Recommendations for an English language school for a Thai student?

thonglover

Hello,

There are so many English language schools in Bangkok! It's hard to choose and I could not find any rating site that compares them.

I'm looking for a school along lower Sukhumvit, possibly all the way to Siam.

Do you have any recommendation? Ideally I'd like a school that uses modern teaching methods suited for young adults.

Thank you in advance for any hints.

The best way to find what is best for your child is to visit schools in the area you desire. Talk to the teachers and let your child talk with them. Many schools are run by non-Thai speakers and for children, that can be a problem. My recommendation is look for a school with Thai speaking teachers that express themselves well in english. Ask how long the teachers have been at the school since turn over can be high preventing consistent lessons. I like the school at Chumchuri Square that teaches using phonics.

AUA is pretty good.

My wife studied there for 1 year (10h per week) before I met her, and has awesome English as a result.

We also got her aunt to study there for around 9 months (4h per week) and she showed significant improvement.

They both absolutely loved studying there too, as they made lots of good friends etc while studying.

AUA has branches all around BKK (and Thailand in general), so if you contact their office you should be able to find one close to you (Their head office is at Chamchuri square, so might be the same one the other poster was recommending too).

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there,

near Siam, I like both Language Express (BTS Phloen Chit) and Modulo language school (Central World). Berlitz at Siam Paragon used to be great, but I think quality has dropped in the last few years and prices are outrageous!

Both LX and MLS are premium schools, though, so be warned. Great quality makes them great value in my opinion. Both schools have western style management and it shows in quality control and professionalism.

My wife has studied at both schools (medical English, adult, obviously) and loved them both... she's at Modulo now because it's a little cheaper.

EDIT: I was thinking about your comment that said there wasn't any website to compare schools, so I've opened the Facebook pages of each school to compare ;) A little disappointing :(

AUA: no reviews? Hidden, perhaps?

Modulo language school: 4.6/5 Reviews: 117

Language Express: no reviews

Wallstreet English: no reviews

Edufirst: 3.9/5 Reviews: 86

Berlitz: no reviews

Inlingua: no reviews

Boston Bright: 4.2/5 Reviews: 46

Hope this helps!

• 9 months later...

I am currently enrolled at LX (language express) near the Phloen Chit BTS station. I'm impressed with the learning curriculum and the flexibility of the classes. I had previously tried UTL (Unity Language School) near the Asoke station for 1 month, also a great school but I found the material was outdated and the learning method was high paced.

My advice when looking for a language school is try a trial class!!, just ask if you can sit in the back of the classroom and differentiate between the schools that your interested in!

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

I am currently enrolled at LX (language express) near the Phloen Chit BTS station. I'm impressed with the learning curriculum and the flexibility of the classes. I had previously tried UTL (Unity Language School) near the Asoke station for 1 month, also a great school but I found the material was outdated and the learning method was high paced.

My advice when looking for a language school is try a trial class!!, just ask if you can sit in the back of the classroom and differentiate between the schools that your interested in!

Good luck!

Currently enrolled? I have to ask why you would need to be attending English lessons...

Archived