Days Out

p1p

I have just resurected and edited this thread and will pin it at the front of Chiang Mai forum. I think it could be an important resource, especially for those who are new to town.

Pleas feel free to ask and/or answer questions here, or add interesting places to go or things to do.

I will try to edit the thread to ensure it remains a useful resource.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A question I constantly get asked is "Where can I take my children out for the day?" or, "Where can we go for a good day out without the normal hordes of tourists?" The obvious answers, the zoo, Sankampaeng hot spring, attractions on the Mae Rim - Samoeng loop etc. are touristy and frequently expensive.

Does anybody have any special places to go which they can share with us all?? : :o

I think Huay Thung Thaew Lake is one of the best deals in the area. Beautiful. Numerous spots to choose from, depending on whether you want peace and quiet, eating, swimming, kayaking or peddle boating... A place where kids have plenty of room to play, and where parent's chances for a quiet momentary respite from kids is a good possibility..:o

I may regret giving this away.. :

Ob Khan Gorge.

(Not to be confused with the much further away Ob Luang gorge.)

Drive down the Canal Road, past the intersection with the Samoeng Road, keep driving for another 7 kms or so and you will get to Ban Nam Phrae. There you turn right. Keep driving, you will get to a branch of the Suan Prung loony house. Drive around it, following the road. Here the road turns to a dirt road. Then you get to the entrance of Ob Khan National Park.

Note that this national park does not charge the dreaded 200 baht. In weekends there will be food stalls as well. Weekdays it's mostly deserted.

Very nice, allows for swimming into the gorge and diving from the rocks in to the water. You can walk up along the gorge and then climb down to end up close to the fast flowing water.

Other places that are nice are still Doi Suthep.. There are two waterfalls before you get to the Montrathan Falls that require some talking to get in for the regular 20 baht.. But the first two are free. Also up past the temple you can continue, not to the hilltribe village cum souvenir market, but further up, up up. Nice area. Actually if you keep going you get to a three way split, where you can go down on the side of the mountain, ending up at Huay Thueng Tao!!! (And doding the 10 baht entrance fee in the process. :o

Chiang Mai univeristy is also a nice area..

Then there's the Samoeng Road towards Kritsada Doi.. less commericialized than the Northern part of the loop.

Further away the CHiang Dao area is nice, as well as Phrao.

Lamphun of course.. the Koon Tan NP area.. can take the train there which is fun in itself with children.

Actually, come to think of it, almost any direction out of town gets you in nice areas.. I guess that's why I love living here. :D

Cheers,

Chanchao

• 6 months later...

Here are some more items of interest imported from the Must See Things In Chiang Mai thread.

Quote cutethaigirl

There is so much to do in Chiangmai you will never do it all. here is just one website of a few hundred www.chiangmai.com

try going over the main river bridge heading east and turn left in the evening if you like more Western mix. Turn right to have more Thai.

Get a taxi out to the German Brewery. It is quite far and ARRANGE the driver to pick you up at midnight as it is a long walk!

Pick up any one of the many tourist magazines and do all the things in them.

Go to the museum on the superhighway. Lovely. Also Wat Jed Lot next to it.

Go beyond Wat Doi Suthep if you like nature.

day at the reservoir north of the city.

Mae Sa with the waterfalls if you can talk well to avoid paying the Westerner 200 baht:-((

Borsang / Sankampaeng for umbrellas and cloth.

Ban Ta Wai for wood carvings.

Quote jackr
Plenty to do in Chiang Mai and one of the best, if not the best, looking areas in Thailand. Do all the things the Thaigirl said and maybe venture out to Pai, northwest of Chiang Mai, in the mountains. Gorgeous scenery around there and some great little restaurants. Make sure you go to Tha Pai Spa Camping if you do go. It's an upmarket guesthouse on the river which is beautifully landscaped and is fed by the local hot springs. Several hot pools are scattered around the complex for the use of guests, while non-guests pay 50baht.

Quote p1p

It should be noted that Pai is a weekend trip, not a quick day out. Several hours on twisty mountain roads.

If you do not have your own transport, it is well worth hiring a motorcycle or car to get around. Use a map from one of the Chiang Mai magazines.

The zoo was missed from the above lists. Well worth a visit, but much best to go with your own transport. Lots of ups & downs to get from one place to another.

