Proper manners leaflets handed out to Chinese tourists

Thaivisa News

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Another, meanwhile, warns against littering"

Better print that in Thai & hand out to locals!

No, no! Thais are models of perfect social behaviour. The fact that Thais crash a queue, or that they don't allow people to get out of an elevator or bus before they go in and (among, many, many other things), push a cart in a supermarket in one direction whilst looking at something else on the sidelines and crashing into an innocent shopper are just cultural traits we all should respect. Now, if a Chinese should do something like that, that is bad manners.

If I had included, pissing against a wall in the street, zipping up and down in motorcycles on the footpaths, etc. I would have been accused of being a Thai basher by the OCD possessed usual suspects.

I wonder if they will start handing out leaflets at Beijing International requesting Thais to refrain from walking around China with their index finger shove up their nose to the first knuckle as they nonchalantly pick at the inside for 10s of minutes at a time. Talk about disgusting behavior.

what a stupid comment!

If u despise thai people so much, just go back your wonderful country and stay with your wonderful people. im sure u did never travel in your life except going to pattaya every summer. Otherwise u would know that thai people are one of the most polite and respectful people in the world.

you are just a frustrated farang. We dont need people like you here. <<<< Thai language removed >>>>...

Hilarious!! Now go around your neighbourhood & pick up some litter....

Anyone have a link to the 62 page PDF that the Chinese government made on proper behavior ?

I found it in English on one site but there was about 20 missing pages in the middle .

It is pretty good for ANYONE , simple with drawings

I never knew it was bad to fill your cup all the way up in Holland !

Shame the Dutch don't fill up their bleeding beer glasses instead of giving you half a glass of froth !!

Anyone have a link to the 62 page PDF that the Chinese government made on proper behavior ?

I found it in English on one site but there was about 20 missing pages in the middle .

It is pretty good for ANYONE , simple with drawings

I never knew it was bad to fill your cup all the way up in Holland !

Fortunately the Dutch don't serve beer in a cup.

what a stupid comment!

If u despise thai people so much, just go back your wonderful country and stay with your wonderful people. im sure u did never travel in your life except going to pattaya every summer. Otherwise u would know that thai people are one of the most polite and respectful people in the world.

you are just a frustrated farang. We dont need people like you here. <<<< Thai language removed >>>>...

So if we are critical to Thai people throwing garbage everywhere, we should go home?

Lived here for 12 years (not a tourist) and find the increasing littering very depressing!!

You are just a frustrated Thai, who are offended by the truth.

Get a hobby or a life.....................coffee1.gif

You've lived in Thailand for 12 yrs yet to failed to notice youre in a developing country barely emerging from 3rd world status. Unlike more prosperous, developed countries in the west, there is limited garbage pickup, few public garbage bins and little to no education around recycling. And yet, many of the roads and neighborhoods are spotless compared to those in US, UK and other prosperous countries.

Go to Russia or even Spain and Italy and you will see as much garbage if not more lining there streets and beaches. Really you and other farangs in Thailand need to quit your whining and stop expecting 1st world standards in a developing country.

I had a wee chuckle to myself when I read the bit about litter. I was having a few drinks at the GFs sister's house today. The GF rips the plastic seal off of a bottle of water and throws it on the ground. I tell her to pick it up and she points at the other assorted bottle tops and the like that have been thrown on the ground during the day as if that is an excuse for her to do so. I pick it up and stick in her beer. She wasn't too happy but it made me smile. smile.png

what a stupid comment!

Ahh... The old "If you don't like it go home" response. And he calls your comment stupid. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I had a wee chuckle to myself when I read the bit about litter. I was having a few drinks at the GFs sister's house today. The GF rips the plastic seal off of a bottle of water and throws it on the ground. I tell her to pick it up and she points at the other assorted bottle tops and the like that have been thrown on the ground during the day as if that is an excuse for her to do so. I pick it up and stick in her beer. She wasn't too happy but it made me smile. smile.png

Good action!!

