Proper manners leaflets handed out to Chinese tourists

Thaivisa News

And when paying the non-existing Jet Ski damage remember to smile and dont forget the tip, and say thank you to the kind forgiving Jet Ski man.

Geez, are the Chinese using jet skis now ?? None of them can swim. There is at least one Chinese tourist a week drowning in Pattaya Bay. I very rarely go down to central Pattaya beach now because of the hundreds of Chinese getting on and off speed boats. I don't jog there anymore, they just don't move, and when you shout at them the Thai boat and tour operators look at you as if they want to cut your throat. Put them onto jet skis and I'm sure they are like (un)guided missiles.

God when is this invasion ever going to end ? Not for a long time yet I guess, if the elites in TAT have anything to do with it.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Another, meanwhile, warns against littering"

Better print that in Thai & hand out to locals!

"Ain't that the truth."

I wonder if "proper manners section" has anything printed a/b operating a motor vehicle on public roadways? If it does please print in Thai and distribute Kingdom wide.

No, no! Thais are models of perfect social behaviour. The fact that Thais crash a queue, or that they don't allow people to get out of an elevator or bus before they go in and (among, many, many other things), push a cart in a supermarket in one direction whilst looking at something else on the sidelines and crashing into an innocent shopper are just cultural traits we all should respect. Now, if a Chinese should do something like that, that is bad manners.

If I had included, pissing against a wall in the street, zipping up and down in motorcycles on the footpaths, etc. I would have been accused of being a Thai basher by the OCD possessed usual suspects.

You are a Thai basher, you clown, just too thick to realize it ! clap2.gif

Humn???? When someone states the facts or what they've experienced, is that bashing?

As my polite well mannered Chinese friend said to me. "How can a country tell me about manners, when it throws buckets of water over strangers,unrequested!" It's known as Thai hypocrisy was the reply.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

what a stupid comment!
If u despise thai people so much, just go back your wonderful country and stay with your wonderful people. im sure u did never travel in your life except going to pattaya every summer. Otherwise u would know that thai people are one of the most polite and respectful people in the world.

you are just a frustrated farang. We dont need people like you here. <<<< Thai language removed >>>>...

...but they're still filthy litter bugs. Just got back from Laos..what a difference! So clean.

what a stupid comment!

If u despise thai people so much, just go back your wonderful country and stay with your wonderful people. im sure u did never travel in your life except going to pattaya every summer. Otherwise u would know that thai people are one of the most polite and respectful people in the world.

you are just a frustrated farang. We dont need people like you here. ฝรั่งขี้นก...

Ahh... The old "If you don't like it go home" response. And he calls your comment stupid. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Reposted just for you ....

To those who tire of the "if you do not like it ... go home" postings.

Imagine you are back in your homeland ... sitting in a pub .. or bar , depending where you are.

Now imagine a country on the other side of the ocean ... A man from that country walks in and orders a beer, asks the waitress for cheap sex, and then starts a rant about how dirty, stupid, corrupt, backwards and retarded you and everyone in your filthy backwater S - Hole country is.

Willing to bet, you would be the first, and with genuine enthusiasm to tell them to get the F out if they don’t like it ... and never come back.

It is funny how when you put the shoe on the other foot, and try to walk a mile... it gets a bit tight ... yes?

No.

Sorry but you are wrong. I am not stupid enough to think my country (UK) is perfect. If someone has a valid criticism then I am happy to listen. About 20 years ago the EU criticized the water quality in beaches around the UK. We spent millions building new sewerage treatment plants as we recognised it was a fair criticism. The result is we have sewerage free beaches which is good for both tourists, residents and the ecology.

The original post in this thread by MESmith was about littering. I think that is a valid point. When I see people littering in the UK it pisses me off as it does in Thailand. I don't see where MESmith states that he despises Thailand or Thai people as he was accused. If people are blind to the truth that is their problem. No need to jump to a wild conclusion and tell the guy to go home. That's a piss poor argument.

what a stupid comment!

you are just a frustrated farang. We dont need people like you here. <<<< Thai language removed >>>>...

3 cheers for the 'go back to your own country brigade, hip hip..."

