Woman beaten, bitten and killed in Chiang Mai

Thaivisa News

Chiang Mai: – Police are investigating the brutal murder of an unidentified woman who was physically and sexually assaulted before being left to die suffocating in her own blood at a love hotel.

A man and the woman checked in for a short-time stay at the hotel on Charoen Prathet Road before daybreak on Tuesday, Lieutenant Boworn Sombun of Mueang Chiang Mai police station said.

The two appeared to be Songkran revellers according to hotel attendants, Boworn said.

The attendants said they saw the man left alone around 9.00 am and that by noon, the team of housekeepers found the girl dead in the bathroom.

Preliminary examination of the victim’s body and forensic checks on the scene found that the victim died of blood suffocation, known as choking in her own blood.

The victim, aged around 25 to 30, was left to die naked and lying face down on the bathroom’s floor.

She had multiple cuts and bruises. She was hit by glass bottle several times in the face and the nape of her neck. Her breasts were bitten. She had had sex before her death.

Forensic officials found blood pool on the bed and that her body was dragged from the bed to be left in the bathroom.

Police checked the security camera footage and made out the facial profile of the man who checked into the hotel with the victim.

Investigators said they would pursue all leads, including sex game gone wrong, lovers quarrel and attempt to cover up sexual violations and theft.

Investigators said they would pursue all leads, including sex game gone wrong, lovers quarrel and attempt to cover up sexual violations and theft.

Those aren't leads, and none are even remotely pertinent to this crime, or finding the killer.

But sure makes for good copy when you really have no idea how to proceed.

I am not sure police forces always share all details of any investigation with news reporters.

• Like 1

Police should be looking for a beast and not for a human being.

I hope they catch him soon.

Another thing, I wonder about is, shouldn't the hotel ask for ID when check in?

May she rests in Peace.

It happened at a 'love' hotel also known in the west as a 'hot-sheet' hotel or motel.

They don't take ID's and payments are typically in cash.

Those aren't leads, and none are even remotely pertinent to this crime, or finding the killer.

I am not sure police forces always share all details of any investigation with news reporters.

The police should have just said, "We will follow all leads." There is always going to be too much said when you put a microphone in front of a Thai official.

Edited by Local Drunk
  • Like 2

TV has shown video clips of the man leaving..

This was a gory killing. Seems he bit her nipple off & stabbed her 6 times

Hope they catch this guy quickly

Many comments on CM108 in Thai are claiming it was at the Al Farooq Hotel

I hope others catch him before the cops if that is true......

No excuse for treating a girl like that ......people have to work for a living and deserve to do so in safety.

Similar happened in Sydney..... the girls got him a fee days later and he ended up dead with several parts cut off....apparently painfully. The persued the case with closed eyes.....they reckon he got what he deserved,

• Like 1

It doesn't look like a short time hotel with the carport and curtain.

So an Id should have been handed over , maybe the id of the girl ?

Very strange that nobody heard anything, there must have been other guests at the hotel ?

RIP young girl , what a sad way to go.

i hope they get the bastard soon.

Edited by terminatorchiangmai

I hope others catch him before the cops if that is true......

No excuse for treating a girl like that ......people have to work for a living and deserve to do so in safety.

Similar happened in Sydney..... the girls got him a fee days later and he ended up dead with several parts cut off....apparently painfully. The persued the case with closed eyes.....they reckon he got what he deserved,

Funny you should mention that as on this mornings channel 3 Thai TV news they were showing a man's dead body they found in a burned in a field

with his penis cut off. I did not catch what province it was in though.

"Police checked the security camera footage and made out the facial profile of the man who checked into the hotel with the victim." Why not post his picture from the video? This is a brutal crime...Someone would know him. I truly hope that someone isn't being protected.

My thoughts exactly, surely if there was any necessity and urgency to catch this animal, then his picture should be all over TV and other media channels ASAP

• Like 1

"Police checked the security camera footage and made out the facial profile of the man who checked into the hotel with the victim." Why not post his picture from the video? This is a brutal crime...Someone would know him. I truly hope that someone isn't being protected.

On TV channel 3 news has been showing the actual video footage it is not blurred

Spot on. These idiots are in some dream world of policing. They have no idea how to go about it.

The woman`s private parts were mutilated by a broken bottle, her nipples were bitten off and much worse that I won`t go into.

This was not a sex game, but the crazed attack of a psychopath and there is expected to be an arrest soon. Watch this space.

• Like 1