PM urges all Thais to make Thailand worth visiting

webfact

Perhaps the General might assist in this, by instructing Immigration to give 90-days on-arrival, instead of just 30-days ?

And then by including Re-Entry Permits with Extension-of-Stay, so that if you're allowed to stay for longer, then that automatically includes the right to come and go within the extension-period ?

Just two small changes, which would make Thailand a more-friendly country, and easier to visit for longer ! wai2.gif

While you're at it : no more mandatory informing of immigration office about staying more than 24 hours away from your residency or informing immigration or police at the place you are staying at.

I feel like a prisoner here. Abolish fines for small motels/hotels for not informing immigration of foreigners staying.

I'll go back and read the article, but I'll think I'll start a list first:

Tuk tuk drivers: stop assaulting tourists

Taxi drivers: stop hacking up expats with machetes

Karaoke owners: stop charging farangs 20K baht for a 500 baht bill then gang beating the patron for non-payment

Store owners: stop over-charging tourists and expats

Government: stop two-tier price schemes at you own public parks, monuments, and other public infrastructures

...and the list goes on...

• Like 1

Perhaps the General might assist in this, by instructing Immigration to give 90-days on-arrival, instead of just 30-days ?

And then by including Re-Entry Permits with Extension-of-Stay, so that if you're allowed to stay for longer, then that automatically includes the right to come and go within the extension-period ?

Just two small changes, which would make Thailand a more-friendly country, and easier to visit for longer ! wai2.gif

While you're at it : no more mandatory informing of immigration office about staying more than 24 hours away from your residency or informing immigration or police at the place you are staying at.

I feel like a prisoner here. Abolish fines for small motels/hotels for not informing immigration of foreigners staying.

I feel like a prisoner here.

Yep, we are treated just like Western countries, and probably even Thailand, treat their paroled criminals. The only difference? Thai parolees eventually come to an end of the parole and can stop reporting. Foreign expats are treated as though they are always one step away from a criminal act and must me watched like hawks.

A hint to the Thai government:

Please let people criticise the goverment.

Todays censorship does not work. Since all criticism is censored, its worse for Thailand. I actively warn people about Thailand about these problems that we are not allowed to address.

Please understand me Thai people:

I love Thailand. I love Thai culture. I have visited this country for 23 years. I understand that I am a guest in a nationalistic country that thinks about its citizens above everyone else.

I love that attitude. I wish my home country/western countries also where natinalistic. (why have a country if the home government actively hate its own people like for example Swedish government do and actively kill of its own citizen and swap them out with immigrants. Sweden: In 40 years 37% of the population have been swapped to immigrants. That is genocide)

Thailand:

To address problems they have to be admitted. Something that is problem with a "face" culture.

I have had 6 break ins into my home in 1 year. I managed to track down the perpetrator. I had 30 pages of evidence for the police.

But no... I am not a Thai person = no help.
And since all these stories are censored = "they never happened".

In Sweden we have a problem with immigrants throwing girls from balconies. World champions on "throwing girls from balcony" ("Honor murders")

Thailand: No other country in the world have so many immigrants that "accidentally" fall of balconies. Always "suicide".

This will hurt Thailand.
I personally will probably move home. Its 1.5 million THB/Year less for Thailand economy.

Lets say 1000 expats move home in the same situation. That is 15000 million THB lost for Thailand. And I think there are more than 1000 expats that are may leave the country.

(and add to that the strong THB. It needs to be devaluated quickly or there will be a huge crisis within 2 years. Non thai people don't magically have 40% more money just because the THB is 40% more expensive)

Along along I thought tourism wasn't that important to the Thai economy, yea right. I feel tourism supports more than some realize. Just look at all the unfortunate young women working in Patts to support their kid(s) and family back home.

... most of the guys support tens of thousands of your Thai families. Not to forget all the Thai wifes living abroad and traeted as equals and whose Thai families are supported by their husbands.

The 70-something Dutch bloke I was talking to on Udon train station had a Thai ex-wife and two Thai kids. What he didn't have (obviously) was 800,000B in ready cash, so he was flying to KL and back for no good reason. He had fluent Thai and had lived in the country for decades, but he was still being frigged about despite (he said) supporting four Thais. [i'm not sure who the fourth person was, and he had his ex-wife tapping rubber on two rai of forest, but you could see his point].

Great comments,

IF the ex soldier spent less time at his personal tailors and hairdresser, Thailand may be a better place.

Thailand is in desperate need of an modern, international oriented PM with brains who is living in the reality with both feet on the ground, instead of a daft old man who walks in the shadow of his own ego in his exclusive silk shirts.