Leaflets in Mandarin? I doubt it. Think you mean Simplified Chinese.

there must be a place in hell that let loose a bunch of wanna be know it all's, ehhhh. ... it is mandarin you twit, "simplified chinese" is a western invention :-)

So if we are critical to Thai people throwing garbage everywhere, we should go home?

Lived here for 12 years (not a tourist) and find the increasing littering very depressing!!

You are just a frustrated Thai, who are offended by the truth.

Get a hobby or a life.....................coffee1.gif

You've lived in Thailand for 12 yrs yet to failed to notice youre in a developing country barely emerging from 3rd world status. Unlike more prosperous, developed countries in the west, there is limited garbage pickup, few public garbage bins and little to no education around recycling. And yet, many of the roads and neighborhoods are spotless compared to those in US, UK and other prosperous countries.

Go to Russia or even Spain and Italy and you will see as much garbage if not more lining there streets and beaches. Really you and other farangs in Thailand need to quit your whining and stop expecting 1st world standards in a developing country.

The original irony was in the Thai authorities advising visiting Chinese to not drop litter. I understand them advising the Chinese not to gob everywhere, but please, don't preach about litter.....

The only irony here is you pointing out the contradiction of Thai authorities when your own countrymen are just as guilty of littering, main difference being yours has the money and infrastructure to deal with litter cleanup.

So if we are critical to Thai people throwing garbage everywhere, we should go home?

Lived here for 12 years (not a tourist) and find the increasing littering very depressing!!

You are just a frustrated Thai, who are offended by the truth.

Get a hobby or a life.....................coffee1.gif

You've lived in Thailand for 12 yrs yet to failed to notice youre in a developing country barely emerging from 3rd world status. Unlike more prosperous, developed countries in the west, there is limited garbage pickup, few public garbage bins and little to no education around recycling. And yet, many of the roads and neighborhoods are spotless compared to those in US, UK and other prosperous countries.

Go to Russia or even Spain and Italy and you will see as much garbage if not more lining there streets and beaches. Really you and other farangs in Thailand need to quit your whining and stop expecting 1st world standards in a developing country.

The original irony was in the Thai authorities advising visiting Chinese to not drop litter. I understand them advising the Chinese not to gob everywhere, but please, don't preach about litter.....

I go by the '5 Minute Rule'. If I have trash in my hand that needs to be thrown away, and I carry it any longer than 5 minutes without finding a trashcan to drop it in, it simply gets dropped along the side of the road. Folks from nanny-states will probably pack their trash back to the hotel room or condo. So, I can understand anyone's littering behavior here in The LOS. When Thailand starts putting sufficient numbers of trash receptacles in public places, folks including Chinese, might actually use them.

The amount of packaging on products in Thailand is phenomenal.Do they have plenty of waste bins to deal with this? Do they hell! As my old dad used to say about stupidity, "if they had a brain, they,d be dangerous"!

Yes indeed, those terrible Chinese, washing their despicable feet in a sink of all places.

What about all the expat criminals in Thailand - operating with impunity? Does that offend anyone per chance, as the Boiler Room Boys rip off farang "suckers," to quote them verbatim.

Lets ignore that, and fuss over Chinese tourists washing feet in airport terminals.

Priorities are askew

tsk tsk tsk

You can't wash your feet in a sink? Really? Note to self: Stop washing you feet in the sink......oh heck, nevermind. Nobody has given me a leaflet written in English telling me that. Continue the practice...ignorance is bliss.

No, no! Thais are models of perfect social behaviour. The fact that Thais crash a queue, or that they don't allow people to get out of an elevator or bus before they go in and (among, many, many other things), push a cart in a supermarket in one direction whilst looking at something else on the sidelines and crashing into an innocent shopper are just cultural traits we all should respect. Now, if a Chinese should do something like that, that is bad manners.

If I had included, pissing against a wall in the street, zipping up and down in motorcycles on the footpaths, etc. I would have been accused of being a Thai basher by the OCD possessed usual suspects.

Why so aggressive? If you can't male a point without abuse, it is you who lacks social skills, any sense of etiquette, and probably education.

I find many Asians, from most countries, to be rude and lacking social skills, by OUR standards, but jumping queues seems a way of life in Asia, some countries worse than others.