Quote scottie
I've been holidaying in Chiang mai for 10 years & still haven't done it all.

Yes you've scratched the surface Kenk3z, but if you like the outdoors loads still to do.

Go North Mae Taeng area & visit elephant camps, then bamboo raft down river.

Also white water rafting around there, & on the Mae Cham at Ob Luang.

Many, many waterfalls.Mae Sa being highly popular. But at Doi Inthanon, there's Vachiratan. Mae klang & Mae Ya ( think I've got the names right ).

Agree with one of previous posters, reservoir North of city is a good place to relax with a beer.

Mountain biking.

Trekking at Khuntan NP.

Really an hour any direction out of city, will take you to some of the most beautiful scenery anywhere.

Shopping.....not really for me, but some great places to pick local handicrafts up.

Endless list.

Enjoy. 

Quote NaiGreg

Not well known, but worth a trip on a rainy day is the bizarre-yet-fascinating "Chiangmai Insect Museum" near the Amari Rincome hotel (or is it near Wat Suan Dok? It's been a long time ...)

Run by the founder's widow (a very sweet woman) you will see amazing butterflies, cockroaches, 4000 species of mosquitos, daa d'daa d'daa ....

(They all dtaai-laeow, if ya know what I mean)

They sell tee-shirts, one with a large mosquito and the caption "Get to know them and you will understand"  I bought three.

Bring the kids!

Quote Rinrada
Couple of other things to do over the weekend. 

I fancy the micro-lite thingy.. 

anyway...

SPORT & HEALTH CLUB

HEALTH CLUB

Ban Sabai, 17/7 Charoenprathet Rd., Tel. 053 285204-6. Spa for health and well-being. Open daily.

Siam Spa, 2nd floor, Chiang Inn Plaza, Tel. 0 5328 3085-7 Ext 110.

Acupuncture Treatments in your home. Call Ajarn Herman mobile 01 821 2267.

Dr. Petchara Lohwitaya, Acupuncture treatments McCormick Hospital, Kaew Nawarat Rd. Tel. 0 5321 4311, 0 5324 1010.

Tai Chi Chaun, an intensive 10-day course (60 hours) three sessions daily: 7.00 to 9.30 am, 1.00 to 2.00 pm or 4.00 to 6.30 pm. Tel. Keith 0 5330 6012 ext. 201

Yoga Center, 65/1 Arak Road., Prasingh.

English information at Tel. 0 5327 7850, 0 5381 4206.

BOWLING

Bully Bowl, Kad Suan Kaew Complex, Huay Kaew Rd

Chiangmai Bowling, 205 Sriphoom Rd., Tel. 053 219207. Open 9.00 am.-2.00 pm.

UFO Bowling, Lamphun Rd., behind Mae Ping Police Station. Tel. 05380 1446-9.

JOGGING PARKS

Queen Sirikit Botanical Garden, Old Sameong Rd., Mae Sa, Tel. 0 5329 8171, 0 5329 9753.

Huay Kaew Arboretum, Huay Kaew Rd., near Zoo, 8.30-17.00 daily.

Huay Tueng Thao, Agriculture Development Center, Mae Rim Highway., km 8.

Roong Aroon Hot Springs, 23 kms. east of Sankampaeng. Tel. 0 5324 8475.

Sankampaeng Hot Springs (TAT), 23 kms. east of Sankampaeng. Tel. 0 5392 9077.

GOLF COURSES

Chiangmai Golf Driving Range, Airport Rd., Intersection Tel. 0 5328 2838,0 5328 3160.

Chiangmai Lamphun Golf Club, Tel. 0 5320 1606-7,0 53 88 0880.

Green Valley Golf & Country Club. Chiangmai -Mae Rim Rd., Tel. 0 53 29 8249.

Gymkhana Club, Lamphun Rd., Tel. 0 5324 1035.

Lanna Golf Course, Mae rim Rd., Tel. 0 5322 1911

Royal Chiangmai Golf, Mae Jo - Phrao Rd., Tel. 0 5384 9301.

Sankampaeng Golf Driving Range, Borsarng intersection, Tel. 0 5333 8309.

OTHER SPORTS

Lanna Sports Center, Chotana- Mae Rim Rd., Tel. 0 5322 1911, 0 5321 1556.

