Android Box ...quad core, where to buy, are they any good ?

dirtycash

are these boxes any good, can any one give me info on them like price, where to buy in pattaya or bkk. ( cloud net . quad core android ) do i need really hi speed wifi to use these ?

also, i can get a sky box here in uk for a one off payment of 5000 baht ( £100 ) and have it served each year for 2000 baht ( £40 ) can i get the same in thailand , are there anyone supplying these boxes for free sky or any other tv in thailand.

thanks

post-216244-0-02088600-1429436022_thumb.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been using one I bought off lazada.co.th for more than a year. Services available here are:

- Legal - IPTV though your internet provicer which gives all/most Thai free to air digital TV and some on demand content, some movies.

Possibly illegal, though I have no idea:

- ilikehdtv - lots of content from True, CTH and some Vietnamese channels, about 500B/month though depends on what package you choose.

- SportInter - English Premier League and some movie channels, 1000B every 200 days

- Thai Expat TV - UK free to air TV, 600-900B/month, price has increased massively since they took over UKTV thus creating a monopoly.

- some other packages you can find if you search for "Thailand IPTV" on the search engine of your choice.

- some other options you may find work on the google play store.

I find it useful, though the streams aren't the most reliable......

I have just bought one.

A LEOTECH X2 STRONG, its actually a re branded GENIATECH MX-ENJOY TV BOX. 1300 baht.

Lots of stuff on You Tube about these products, Leotech is a Thai company and all their stuff is in Thai, including the manual, but its available in English on the Geniatech webpage.

It will turn your TV into an android tablet, so you can surf the net, download apps, watch videos, play downloaded movies from a hard drive just like a media player. The remote operates the keyboard.

With the "I LIKE HD TV" from playstore and signing up at ilikehd.com you can watch UK tv live for very little cost. purchase by the hour, day, week etc and pay at any 7-11 store.

I use it mostly to watch downloaded movies and TV series, you will need a fast internet connection to watch live TV

I bought a Minix X7 at Tukcom Patts about 6 months ago. Wasnt expensive and very happy with and a much more capable media player than my Samsung Smart TV. I have setup KODI and satisfied with the performance too.

I guess you would be more flexible with a standard home theater PC (HTPC) running Linux and use Kodi (formerly XBMC).

There are many plugins for Kodi, legal and illegal giving access to all kinds of content and you can use it to play and manage your media, movies, pictures, music, etc.

I've been using Kodi/XBMC on an Xtreamer HTPC with Ubuntu Linux for about 4 years and it's very stable, easy to use for the wife and kids. Another advantage is that apart from Kodi you have full PC functionality for browsing, Skype, email, office applications, etc. The Xtreamer is small, silent and uses much less power than a normal PC.

We have been using a Kodi/XMBC box for a couple of years now and love it. It came all set up with more stuff then you'll need in your lifetime and is regularly updated automatically. You definitely need good internet and a minimum of 5Mbs is suggested, we have 20Mbs. We purchased ours in Bangkok from JSAT. You can find tons of info, FAQ and prices on their website, jsat dot tv.

I've been using one I bought off lazada.co.th for more than a year. Services available here are:

- Legal - IPTV though your internet provicer which gives all/most Thai free to air digital TV and some on demand content, some movies.

Possibly illegal, though I have no idea:

- ilikehdtv - lots of content from True, CTH and some Vietnamese channels, about 500B/month though depends on what package you choose.

- SportInter - English Premier League and some movie channels, 1000B every 200 days

- Thai Expat TV - UK free to air TV, 600-900B/month, price has increased massively since they took over UKTV thus creating a monopoly.

- some other packages you can find if you search for "Thailand IPTV" on the search engine of your choice.

- some other options you may find work on the google play store.

I find it useful, though the streams aren't the most reliable......

I have this service for free, why on earth would you pay for it?

Plus i have the Russian version of netflix.

Hi

i have been looking into different options... and like many others I am a little confused by it all.

Here are my thoughts....

1) without a high speed quality internet connection, don't even think about it.

2) The retailers of these boxes show tantalizing images off all the channels you can get free using their boxes.... but underline in several places that they are NOT providers of TV content.

3) In other words... it would be illegal for them to do so.... and therefore.... illegal for us also.

4) it would appear it is no more safe to use these boxes as it is to use Bitorrent to download movies to your computer....

5) Therefore we are not within the law.... either Thai or UK or wherever...

6) Owners of the Intellectual Property are constantly looking for ways to reduce piracy. Either by prosecution or moving the goal posts so that Bitorrent or These boxes become unusable.

7) Therefore we could pay out say 7000 baht for a box that will not work in say 6 months time.... or worse... examples may be made by prosecuting a few thousand of us to warn the others...

comments anyone?

Hi

i have been looking into different options... and like many others I am a little confused by it all.

Here are my thoughts....

2) The retailers of these boxes show tantalizing images off all the channels you can get free using their boxes.... but underline in several places that they are NOT providers of TV content.

3) In other words... it would be illegal for them to do so.... and therefore.... illegal for us also.