Spitting in the street was a regular occurrence 40 years ago in the west, and I recall campaigns to reduce/stop the practice. I notice that in Australia spitting has reemerged amongst the lower socioeconomic/ intellectual group who see themselves as 'disadvantaged', principally because left wing thinkers tell them the rich are the enemy.

I don't see that telling it as one sees it as Thai bashing, but it's worth remembering that different standards exist. The way to change that is education.

I can't jump queue. Farang trait, good-upbringing, taught manners, just can't do it. It's not in me.

However.....that doesn't stop me from sending in my wife "on point". Man, she can find the front of a queue of people in a Bangkok minute. She's like a pit bull at immigration Lol. "Hey sweetie! Can you get 'sammie' a queue number mai krap?" Farang folk don't have a chance. biggrin.png

The only irony here is you pointing out the contradiction of Thai authorities when your own countrymen are just as guilty of littering, main difference being yours has the money and infrastructure to deal with litter cleanup.

The irony is that you don't get the point of his post. In every country a certain amount of <removed> will drop litter. In western countries people are paid to clean up after these <removed>. That doesn't make it right but you can imagine their thinking. "Someone else will clean it up . Don't worry about it." What goes through the head of the Thai person that litters? "No one else will pick it up. That plastic bag will take thousands of years to decompose and will likely be choked upon by some poor unfortunate animal. Mai Pien Rai".

His post is litter bashing not Thai bashing.

The irony is that you don't get the point of his post. In every country a certain amount of <removed> will drop litter. In western countries people are paid to clean up after these <removed>. That doesn't make it right but you can imagine their thinking. "Someone else will clean it up . Don't worry about it." What goes through the head of the Thai person that litters? "No one else will pick it up. That plastic bag will take thousands of years to decompose and will likely be choked upon by some poor unfortunate animal. Mai Pien Rai".

So basically youre saying Thais being from developing country with few resources should be held to higher standards than farang from developed countries with plenty of resources. Maybe you need to rethink your logic...why are you still in Thailand?

I think we need a "proper manners" leaflet for TV members. Oh wait, there is one (rules for posting), but some people don't seem to have read it.

Can we add a rule about not stereotyping, over-generalising and exaggerating? All posts which do that to be removed. That would cut down on the length of many threads somewhat, eh?

what a stupid comment!

you are just a frustrated farang. We dont need people like you here. >...

You say you dont need people like him here? But you accept 'here' having litter thrown just about anywhere?

I once had a nam som plastic bottle in my hand, couldnt find a bin, but a Thai friend took it off me, and just dropped it in the street! Nice one eh? You like that?

To those who tire of the "if you do not like it ... go home" postings.

Imagine you are back in your homeland ... sitting in a pub .. or bar , depending where you are.

Now imagine a country on the other side of the ocean ... A man from that country walks in and orders a beer, asks the waitress for cheap sex, and then starts a rant about how dirty, stupid, corrupt, backwards and retarded you and everyone in your filthy backwater S - Hole country is.

Willing to bet, you would be the first, and with genuine enthusiasm to tell them to get the F out if they dont like it ... and never come back.

It is funny how when you put the shoe on the other foot, and try to walk a mile... it gets a bit tight ... yes?

It does get a bit monotonous to read it on so many posts though. earlier on, a guy said it in his FIRST post to another guy who's lived here 12 years!

And yes, they would exit the bar through a window in my pub, .......and if you don't like that, go home....(ugh, i hate that saying so much)

what a stupid comment!

you are just a frustrated farang. We dont need people like you here. >...

3 cheers for the 'go back to your own country brigade, hip hip..."

Hooray!!!

So basically youre saying Thais being from developing country with few resources should be held to higher standards than farang from developed countries with plenty of resources. Maybe you need to rethink your logic...why are you still in Thailand?

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• 2 months later...

Ah yes the truth is so not welcome in Land of Scapegoats ...whistling.gif

While we are on the topic of good manners, I saw the weirdest thing in Rimping. 2 people soaking their hands in the tofu display!

In case you haven't seen it, it's up there at the back and filled with icy cold water. They stood there for a good 5 minutes - maybe more, soaking their hands in the water. No they weren't Chinese, they were on home territory so to speak.

Archived