‘My holiday in Thailand turned into hell’

masuk

I'm ashamed of fellow posters. The woman wrote what she saw and felt. You all jump on her like her opinion didn't count. But you expect your opinions to count. SHAME

Oh please...

She thought she saw and felt the "sadness" of the elephant, broke down in tears which ruined her holiday.

Not only is she uninformed and has no concept of the reasons behind this problem, she also had no idea of the ramifications of her actions.

Now the elephant has been removed, do you think it is better off?

Her OP just begs to be torn apart for the uninformed, touchy-feely, faulty environmental guff that it contains.

I agree. Now the elephant isn't making money for the owner is it being feed enough or at all. I've been here long enough to know that most of the people that have these animals can't afford to feed them. She would of probably (the elephant too) been better off with taking a beach holiday in her own country.

• Like 1

I want to add that I don't agree with it and I don't have my picture taken with captive animals. But I don't impose my beliefs and morals on a culture that is different than mine.

The solution is to eliminate the demand for pictures taken with animals or wild animals shows and the supply will disappear.

"The solution is to eliminate the demand for pictures taken with animals or wild animals shows and the supply will disappear." - make it a crime, with the death penalty attached. That will end the "demand" - in the same way it has with drugs in Thailand. biggrin.png

Oh please...

She thought she saw and felt the "sadness" of the elephant, broke down in tears which ruined her holiday.

Not only is she uninformed and has no concept of the reasons behind this problem, she also had no idea of the ramifications of her actions.

Now the elephant has been removed, do you think it is better off?

Her OP just begs to be torn apart for the uninformed, touchy-feely, faulty environmental guff that it contains.

When thinking of the next iteration round, the Dino park will not get another baby elephant after the current grows up and does not look so cute anymore.

I'm actually quite sure that even this Dumbo will be better of somewhere else, compared of being a display item for tourists.

I feel the same about Koala Bears in Australia ! w00t.gif

When I saw one in Brisbane, I immediately wanted to have one shot & stuffed, so that I could take it home with me, to cry over ! coffee1.gif

Koala BEAR?? There's no such thing.

I want to add that I don't agree with it and I don't have my picture taken with captive animals. But I don't impose my beliefs and morals on a culture that is different than mine.

The solution is to eliminate the demand for pictures taken with animals or wild animals shows and the supply will disappear.

If you don't want to exploit animals don't eat meat,fish or wear cloths that are made from animals too. If you do, don't get on your high horse.