My wife is visiting family during SK and I toke the chance to get some things cleared/cleaned around the house. Now we have this fridge with water dispencer that has to be filled up every couple of days. Next to it is a small ice cube freezer installed for many month already and when I toke that from the wall I couldn't believe my eyes. For as long as that freezer was there the safety capsules from the refill bottles had been thrown behind that freezer.

That is not about lazyness, no no, you got that wrong; it is al about mai bpen rai and what you don't see cannot possibly be there.

No, no! Thais are models of perfect social behaviour. The fact that Thais crash a queue, or that they don't allow people to get out of an elevator or bus before they go in and (among, many, many other things), push a cart in a supermarket in one direction whilst looking at something else on the sidelines and crashing into an innocent shopper are just cultural traits we all should respect. Now, if a Chinese should do something like that, that is bad manners.

If I had included, pissing against a wall in the street, zipping up and down in motorcycles on the footpaths, etc. I would have been accused of being a Thai basher by the OCD possessed usual suspects.

You are a Thai basher, you clown, just too thick to realize it ! clap2.gif

And you are a example of good manners?

what a stupid comment!

If you need to call foreigners 'bird-sh*t farang', just write that out in English.

Really, if you need to say something derogatory, say it in English so everyone will understand your flame. thumbsup.gif

Once the Chinese realise what is written guess what the leaflets will become ?

They'll probably be laughing so hard at all the Chinese 'typos' that the leaflets will become a sought after curiosity to take back to the mainland.

"Look here Jing. It says, 'Don't hang your mother up in public.' Ha ha ha ha. That character should be 'laundry'. Ha ha ha ha ha!"

what a stupid comment!

So if we are critical to Thai people throwing garbage everywhere, we should go home?

Lived here for 12 years (not a tourist) and find the increasing littering very depressing!!

You are just a frustrated Thai, who are offended by the truth.

Get a hobby or a life.....................coffee1.gif

You've lived in Thailand for 12 yrs yet to failed to notice youre in a developing country barely emerging from 3rd world status. Unlike more prosperous, developed countries in the west, there is limited garbage pickup, few public garbage bins and little to no education around recycling. And yet, many of the roads and neighborhoods are spotless compared to those in US, UK and other prosperous countries.

Go to Russia or even Spain and Italy and you will see as much garbage if not more lining there streets and beaches. Really you and other farangs in Thailand need to quit your whining and stop expecting 1st world standards in a developing country.

The original irony was in the Thai authorities advising visiting Chinese to not drop litter. I understand them advising the Chinese not to gob everywhere, but please, don't preach about litter.....

To those who tire of the "if you do not like it ... go home" postings.

Imagine you are back in your homeland ... sitting in a pub .. or bar , depending where you are.

Now imagine a country on the other side of the ocean ... A man from that country walks in and orders a beer, asks the waitress for cheap sex, and then starts a rant about how dirty, stupid, corrupt, backwards and retarded you and everyone in your filthy backwater S - Hole country is.

Willing to bet, you would be the first, and with genuine enthusiasm to tell them to get the F out if they don’t like it ... and never come back.

It is funny how when you put the shoe on the other foot, and try to walk a mile... it gets a bit tight ... yes?

Yes indeed, those terrible Chinese, washing their despicable feet in a sink of all places.

What about all the expat criminals in Thailand - operating with impunity? Does that offend anyone per chance, as the Boiler Room Boys rip off farang "suckers," to quote them verbatim.

Lets ignore that, and fuss over Chinese tourists washing feet in airport terminals.

Priorities are askew

tsk tsk tsk

Yes indeed, those terrible Chinese, washing their despicable feet in a sink of all places.

What about all the expat criminals in Thailand - operating with impunity? Does that offend anyone per chance, as the Boiler Room Boys rip off farang "suckers," to quote them verbatim.

Lets ignore that, and fuss over Chinese tourists washing feet in airport terminals.

Priorities are askew

tsk tsk tsk

"Priorities are askew" ... not as far askew as your ability to follow the thread of this story.

Wow, you really do have an axe to grind ... so I guess we can look forward to your next posting if someone mentions the weather.