I personally will probably move home. Its 1.5 million THB/Year less for Thailand economy.

Lets say 1000 expats move home in the same situation. That is 15000 million THB lost for Thailand. And I think there are more than 1000 expats that are may leave the country.

It's amazing how few people actually think like this. You're right, of course.

• Like 1

First of all not many expads have 1.5 million most gets by with 5-600.000 a year

but lets play on 1.5 million times 1000 is 1500 million not 15.000 million

off this 1500 millions about 4-500 millions is what thailand will mis as the rest will be saved in not having the customer at all

now 500 million less in thailand is the same as every thai is down 7,14 baht so dont count on bankrupting thailand

even if we play it with all 1500 millions it means all thai will loose a little short off 22 bath a year

not really someting they will be scared of

I, along with many others, urge you to change your <deleted> immigration policies, especially for expats that have Thai spouses...you can't have it both ways mister! What do you think, you just visitors to come in and dump money and then just leave?...time to wake-up and smell the durian mister!

Edited by metisdead
Profanity
  • Like 1

On a minor point of maths, 1.5 million multiplied by 1,000 expats, equals B1,500 million, you've managed to add an extra zero from somewhere. wai2.gif

Edited by Ricardo
  • Like 1

First of all not many expads have 1.5 million most gets by with 5-600.000 a year

but lets play on 1.5 million times 1000 is 1500 million not 15.000 million

off this 1500 millions about 4-500 millions is what thailand will mis as the rest will be saved in not having the customer at all

now 500 million less in thailand is the same as every thai is down 7,14 baht so dont count on bankrupting thailand

even if we play it with all 1500 millions it means all thai will loose a little short off 22 bath a year

not really someting they will be scared of

You're thinking about the whole thai population, but consider the rural areas where a farang in the family gives a new house, a new car, food and "drink" on the table and a regular income that the small farm will not provide. In my small village there are 12 registered farangs. The difference they have made is significant, not just to their immediate family but to the service providers (shops, builders, car and motorbike sales and repairs etc etc). I guess I'm talking micro economics while you were considering the macro version. Both are important, but to so many mainly rural thais day to day living is what is important, and that's "micro".

• Like 1

first Ricardo 1000 farangs who spend every year 1million500thousand bath is 1billion500millions bath .

second , if all the farangs who live like expats here , make house , buy car and bike , have all the comfort so that they make live a lot of thai peoples include all the family of their GF live thailand , it ll miss a lot of billions baths for thailand .

first Ricardo 1000 farangs who spend every year 1million500thousand bath is 1billion500millions bath .

second , if all the farangs who live like expats here , make house , buy car and bike , have all the comfort so that they make live a lot of thai peoples include all the family of their GF live thailand , it ll miss a lot of billions baths for thailand .

How about finally letting us OWN some land and build our own house.

• Like 1

PM urges all Thais to make Thailand worth visiting

Gen. Prayut stressed that it was important that all citizens were aware of their role and mobilized their efforts to do their duty to the best of their ability.

Let's face facts good general. About 80% of tourism is generated by the country's sex industry. So, are you saying those workers shouldn't be so lazy and put on better performances to please the tourists?

I wholeheartedly agree with you on that point.

Come on all you bar girls , do your duty to the best of your ability. A smile is good but not laughing at the wrong moment , a little moan can be good , just do your best and the Gen. will be pleased.

I'm glad your maths confirm my own ! That UK accountancy-qualification wasn't wasted on me ! I was (of course) pointing out that it didn't add up to fifteen billion Baht, as claimed. rolleyes.gif

And I'm pleased to agree with your second point too, thanks to the 'multiplier effect', our economic-input does indeed add several times the value of the initial-input, to the Thai economy. Did I say that it didn't ? wink.png

Edited by Ricardo

Yes, no one off all theis complainers have the balls to leave/visit another country anyway

they all complain and say i will leave/i will visit another country next years holiday

BUT they all come here again and again

Thailand is not perfect but it is and will always be the best place

Thais mades thailand as they want, it is not up to farang so dont lose your time complaining just enjoy and be happy that thais still welcomes you in their land

As long as Thailand has the HONEY, then we will all come with our MONEY

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Health and safety rules in UK stipulate that boys playing the conkers must now wear goggles due to safety concerns, makes me think that nobody will leave Thailand to go back to the nanny state.

Dangerous game that Conkers, could take someone's eye out as easily as one of those darts at a "cultural " show in Pattaya !