PM urges all Thais to make Thailand worth visiting

webfact

PM urges all Thais to make Thailand worth visiting

BANGKOK, 17 April 2015 (NNT) – Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-ocha has called on all Thais to help make their country worth knowing and visiting, during his announcement of the government’s performance over the past six months.

PM Prayut has asked all sectors, including the general public to do their best to strengthen society while the government strives to reform the country and solve deep-rooted problems.

To build a peaceful society, Gen. Prayut stressed that it was important that all citizens were aware of their role and mobilized their efforts to do their duty to the best of their ability. He reiterated that no country could build a better society through the exploitation of the rights and freedoms of others.

Gen. Prayut also called on the public not to worry about Section 44, saying the law was actually intended to enable authorities to suppress illegal activities more effectively.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-04-17 footer_n.gif

• Like 1

Gen. Prayut also called on the public not to worry about Section 44, saying the law was actually intended to enable authorities to suppress illegal activities more effectively.

Don't worry it will not be inforced, we just wrote it down because we had some empty pages left, don't worry.

Isn't it time the general stops taking all Thais for idiots.

Think the Thai junta is cleverer than given credit for and they think that Insurance companies around the world understand military coup but don,t understand section 44.... same same but different and maybe just maybe visiting farangs can get holiday insurance now......jing jing

Thailand is in desperate need of an modern, international oriented PM with brains who is living in the reality with both feet on the ground, instead of a daft old man who walks in the shadow of his own ego in his exclusive silk shirts.

555 will never happen TIT

• Like 1

Thailand is in desperate need of an modern, international oriented PM with brains who is living in the reality with both feet on the ground, instead of a daft old man who walks in the shadow of his own ego in his exclusive silk shirts.

Prayuth

Yingluck

Abhisit

Somchai

Samak

Surajud

Thaksin

While Abhisit and Yingluck were young and modern it didn't work well.

If I have to rank them: Surayud, Prayuth, Samak, Abhisit, Somchai, Yingluck, Thaksin I would say Prayuth is on top of the best PMs in the last 15 years.

(But only because Kermit the Frog wasn't PM, he would lead by a fair margin)

• Like 2

They killed the golden goose, along time ago.! Greed and corruption.

That's it in a nutshell. But at least the PM's statement suggests that there might actually be some slowly dawning awareness of the fact ...

Edited by hawker9000

and I would suggest he implement some sort of environmental plan before the whole place becomes a plastic garbage dump. I live here and am absolutely appalled at what I see across the whole country. Visitors come to see "amazing Thailand" not polluted oceans and waterways fillled piles and piles of plastic and trash. Clean it up while your tourists are still coming and maybe they'll come back again.

or... maybe the PM could visit Chiang Mai once again, and try and get around the city on foot. He would find it difficult to stay on the footpaths, as they're filled with motor bikes, and many of the footpaths are broken and crumbling away. It's easier, but more risky, to walk on the streets. Thais do this, but always with their backs to the traffic.

I've been here more than 3 years and have yet to see any work done for those using their feet.

As for motor traffic, gridlocks are becoming more common, as so many large farm vehicles (4WDs) take up a lane and a half and think they're king of the road.

• Like 1

Dear Mr. Prime Minister, Thailand is already worth visiting! And it saddens me to see all the negative responses here. If you don't think it's worth being here, why in the world don't you go somewhere else? Perhaps most just complain endlessly because it's not cool to just go with the flow. I adore everything about Thailand and there is no place on this planet that I would rather be. But I'm just one woman who is filled with gratitude for the chance to live in paradise.

So please, Mr. Prime Minister, remember why you took over the government last year. You believed you could make things better for Thais and visitors. It is worth it to come to Thailand, and your passion for this country is why so many Thais love what you are doing. And to those who can only see problems, have you stepped up to make things better yet?

Thailand, regardless of it's reputation has two things going for it ..

1. Everyone want to come here at least once ..and there are a lot of Chinese !!

2. Alternatives are not good ..Cambodia, Mayamar, Malaysia, Philippines, Vietnam ..good place to visit but hasn''t got that 'rose tinted glasses' appeal of Phuket ..Chiang Mai etc.

My 2 daughters (mid 20s from the UK) visited the usual tourist spots ..they have expressed no interest in coming back ..

Edited by rmacee
  • Like 1

Dear Mr. Prime Minister, Thailand is already worth visiting! And it saddens me to see all the negative responses here. If you don't think it's worth being here, why in the world don't you go somewhere else? Perhaps most just complain endlessly because it's not cool to just go with the flow. I adore everything about Thailand and there is no place on this planet that I would rather be. But I'm just one woman who is filled with gratitude for the chance to live in paradise.

So please, Mr. Prime Minister, remember why you took over the government last year. You believed you could make things better for Thais and visitors. It is worth it to come to Thailand, and your passion for this country is why so many Thais love what you are doing. And to those who can only see problems, have you stepped up to make things better yet?

Lol. Now I've heard it all. Anyone else see the irony in one of the "deniers" actually taking pen in hand to lecture the PM, telling HIM to go somewhere else?! Too funny!

clap2.gif