"The weather! The weather! Do you think a little rain is as big a problem as Expat Criminals? "

Dude, take your meds, have a cup of Chamomile tea, breath in, breath out. Chill dawg …. chill

what a stupid comment!

you are just a frustrated farang. We dont need people like you here. ฝรั่งขี้นก...

Ahh... The old "If you don't like it go home" response. And he calls your comment stupid. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Reposted just for you ....

To those who tire of the "if you do not like it ... go home" postings.

Imagine you are back in your homeland ... sitting in a pub .. or bar , depending where you are.

Now imagine a country on the other side of the ocean ... A man from that country walks in and orders a beer, asks the waitress for cheap sex, and then starts a rant about how dirty, stupid, corrupt, backwards and retarded you and everyone in your filthy backwater S - Hole country is.

Willing to bet, you would be the first, and with genuine enthusiasm to tell them to get the F out if they don’t like it ... and never come back.

It is funny how when you put the shoe on the other foot, and try to walk a mile... it gets a bit tight ... yes?

Priorities are askew

tsk tsk tsk

"Priorities are askew" ... not as far askew as your ability to follow the thread of this story.

Wow, you really do have an axe to grind ... so I guess we can look forward to your next posting if someone mentions the weather.

"The weather! The weather! Do you think a little rain is as big a problem as Expat Criminals? "

Dude, take your meds, have a cup of Chamomile tea, breath in, breath out. Chill dawg …. chill

Great reply, and perhaps even apros pos. Let's see what the pack mentality thinks..incoming, but I'm okay with it.giggle.gif

In my dysfunctional world, minor Chinese faux pas like washing in public, hanging panties in the airport is sweet F all.

That pales in comparison to all the Chinese drownings in Phuket. HOW ABOUT BEING PROACTIVE IN THAT AREA?

I say saving Chinese tourist lives trumps a little poor etiquette on the part of the Chinese.

But we can agree to disagree.

Have a nice evening, and Happy, happy hunting, whatever it is you desire.

TAT's priorities are arse about face IMHO.

They should focus of tourist safety, and they don't.

They focus on tourist $$, and little itty bitty things like proper tourist etiquette.

Now lets not pick on the farang sexpats - they have enough on their plates..cheesy.gif

How is telling the truth make him a Thai basher, are the Thais, Chinese bashers then, and Farang bashers, or just telling the truth, up my wifes village most of them walk around with their finger up their nose bogey flicking

I lived in HK for 20 years and frequently travelled to the mainland on business. I was initially horrified to experience the Chinese people's bad manners, eg, spitting on the floor in a restaurant, but then realised that it is not really their fault. I blame the Chinese communist party who, during the cultural revolution of the 1970s, killed off anybody with any education or culture so that they were left with the dregs throughout society. It is only those Chinese who spend longer periods overseas, eg, for education and business, that understand normal social behaviour.

One of the things which used to p*** me off was them queue jumping at the boarding gate at airports and ferry terminals. I would drag the offenders out by their collars and tell them in Chinese that I didn't care what they did behind me but they weren't going to push in front of me.

There is no point shouting at them. The only way is to calmly make them lose face. When we had to suffer smokers in no smoking areas I would approach them politely and tell them that I didn't mind them committing suicide but they weren't going to take the rest of us with them. The crowd then laughed out loud at the offender who, having been belittled, would put out the offending cigarette.

no spitting before Mao?? lol! try again pal!

Why so aggressive? If you can't male a point without abuse, it is you who lacks social skills, any sense of etiquette, and probably education.

I find many Asians, from most countries, to be rude and lacking social skills, by OUR standards, but jumping queues seems a way of life in Asia, some countries worse than others.

Spitting in the street was a regular occurrence 40 years ago in the west, and I recall campaigns to reduce/stop the practice. I notice that in Australia spitting has reemerged amongst the lower socioeconomic/ intellectual group who see themselves as 'disadvantaged', principally because left wing thinkers tell them the rich are the enemy.

I don't see that telling it as one sees it as Thai bashing, but it's worth remembering that different standards exist. The way to change that is education.

Archived