Horse back riding contact Travel Shoppe for more information at Tel. 0 5387 4091, 05387 4280.

Oriental Balloon Flight, 9 Moo 4, Floraville Housing Estate, km. 9, Chiangmai-Doi Saket Highway, Tel. 0 5339 8609. Fly daily.

View Chiangmai from the SKY! Discovery Adventure on pilot assisted 2-man microlight 20-min flight. Call 0 5386 8460, 0 5386 7646. 0 1952 5300. 

Join Exciting off road mountain bike tours available in 1 to 7 day excursions Wild Planet Adventure tours Tel. 0 5327 7178. Charoenprathet Road

Cruise Along the Mae Ping River in a long tail boat. All day departures from Wat Chaimongkol, Charoenprathet Rd. Tel. 0 5327 4822.

Rock Climbing at The Peak Plaza on Changklan Rd. Tel. 0 5380 0567. Or contact them to climb challenging Doi Muang On.

Kayaks and row boats available for rent from the Rowing Club at Forestry Department office on Charoenprathet Rd.

Gymkhana Club, Lamphun Road., Tel. 0 5324 1035.

Physical Education College, 68/1 Sanam Gira Rd., Tel. 0 5321 3269, 0 5321 1446, 0 5321 7708.

Scheduled Thai boxing evening matches. Call Tel. 0 5320 7087

Kiat Busaba/Lanna Muay Thai, 64/1 Soi Chang Kian, Huay Kaew Rd., Tel. 05389 2101. Training seven days a week. 6.30 -9.30 am and 4-7 pm. All are welcome from novice to professional.

Bungy Jump, 299 Moo 1, T. Mae Ram, A. Mae Rim Chiangmai. Open Daily. Tel. 0 5329 8442, 0 1894 7698, 01 671 8624. 

Ice Skating at Bully Ice in the Sky, Kad Suan Kaew Complex. 10 am-1 am.

Go Kart Track at the Chiangmai Speedway, 254 Moo 8, Chm-Hangdong Rd. , Tel. 0 5343 0059/60.

Microlighting. View Chiangmai from the SKY! Discovery Adventure in pilot assisted 2-man microlight 20-min flight. Call 0 5386 8460, 0 5386 7646. 0 1952 5300. 

Off Road Mountain Biking. Join exciting tours from 1 to 7 day excursions Wild Planet Adventure tours Tel. 0 5381 844. 73/3 Charoenprathet Road

Oriental Balloon Flights, 9 Moo 4, Floraville Housing Estate, km. 9, Chiangmai-Doi Saket Rd, Tel. 0 5339 8609. Fly daily.

Mountain Design (Thailand) and Mountain Adventure Club (MAC). Full adventure trip, adventure training course and guiding club. Tel./Fax 053-800187 or Mobile 01-3665882, 09-5593934.

The Peak Rock Climbing Plaza. Scaling 3-storey rock face, Changklan Road. Tel. 0 5380 0567. Also, climb challenging Doi Muang On mountainside.

http://www.chiangmai-guideline.com/sport/index.htm

• 8 months later...
I think Huay Thung Thaew Lake is one of the best deals in the area. Beautiful. Numerous spots to choose from, depending on whether you want peace and quiet, eating, swimming, kayaking or peddle boating... A place where kids have plenty of room to play, and where parent's chances for a quiet momentary respite from kids is a good possibility..:D

Some recent photos to illustrate my suggestion...

huaythungthaw.jpg

sala.jpg

sala2.jpg

:o

• 1 month later...

Just before the Chiang Mai-Lamphun Golf Club (Amphur Sankhampaeng) there is a small lake with a few restaurants. Very similar to Huay Tung Tao but less known. Between 30 and 60 minutes from the centre of CM, depending on your speed and knowledge of the area.

Just before the Chiang Mai-Lamphun Golf Club (Amphur Sankhampaeng) there is a small lake with a few restaurants. Very similar to Huay Tung Tao but less known. Between 30 and 60 minutes from the centre of CM, depending on your speed and knowledge of the area.

As soon as i find my road map, i will post the roads numbers.

• 2 weeks later...

Should be noted Bully Ice Skating is closed down. Add to the list Ngayt (sp?) dam just outside of Mae Tang. Huge Reservoir, take a boat out to one of the many floating restaurants, kick back do some fishing, you can get the poles and bait there. Take a dip if you want. I hear they now also have a houseboat you can charter. The kids like Chang Dao cave and feeding the fish out there. If you go there make sure and stop at the nest fab food gourmet in a bamboo bungalow setting.

