Two corpses stolen from graveyard

Thaivisa News

Udon Thani:- Two corpses have lately been stolen from a graveyard in Udon Thani’s Prachaksinlapakhom district in what police believe is related to amulet making.

A prime suspect is a roaming monk who claims to have supernatural power, Pol Colonel Jamlong Panjana of Prachaksinlapakhom Police Station says.

According to the ongoing police investigation, this monk popped up in Ban Non Sa in the district last month and told locals that he could use the corpses that belong to persons suffering from shocking deaths in fixing lottery results.

“Many locals are thus willing to tell the monk where he can find such corpses,” Jamlong says.

Superstitious beliefs say such corpses can be used for black magic.

Locals in Ban Non Sa found out about the stolen corpses after they visited the graveyard ahead of the Songkran Festival to clean the graves of their late relatives.

One of the bodies belongs to a 32-year-old man who was shot dead and buried late last year. The other belongs to a 26-year-old woman who died in the stage of pregnancy.

“Such thefts have brought much grief to their relatives. The mothers want to make merits to their late children but they can’t,” Ban Non Sa village head Wichien Boonpa complains.

The two mothers officially lodged complaints with police on Sunday.

Police say evidence suggests the corpses were dug up just a few days before the graveyard-visit period began.

Last month, police in another district also received a report that the bodies of two drown siblings were stolen from a graveyard.

“We believe the thefts are related,” Jamlong says, “We will try to nail down culprits”.

• Like 1

I thought they cremate the dead in Thailand.

Haven't noticed any graveyards anywhere I've been.

Only the memorial shrines in the yards of the Wats, that I believe they contain the ashes.

I'm learning something different every day........................

Only the memorial shrines in the yards of the Wats, that I believe they contain the ashes.

There are everywhere Chinese graveyards......But I am not sure if these corps work good for Thai lottery or if they work better for Chinese lottery.

Solid comedy gold,

What happened to the pointy pics showing us where the bodies used to be?

This poses an interesting question, is there any crime if there are no victims?

Habeas Corpus is a simple concept in law

Edited by Manbing

I know of two cases where Thai Buddhists were buried. They both had commited suicide. After 7 years what was left of the corpse was exhumed and then cremated with ceremony, monks and all. I attended one of these, quite bizzare.

Edited by Toknarok
  • Like 1

Great for you Costas and now focus on things that matters!

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Exactly they do cremate the dead so where did the bodies come from?

We as non Buddhist should respect their religion maybe they have the power to do that.

Also we have to remember we are guess here

And most of all remember with Jesus Christ our Lord anything is possible

Maybe even this

You're a funny troll (some of the time).

• Like 1

In my village a school girl was killed in a road accident, she foretold her death a few days before running out on to the road in front of a car. The result was she was buried for seven years before cremation, some of her bones had been stolen while she was buried for black magic or asay ya saad as they say here in Isaan.

We as non Buddhist should respect their religion maybe they have the power to do that.

Maybe even this

I've met a few people called Harry before but someone as Harry as you i've never met, get off the booze quick.

• Like 1

Burke and Hare, spring to mind here but eventually they ran out of fresh corpses and started to make their own, won’t be long before the lottery wining monks start on the slippery road to murder once they run out of bodies to dig up in the middle of the night.

Maybe even this

I agree! The Soup Dragon told me the same.
  • Like 1

Maybe even this

I agree! The Soup Dragon told me the same.

Mr. Dillligad, please don't be too hard on him. A short look at the username, let me guest, he's from Pattaya ,does excuse all.

I truly hope that the Soup Dragon didn't show his magic face, right when you're livin' in the past.

I'm atheist, so i do not believe in "our Lord bla bla". Hope this guy'll never show up at our house to sell us his god.

Jehovah's Witness? Seventh Day Atheist? Reborn Camper? Mormon, or Oxy-Moron? Or plain straight Catholic with a tendency for little boys??

No, please keep that all for you. Maybe even this.

Edited by lostinisaan

Chinese,Muslims,Christians and Jews ?,bury their dead,there are 2 cemetery's

up here in Chiang Mai I know about,even have a plot in one,but hoping I don't

need it for a while yet.

Buddhism has some really twisted people in the ranks,and too many things that

have nothing to do with it.

regards Worgeordie

Ah, how did that grave deal work out? Can you at least own that plot of land personally ...?

need it for a while yet.

regards Worgeordie

Ah, how did that grave deal work out? Can you at least own that plot of land personally ...?

Only if you live there for longer......facepalm.gif

need it for a while yet.

regards Worgeordi

At this time of the year my wife does her "cleaning of the bones" to make merit. Those who do it dress all in white and spend a long day cleaning the bones of the dead who had nobody to "see them off" and pay for the funeral. Like what we know as a paupers grave. They clean and prepare the bones for creamation and also to make new places available for fiture "residents".

I think this is just a beautiful thing and would be nice if we in the West had something similar.