to CW on 29th April for the retirement extension.wai2.gif

Good, useful report - Thanks for doing this!

I was aiming to be be in Phnom Penh in a few weeks time, but was going to get a tourist visa and then convert (and extend) when I return back to BKK.

Apart from the inconvenience of the two visits needed for the extra step (for the conversion) in Thailand - Is there any other gain getting the single non-Imm "O" for retirement while in Phnom Penh?

I was aiming to be be in Phnom Penh in a few weeks time, but was going to get a tourist visa and then convert (and extend) when I return back to BKK.

Apart from the inconvenience of the two visits needed for the extra step (for the conversion) in Thailand - Is there any other gain getting the single non-Imm "O" for retirement while in Phnom Penh?

Just to let you know, that according to (I think it was) UbonJoe, on another thread, some people have had problems at the PP Embassy getting a non-imm O.

Obviously, the OP here, and myself had no problem.thumbsup.gif

(I think Penang is the most viable alternative).

Two trips to immigration in Bangkok 15 days apart just to get the non immigrant visa entry. A bank letter to confirm your money in the bank and a letter to confirm the funds came from abroad. If you already have a single entry non-o visa none of this step prior to applying for the extension.

• Like 1

Just to let you know, that according to (I think it was) UbonJoe, on another thread, some people have had problems at the PP Embassy getting a non-imm O.

Waiting an hour to get approval of the application is not exactly the best service.

Vientiane and Penang are the best. Next afternoon service verses 2 days.

"..the Thai PP embassy will issue one upon presentation of a Thai bank book, recently updated, showing the requisite 800k baht or more in funds on deposit".

How recently? No earlier than the day before as in the case of annual extensions of stay? Or would a bit longer (say up to 3-4 days beforehand) be OK?

Waiting an hour to get approval of the application is not exactly the best service.

Apparently they don't process many "O's" for retirement so the clerk didn't really know what I was asking for...that's why she took my application for the consul to review. In future, at least with this clerk, I'm sure she would just accept the application and fee and send the applicant on their way. They process more marriage and business visas I surmise so she asked me for bank letters, company docs., and residence certs., etc. but I told her that will all be checked and submitted in Thailand when one applies for the retirement extension. The clerks are local Khmers so are not up on all the particulars of Thai visa regs (like we all are).

This is just a local option for those seeking their "O" visa for retirement. Phnom Penh is a nice place to spend a few days and other than the one-hour wait in air-con comfort, completely painless. The embassy is easy to get to and it was not crowded at all (just a couple people in line). For me being a Pattaya resident, this sure beat 2 trips up to C-W for the conversion/extension. It may be possible to get the visa even without any financials if one is over 50...but I went prepared.

• Like 1

"..the Thai PP embassy will issue one upon presentation of a Thai bank book, recently updated, showing the requisite 800k baht or more in funds on deposit".

How recently? No earlier than the day before as in the case of annual extensions of stay? Or would a bit longer (say up to 3-4 days beforehand) be OK?

I updated it the day before I left and applied a day after I arrived and it was no problem. I don't think the requirement would be too strict because the counsel must know that all that stuff will be scrutinized with a magnifying glass when the actual extension is obtained in Thailand.

If you are simply obtaining a new 1 year retirement extension ( not the Visa ) then you can go to Changwattana and apply yourself.

If you do not have the required money in the a Thai bank account you can go to your embassy ( maybe not every embassy ) and request an affidavit swearing you have the means of income which the Immigration authorities will accept in Lieu of money in a bank account equivalent to 800,000 baht or more.

I just did all of that on April 10th and no problems encountered obtaining a new 1 year retirement extension.

They did not even look at the Affidavit from my Embassy... rather they simply went through the motions and stamped another 1 year retirement extension that cost me 1,900 Baht...plus the cost of the affidavit = 1320 baht ( from my embassy )...plus the cost of a basic medical certificate of good health and void of certain diseases = 650 baht ( at my hospital near me ) plus the cost of taxi fare, 2 ways = approximately 500 Baht total =

4,520 baht for everything.

It is recommended you try to obtain the Retirement extension application before going to Changwattana so you do not have to line up so long after filling out the form when you get there.

Also you should photo copy every page of your passport and or anything else that you think they may want a copy of ....plus have your passport sized photos available.

Even though I was in the front of the line up when I first arrived I ended up at the back of the line by the time I filled out my application form....but still...I was only there for less than 3 hours and out of there before 11:30 AM

While I was there, I noticed something that I had not really noticed so much before.

Seemingly, 90% of the immigration officials are Women

Cheers

If you are simply obtaining a new 1 year retirement extension ( not the Visa ) then you can go to Changwattana and apply yourself.

If you do not have the required money in the a Thai bank account you can go to your embassy ( maybe not every embassy ) and request an affidavit swearing you have the means of income which the Immigration authorities will accept in Lieu of money in a bank account equivalent to 800,000 baht or more.

I just did all of that on April 10th and no problems encountered obtaining a new 1 year retirement extension.

They did not even look at the Affidavit from my Embassy... rather they simply went through the motions and stamped another 1 year retirement extension that cost me 1,900 Baht...plus the cost of the affidavit = 1320 baht ( from my embassy )...plus the cost of a basic medical certificate of good health and void of certain diseases = 650 baht ( at my hospital near me ) plus the cost of taxi fare, 2 ways = approximately 500 Baht total =

4,520 baht for everything.

It is recommended you try to obtain the Retirement extension application before going to Changwattana so you do not have to line up so long after filling out the form when you get there.

Also you should photo copy every page of your passport and or anything else that you think they may want a copy of ....plus have your passport sized photos available.

