‘My holiday in Thailand turned into hell’

masuk

155228-8b05b2c6-e241-11e4-a16e-c49b94c20JAIME SINGLETON, Australian traveller

“Last December I was on holiday with my partner and we were walking down the street after dinner in Phuket, at about 8pm, and thought we’d go to the Dino Bar at the Marina Phuket Resort as it looked like an attraction.

There we saw “Nadia” the baby elephant tied up outside it and she was having photos taken with tourists.

She was roped around her back leg, and tied up to a pole. There was a man standing close to her and he had his hand on her ear. There were tourists surrounding her and hanging off her, offering food in return for the photos.

http://zite.to/1Op8APl

The way elephants are abused and exploited for tourism is disgusting ideed. The 'traditional' days long bloody torture of baby elehants to break their mind with sticks and knives is still going on hidden behind the false smiles of people calling themselves 'buddhist'.

• Like 2

The way elephants are abused and exploited for tourism is disgusting ideed. The 'traditional' days long bloody torture of baby elehants to break their mind with sticks and knives is still going on hidden behind the false smiles of people calling themselves 'buddhist'.

How right you are Mcffee,

it's thainess with a capital Tee.

Nobody would keep a large mammal for a pet.

If they weren't of use they would be killed.

Same as we did to all the large animals in the west.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

Why do these whacked out farang women come to Thailand and try to pose their holier than thou beliefs on others?

Its not about a whacked out farang its about awareness of exploiting animals to make money. elephants are in particular abused to make them perform unnatural acts.

I guess you support elephants trudging up and down the bars in Sukumvit too or the tiger temple at Kanchanaburi which by chance has acquired 146 tigers and bears in captivity ...its all about money

...wake up ThaiRich animal cruelty is banned in most advanced countries why should it be allowed here

• Like 2

The mistreatment of animals goes on everywhere. Vietnam is a prime location for animal trafficking. Do these countries have SPCAs? Local involvement is necessary for conditions to improve.

It is much worse...the mom was probably shot and killed.....just to have the tusks sawed off.

Her baby, mourning at her side, was locked in a cage for 2 months and transported to Phuket.

She has been chained there, for what seems to her to be an eternity...eating junk food and posing

with fat tourists....half blinded by the flashes. Now half mad, she sways from side to side...and has

visions of growing her own tusks, with which to gore the stomachs out of passing tourists...Just waiting.

• Like 2

Reality sucks!

Some one needs to feed the animal and take care of it.

Alternative, put it back in it's Natural Environment, OH!, there home is gone, replaced by resorts, roads, farms and people.

As long as the animal is not abused or maltreated, it is better than the alternative of being relegated to the growing list of Extinct Species.

Enjoy the as long as you can, they won't be here long.

Taking care of these animals is difficult and expensive.

Who is going to do it YOU!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Reality sucks!

Some one needs to feed the animal and take care of it.

Alternative, put it back in it's Natural Environment, OH!, there home is gone, replaced by resorts, roads, farms and people.

As long as the animal is not abused or maltreated, it is better than the alternative of being relegated to the growing list of Extinct Species.

Enjoy the as long as you can, they won't be here long.

Taking care of these animals is difficult and expensive.

Who is going to do it YOU!

Nailed it, this is what the do-gooders don't get, I love animals as much as the next person but as stated above, the reality is that there's unfortunately very little room left for the larger varieties.

It is much worse...the mom was probably shot and killed.....just to have the tusks sawed off.

Her baby, mourning at her side, was locked in a cage for 2 months and transported to Phuket.

She has been chained there, for what seems to her to be an eternity...eating junk food and posing

with fat tourists....half blinded by the flashes. Now half mad, she sways from side to side...and has

visions of growing her own tusks, with which to gore the stomachs out of passing tourists...Just waiting.

Do mum's have tusks?

• Like 1

Why do these whacked out farang women come to Thailand and try to pose their holier than thou beliefs on others?

Its not about a whacked out farang its about awareness of exploiting animals to make money. elephants are in particular abused to make them perform unnatural acts.

I guess you support elephants trudging up and down the bars in Sukumvit too or the tiger temple at Kanchanaburi which by chance has acquired 146 tigers and bears in captivity ...its all about money

...wake up ThaiRich animal cruelty is banned in most advanced countries why should it be allowed here

Because this isn't an advanced country. Again self righteous westerners going to a foreign country and demands the little brown man change their ways and beliefs so the white imperialist is comfortable.

I want to add that I don't agree with it and I don't have my picture taken with captive animals. But I don't impose my beliefs and morals on a culture that is different than mine.

The solution is to eliminate the demand for pictures taken with animals or wild animals shows and the supply will disappear.

Edited by ThaiRich
  • Like 2

Do mum's have tusks?

I stand corrected....only ladyboy elephants have tusks.

switch the scenario to "father" vice mom...... ok..I embellished...but still sad.

• Like 1