• 1 month later...

I have just resurected and edited this thread and will pin it at the front of Chiang Mai forum. I think it could be an important resource, especially for those who are new to town.

Pleas feel free to ask and/or answer questions here, or add interesting places to go or things to do.

I will try to edit the thread to ensure it remains a useful resource.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great thread............

I will be constantly coming back for new ideas on thins/places to go and experience.

:o

• 5 months later...
I think Huay Thung Thaew Lake is one of the best deals in the area. Beautiful. Numerous spots to choose from, depending on whether you want peace and quiet, eating, swimming, kayaking or peddle boating... A place where kids have plenty of room to play, and where parent's chances for a quiet momentary respite from kids is a good possibility..:D

Ajarn, sounds like it's well worth a visit. Can you give me directions please coming from CM

Many thanks :o

Ajarn, sounds like it's well worth a visit. Can you give me directions please coming from CM

The most direct route is to follow the road that goes to the new stadium. About 2 kilometers past the stadium, before the road goes to the right and connects with Chotana rd., you'll see a sign and a turn to the left that crosses over the klong. Follow this paved road about 2 more kilometers, until you reach the front entrance to the lake. Admission for one person/one car is 15 baht. Basically, the lake is due north of the stadium. :D

The most direct route is to follow the road that goes to the new stadium. About 2 kilometers past the stadium, before the road goes to the right and connects with Chotana rd., you'll see a sign and a turn to the left that crosses over the klong. Follow this paved road about 2 more kilometers, until you reach the front entrance to the lake. Admission for one person/one car is 15 baht. Basically, the lake is due north of the stadium. :D

Yep, got that Ajarn, thanks again. :D

• 5 months later...

> Are the dogs allowed in national parks?

> Just want him to join the fun too!

It varies. Often it's no problem, but sometimes it's not allowed. There's no clear rules on this, it's best not to ask. Worst case is that it's not allowed, and then sometimes cages are provided to keep the dog. (Jaeson National Park in Lampang for example).

But it's just chance.. For Montrathan Waterfall in Doi Suthep - Pui national park the response was actually "Well, on weekdays it's no problem when the main supervisor is not in, but on weekends it's not allowed. "

Sometimes you can just say you keep the beast on a leash and then they'd be okay with it. Sometimes the park official offered to take care of it (tied to a tree in a shady spot with some water) while you check out a waterfall or cave..

So : You're mileage may vary. :o Most of the time we just brought the dog and it was never a serious problem.

• 2 months later...

A lot has already been mentioned and my wife and I have already enjoyed many of the above mentioned places.

If you are coming out towards Chiang Dao (1 - 1/2 hours North of Chiang Mai, depending if you take the bus/songtheaw or if you drive fast), there are a few things that are fun to do with kids...

Someone already mentioned the Mae Taeng Dam and Reservour, which is fun. We went over to the houseboats, with the boats you can rent there, had a bite to eat and sat around enjoying the nice scenery. If your kids are good swimmers, they can dive in and swim around.

Drawback is, it's a little expensive...first you have to pay the National Park Fee, then for the boat ride to the house boats and if I remember correctly, its a few more baht to use the houseboats for the day as well.

You can stay overnight on the houseboats for about 100 Baht per person, but we didn't, so I can't tell you what it's like.

Going on the houseboats will pretty much take up your whole day. For another interesting trip, I would suggest the following....

Take the Road out past Mae Taeng, towards Chiang Dao. Stop at the elephant training center on your right and enjoy the show there. Then go for an appoximately 90 minute elephant ride (one of the best elephant rides around I hear)

After, drive to Chiang Dao, have lunch, visit the Chiang Dao Cave and afterwards the mountain temple at the end of the road.

Have a nice dinner somewhere and head back to town.

There are also many places to spend the night, if you choose to do so.

Here are some of the websites for Chiang Dao: http://www.chiangdao.org and http://www.chiangdao.info

You can also hike up Doi Chiang Dao Luang, if you feel really fit and energetic. I just did it about a week ago and it was fantastic, but it would be too much for the inexperienced hiker or small children.