4) it would appear it is no more safe to use these boxes as it is to use Bitorrent to download movies to your computer....

6) Owners of the Intellectual Property are constantly looking for ways to reduce piracy. Either by prosecution or moving the goal posts so that Bitorrent or These boxes become unusable.

7) Therefore we could pay out say 7000 baht for a box that will not work in say 6 months time.... or worse... examples may be made by prosecuting a few thousand of us to warn the others...

comments anyone?

mister goody two shoes , 100,0000,s people using these all over thailand and uk.

so anyone any prices or where to buy ?

I have the android box from watchglobal.tv It is expensive but reliable. It gets Sky Sports,BBC, ITV etc. It actually gets all the sports channels and everything else from all over the world.

My mate got them to program his android box with all their channels.

Hi

Here are my thoughts....

comments anyone?

Odd challenge for your 17th post.

1) You can use these without an Internet Connection. If you WANT Internet content, then you need an internet connection. Internet Speed and Quality requirements are dependent on type of content and originating location.

2) YES, i'd say a LOT of the sellers purposely bundle these boxes with ill-gotten content apps to garner sales. The device retailers ARE NOT content providers, they sell either a generic or "pre-loaded" box, so they cannot guarantee delivery of content because they themselves don't produce or make available the content. They aren't in that end of the "business". It isn't a Cable or Satellite box directly tied to a fixed service.

3) The boxes themselves are not illegal. Just like owning a Computer isn't illegal, or owning a high-performance race car. What you do with it... that might be illegal.

These are for the most part GENERIC Android Set Top Boxes ... You decide what you want to load on them and use them for (even if they come "pre-loaded").

4) The boxes are safe to use. Just be mindful of the application and content being delivered (whether free or paid). Even Google's YouTube distributes restricted content, available until a take-down notice gets issued. There are plenty of "legal" applications and content providers available. AIS, TOT, CTH, GMMz, True all produce iptv apps for watching their free and paid content.

5) Again, the set top box is legal. The application YOU CHOOSE to use, maybe not so much.

6) These boxes are always usable, as many types of apps can be installed. Photos, Music, Video, Games, Web Browsers. It doesn't all have to be about ill-gotten P2P video content.

7) The DEVICE and "THE SERVICE" (whatever app is uses to get it) are TWO SEPARATE THINGS.

And as you don't seem to understand the software or technology behind these Google Set Top Boxes, it's probable that you'd believe you were out several thousand baht when that one installed software addon stopped working because it wasn't a legitimate content redistribution company (most of them aren't). If the CONTENT you receive is not delivered to you legitimately, it's highly possible but not probably that you could be prosecuted.

Yes, it's confusing. Don't ask where it comes from. You might not like the answer.

I bought a Logitech mouse and keyboard set. Standard job, no special Android requirement. Plug it in and it works. Keyboard is only used occasionally, but worth having. Mouse is a must.

I'd love to get a box that provides English language programming and movies, but all this is Greek to me...

One of the forum sponsors provides boxes and lists of apps that do just that (well, not in Greek). Look them up and ask them some questions.

Hi

comments anyone?

I guess you are a glass half empty kind of guy? A good quad core box can be had for under 4-5000THB. As pointed out by RC they have loads of configurable options inc legit ones. Install Kodi and most of ones needs are fulfilled.

I have this service for free, why on earth would you pay for it?

How do you watch Thai Expat Tv for free? Whenever my invoice doesn't get paid they always disconnect me.

I hope what you suggest includes play on demand service as well?

Hi

comments anyone?

I guess you are a glass half empty kind of guy? A good quad core box can be had for under 4-5000THB. As pointed out by RC they have loads of configurable options inc legit ones. Install Kodi and most of ones needs are fulfilled.

But, for that money, i would prefer to add 2-3000 Baht and buy a cheap notebook. Controllable by keyboard/mouse and remote desktop control. I think this is still the best solution.

Watching media IS NOT ILLEGAL. However, downloading it is. Top of the line android boxes are 5000 baht or less.

So you can watch it without downloading it?

Streaming is also downloading.

No streaming is not downloading....2 different animals completely.

Nov. 2014

Pattaya

Tukcom

Minix X8-H-PLUS

2 GB RAM, 16 GB ROM, Gbit Ethernet and a free Airmouse.

5200 Baht.

Reliable device and great support/updates from Minix.....imho the best box one you can get nowadays.

But sailbad the sinner has a point, if you don't really want to gamble and don't know if your interwebnet is good enough, a Bt1300 Fire TV Stick is probably the way to go.

Plus it goes in the back of your TV so no cables other than the power (which will run off USB).

Personally don't think the technology is quite good enough to be used as a constant source of entertainment, in my experience with Kodi I found it messy and inconsistent and in my opinion somethings like sport365 for sports and torrents for tv / movies is the way to go. Maybe I just need to invest in some solid package like sport365 to serve my movie / tv needs but I was really disappointed in Kodi.

I'll give it another year or so and try again

Archived