Even though I was in the front of the line up when I first arrived I ended up at the back of the line by the time I filled out my application form....but still...I was only there for less than 3 hours and out of there before 11:30 AM

While I was there, I noticed something that I had not really noticed so much before.

Seemingly, 90% of the immigration officials are Women

Cheers

Not sure the purpose of your post. This thread is for those looking to obtain their initial non-imm "O" visa in anticipation of applying for their retirement extension.

plus the cost of a basic medical certificate of good health and void of certain diseases = 650 baht ( at my hospital near me )

Who did inform you that a certificate was needed ? Was it ?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

plus the cost of a basic medical certificate of good health and void of certain diseases = 650 baht ( at my hospital near me )

Who did inform you that a certificate was needed ? Was it ?

If one "keeps up" it is well known that there are a few rogue immigration offices which require a medical certificate.

A quick search (as you often advise others to do) will reveal which offices these are .

Phnom Penh is a nice place to spend a few days and other than the one-hour wait in air-con comfort, completely painless.

The embassy is easy to get to and it was not crowded at all (just a couple people in line).

I agree, I have been in Penang and Vientiane,

but I like to spend some days in Phnom Penh, using a Agent to get a Torist Visa in easy fashion,

if I am alone on the trip, than sitting lonely in Penang or Vientiane.

(I qualify also for a Non Immigrant -O- having children with Thai women and beeing over 50, but not in retirement, but than, I think I could not use the Agent service in Phnom Penh Thai Consular section.rolleyes.gif )

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/647029-tourist-visa-in-phnom-penh-easy-done/

For Malaysia or Laos, I would have to bring my own GF-Companion with me, to be satisfied.

That is not necessary in Cambodia.

But everybody has its own priorities. Mine is not to be back in Thailand as fast as possible, by any means.

tongue.png

Edited by ALFREDO

rolleyes.gif I will probably be attempting to get 90 day single entry Non O visa in June 2015 from Phnom Penh based on the following documents:.

• An income statement from the U.S. embassy in Bangkok showing an income of $1740 monthly from the U.S Social Security
  • A original document rom the U.S. Social Securiy administration showing that I get this pension monthly and have been since January 2015
  • My Thai bankbook showing a monthly direct deposit into a passbook i bank account from the U.S. Social Security of that pension for a period of 6 months (since January 2015).
  • A deposit of 250,000 Thai baht in a Thai bank account in my (recently dated).
  • A signed contract for a residence in Bangkok and monthly rental receipts to show I am paying monthly for that rental flat.
  • Original and copies of all those documents above.
  • And of course a valid U.S. passport and copies of all relevant pages from that.

Frankly I don't know if Phnom Penh will accept all those documents and copies or not and issue me a 90 day Non O visa based on intent to retire in Thailand or not.

If they WILL issue me that visa I will do an extension based on the combination method in Chaenrwattana .

Frankly I don't know if these documents will be adequate or not,,,,, but it will be a nice trip to Pnnom Penh anyway to see if it does work, or not

Either way I'll let everyone know what they say.

By my calculations my pension plus a 250,000 K Thai Baht bank account works out to around a 900K yearly annual income.

I'll see if they will accept that or not.

If nothing else it will be a week vacation in Phnom Penh...... I haven't been there yet.

Edited by ubonjoe
Changed to default font Forum rule 1. Please do not post in all capital letters, bold, unusual fonts, sizes or colors. It can be difficult to read.

rolleyes.gif I will probably be attempting to get 90 day single entry Non O visa in June 2015 from Phnom Penh based on the following documents:.

• An income statement from the U.S. embassy in Bangkok showing an income of $1740 monthly from the U.S Social Security
  • A original document rom the U.S. Social Securiy administration showing that I get this pension monthly and have been since January 2015
  • My Thai bankbook showing a monthly direct deposit into a passbook i bank account from the U.S. Social Security of that pension for a period of 6 months (since January 2015).
  • A deposit of 250,000 Thai baht in a Thai bank account in my (recently dated).
  • A signed contract for a residence in Bangkok and monthly rental receipts to show I am paying monthly for that rental flat.
  • Original and copies of all those documents above.
  • And of course a valid U.S. passport and copies of all relevant pages from that.

Frankly I don't know if Phnom Penh will accept all those documents and copies or not and issue me a 90 day Non O visa based on intent to retire in Thailand or not.

If they WILL issue me that visa I will do an extension based on the combination method in Chaenrwattana .

Frankly I don't know if these documents will be adequate or not,,,,, but it will be a nice trip to Pnnom Penh anyway to see if it does work, or not

Either way I'll let everyone know what they say.

By my calculations my pension plus a 250,000 K Thai Baht bank account works out to around a 900K yearly annual income.

I'll see if they will accept that or not.

If nothing else it will be a week vacation in Phnom Penh...... I haven't been there yet.

I think you would have a very good chance of getting your visa. I suspect just being over 50, without any documentation, and they may give an applicant at least 1 single-entry "O" visa knowing that all the other stuff will be sorted when the actual visa extension application is made. However, having documentation of meeting the financials can't hurt to show the consul one's bonafides. Good luck.

The visa section opens at 8:30 and they accept applications in the morning. Be sure to check the calendar for any Thai or Khmer holidays during your stay as the embassy will be closed for any of them.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Anyone got any updated information on getting the non O for retirement extension, from any nearby countries?

Not a problem to get one in Vientiane Laos or Penang Malaysia.

Thai bank book showing 800k baht on the date you apply or a income letter to prove 65k baht income or a combination of the two totaling 800k baht.