If you bring a bike or car, there are also many hilltribe villages that you can explore on your own and a nice hotspring on the road to Phrao, near Ban Nong Khrok. The hotsping is fairly unknown and only charges 30 Baht per person for a building with a big tub that will be filled with hot and cold water to your specifications. There are also many outside hotspring pools there.

• 1 month later...

a fewyears back i went to a water park out on the hang dong road , it was great water slides two large pools loads to do . the following year i went there with my baby son to introduce him to swimming and it was shut. does anybodt know if it is still shut or has it opened again ? i havent been back there since but would love to try it again.

• 7 months later...

Last Sunday had a nice drive out to Than Thong Lodge out east, San KamPang. About 40 min drive you go past Big C, straight on past the turnoff to Hot Springs. About 8-10 km past you will enter a village. Keep your eyes open for 2 signs, one to Than Thong Lodge, the other to John's Lodge. 4 km winding up from there you will find Than Thong Lodge on the left. A lovely landscaped garden and a nice restaurant. Nice place to let the dog run and enjoy the quiet of Chiangmai jungle. Not another visitor there (until you guys find it). Cook was excellent. Goes for a great easy afternoon when you want to get out of town.

PS think I'll try John's Lodge up the road next time around.

Malcy, I think that waterpark is dead. It's a pitty it isn't located on a piece of land adjacent to Central Airport using the same carparking. Chiangmai could do with a real nice waterpark for days other than Songkran. I remember they have great faciliteis at the Hang Dong park, similar to Pattaya Park, the location is just a disaster. If those waterslides could be brought into town, what a difference it could be.

Edited by jayjayjayjay

Last Sunday had a nice drive out to Than Thong Lodge out east, San KamPang. About 40 min drive you go past Big C, straight on past the turnoff to Hot Springs. About 8-10 km past you will enter a village. Keep your eyes open for 2 signs, one to Than Thong Lodge, the other to John's Lodge. 4 km winding up from there you will find Than Thong Lodge on the left. A lovely landscaped garden and a nice restaurant. Nice place to let the dog run and enjoy the quiet of Chiangmai jungle. Not another visitor there (until you guys find it). Cook was excellent. Goes for a great easy afternoon when you want to get out of town.

Malcy, I think that waterpark is dead. It's a pitty it isn't located on a piece of land adjacent to Central Airport using the same carparking. Chiangmai could do with a real nice waterpark for days other than Songkran. I remember they have great faciliteis at the Hang Dong park, similar to Pattaya Park, the location is just a disaster. If those waterslides could be brought into town, what a difference it could be.

couldnt agree more jayjay , anyway about than thong lodge , i went up there in march absoloutely lovely , the restaurant is called davids kitchen or someones kitchen i keep forgetting names , but they do italian food and its very good . they owner is a very polite and informed chef ,will go back again next time im over :o

• 2 weeks later...

Carry on past David's Kitchen (Than Thong lodge). The road climbs a lot more. pass thru village of Mae Kampong (2 coffee shops selling best fresh coffee in CM from local plantations). Eventually reach Mae Kampong waterfall. Well worth a visit, no ticket booth, most likely no one else there. Great day out. On the way way back you can even buy a fully grown tree for your garden at Huay Keaw(?) or if that's too much palm trees at a fraction of the price at Kham Tian flower mkt back in the city.

oh well, that was dumb, now the waterfall will be packed out next time we go....

• 2 weeks later...

I may regret giving this away.. :

Ob Khan Gorge.

(Not to be confused with the much further away Ob Luang gorge.)

Drive down the Canal Road, past the intersection with the Samoeng Road, keep driving for another 7 kms or so and you will get to Ban Nam Phrae. There you turn right. Keep driving, you will get to a branch of the Suan Prung loony house. Drive around it, following the road. Here the road turns to a dirt road. Then you get to the entrance of Ob Khan National Park.

Note that this national park does not charge the dreaded 200 baht. In weekends there will be food stalls as well. Weekdays it's mostly deserted.

Very nice, allows for swimming into the gorge and diving from the rocks in to the water. You can walk up along the gorge and then climb down to end up close to the fast flowing water.

I love living here. :o

Cheers,

Chanchao

I went there this afternoon.Had a lovely time.Im pleased to say the road has recently been resurfaced and only the last 500 metres or so is dirt road.

I should point out the river is really moving at the moment so i would suggest only confident or strong swimmers venture too far from shore. The current is very strong.

The place was deserted apart from the staff and both restaurants were closed.Great spot for a picnic though. BossHogg

Edited by BossHogg

Great park recommendation! But in regards to your warning regarding "only confident or strong swimmers", I would STILL say no.

I have lost several friends in rivers, in one of which the circumstances were somewhat gruesome (trapped under pilings, against a chain link fence, in front of his father...). Even if you are a strong and powerful swimmer, you aren't going to beat a river, ever, that is flowing at any speed. Add in sandpits, whirlpools, waterfalls- no bueno! Unless it is dead calm, with little flow, don't even think of trying it. Unless you're in a kayak, of course!

Just my 2 satangs.

McG

• 3 weeks later...

The most direct route is to follow the road that goes to the new stadium. About 2 kilometers past the stadium, before the road goes to the right and connects with Chotana rd., you'll see a sign and a turn to the left that crosses over the klong. Follow this paved road about 2 more kilometers, until you reach the front entrance to the lake. Admission for one person/one car is 15 baht. Basically, the lake is due north of the stadium. :o

These sort of directions reminds of the story of the doctor when asking when the symptons first appeared the patient replied "just after my sister visited me".

Some more detailed directions would be useful. Like how do you get to this 'new stadium' in the first place?

• 3 weeks later...

Davids Kitchen on the way to Mae Kampong is now run by new Thai owners. Not sure if they still serve up Italian food. And John's place in Mae Kampong, which looks lovely from the road, doesn't seem to be operating fully.

According to one of the owners, the local homestays which charge 500 baht/ night were not happy that everyone went to Johns place so asked him to up the price. He did, to 1000 baht/night.

If you carry on past Mae Kampong you get to some interesting roads with good views and some which need 1st gear on a 125 scooter. If its raining when you come down these, could be very interesting. Eventually you get to a great hotspring with stepping-stones across water, two outdoor swimming pools of different temperatures, lots of individual hotspring-water bathhouses, and a thai massage area. We saw many people camping around here in the winter, its a National Park - not sure which. Been here 3 times and never been asked for an entry charge.

Davids Kitchen on the way to Mae Kampong is now run by new Thai owners. Not sure if they still serve up Italian food.

Sorry to say the food is not what it was .It is still a lovely spot though . When the family and i were there three weeks ago we found the food to be ok.......but just ok.

They informed us Davids kitchen has moved to somewhere near the hotsprings in Sankampang .

Another good place to take the kids is Mae Hang Krai project out past Doi Saket. The entrance is off Hwy118 heading to Chiang Rai. There's a large gateway on righthand side & sign in English, as you crest a hill not far before you reach Pong Din police check point. The project covers a very large area of forest. It's a few km from the gate to HQ. Head across the dam from HQ & on right hand side is a small "children's" zoo, with wild boar, various deer & fowl including peacocks. The caged monkeys & gibbon look a tad. sad though. No facilities for refreshments but picnic sites. Also accessible from San Kampheang hot springs if you know where you're going. Took rubber dingy out on southernmost reservoir as you exit the project. Very peaceful.

post-22070-1195014398_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

For those who love to play Tarzan or Jane, The Flight of the Gibbon (a rainforest canopy ecotour) might be a worthy daytrip.

They have build several platforms high up in the canopy where you glide along cables from one platform to the other, while on a safety line and under close supervision of two guides all the time.

It is located approximately 37 km from Chiang Mai at the village of Mae Kompong on the edge of a beautiful national park.

You can go there as a one-day trip or stay overnight.

Check out their website www.treetopasia.com and for more info: http://www.ecospace.cc/travel/rainforest-c...y-tour-0108.htm

Another place that's definitely worth a visit (and support) is the Elephant Nature camp(approxiamtely 60 kms or 1 hour drive north of Chiang Mai, on the way to Chaing Dao): http://www.elephantnaturepark.org/index.htm

At this camp there are currently 32 elephants who all have been rescued and have suffered (severe) abuse.

Chas and Rachel of Tuskers helped saving three of the elephants who are now living a peaceful life at the camp.

The visit can be done as a day trip, one or two nights overstay or as a couple of months of very rewarding volunteer work at the camp.

Nienke